Rosen vs Murray

patriotsheatyan

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I like it, I simply don't see any guarantee that he's the next big coming of...anything. As many people are. 

I don’t think anyone is a guarantee, but I have confidence his game will translate.

Edited by SmittyBacall

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don’t think anyone is a guarantee, but I have confidence his game will translate.

That;s cool. You get where I'm coming from though, right? While I'm not an annointer, I'm not a naysayer, either...

8 hours ago, Danger said:

He'd stand a fraction of chance if he were a pocket passer, but with how often he's going to run, I give it half a season.

Where or what is the correlation between size and vulnerability to injury, for any position? 

He’s been adept and willing to avoid contact at the collegiate level, and I don’t see how that wouldn’t translate just because the NFL has better athletes. People are acting like he’s RGIII 2.0, when his tape in regards to escapability and willingness to protect oneself says otherwise. 

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I guess it depends on why you have your reservations. What’s your beef?

No beef at all. I'd simply describe him as very good or...a solid prospect, rather than incredible or cant miss. 

23 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Where or what is the correlation between size and vulnerability to injury, for any position? 

Look up Fins' too-skinny QB Pat White vs Steelers. That experiment in the Itty Bitty QB Who Can Run didn't go well because NFL hits are different that college hits. I'm already cringing thinking of the physical pounding Murray is going to take this year in Arizona.  

On 5/17/2019 at 8:18 PM, Heinz D. said:

I like it, I simply don't see any guarantee that he's the next big coming of...anything. As many people are. 

Many? I think he has way more skeptics than believers if anything.

• Like 1

What did Rosen do better as a prospect compared to Kyler? Looked like a QB & maybe ball placement? I like Rosen, but people are anointing this dude to something he just isn’t & I think that’s mostly due to his awesome renegade personality.

If the Dolphins finish with the worst record in the league & Rosen still doesn’t perform well, criticism just can’t go ALL on the supporting cast around him again. 

• Like 1

These are two completely different players. They both are good at identifying coverages and finding the favorable matchups, but Murray is the far better athlete.

If both stay healthy, I think both will end up being top 12 QBs for the better part of a decade.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 8:50 AM, FinSting said:

Look up Fins' too-skinny QB Pat White vs Steelers. That experiment in the Itty Bitty QB Who Can Run didn't go well because NFL hits are different that college hits. I'm already cringing thinking of the physical pounding Murray is going to take this year in Arizona.  

But was Pat White good at avoiding hits like Kyler Murray is. I think people need to realize that Kyler Murray is good at avoiding hits as he has quick feet and also being baseball player he knows how to slide and protect himself. 

23 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

What did Rosen do better as a prospect compared to Kyler? Looked like a QB & maybe ball placement? I like Rosen, but people are anointing this dude to something he just isn’t & I think that’s mostly due to his awesome renegade personality.

If the Dolphins finish with the worst record in the league & Rosen still doesn’t perform well, criticism just can’t go ALL on the supporting cast around him again. 

Interesting, seems to me most fans hated his personality coming from the draft. Although more fans have come to like Rosen due to their hate for Murray and sympathy for Rosen being traded after a year.