Rosen vs Murray

patriotsheatyan

5 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

These are two completely different players. They both are good at identifying coverages and finding the favorable matchups, but Murray is the far better athlete.

If both stay healthy, I think both will end up being top 12 QBs for the better part of a decade.

Agreed, both talented QBs that will have success with their respective teams.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, after further evaluation, I think it’s Kyler very easily.

He has so many things I love in a QB from an arm & mental standpoint. Just like when Aaron Donald came out, height be damned.

I like Rosen, but I only think most say Rosen because how he was done & not actual quarterbacking ability.

i don’t know if I’ll be more shocked if Kyler isn’t top 5 QB in 3-4 years or Rosen is a top 12 QB in the same time frame.

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

Honestly, after further evaluation, I think it’s Kyler very easily.

He has so many things I love in a QB from an arm & mental standpoint. Just like when Aaron Donald came out, height be damned.

I like Rosen, but I only think most say Rosen because how he was done & not actual quarterbacking ability.

i don’t know if I’ll be more shocked if Kyler isn’t top 5 QB in 3-4 years or Rosen is a top 12 QB in the same time frame.

AD decided not to go the QB route. He left that to Goff

• 2 weeks later...

I have nothing against Kyler Murray.  I'm not sure what to think about his size and playing style translating to the NFL.  It will be interesting to see what AZ's new head coach will do with him. 

At the same time, the way Josh Rosen handled the whole situation made me want to cheer for him.  This was truly a classy video:

On 5/19/2019 at 2:47 PM, ClutchDJ said:

What did Rosen do better as a prospect compared to Kyler? Looked like a QB & maybe ball placement? I like Rosen, but people are anointing this dude to something he just isn’t & I think that’s mostly due to his awesome renegade personality.

If the Dolphins finish with the worst record in the league & Rosen still doesn’t perform well, criticism just can’t go ALL on the supporting cast around him again. 

Maybe not ALL, but I think you have to give Rosen a pass for a season in this situation.  We're talking about QB who is playing in his first year with a new team in only his second year in the league.  The supporting cast sure doesn't look like it's going to do him too many favors.  It would be difficult for me to be too hard on any QB in this situation.

On 5/15/2019 at 7:27 PM, patriotsheatyan said:

Who will have a better career?

Better season?

Do you like the trade for both teams, just one of them, or neither?

Murray

Murray

The trade was fine for both teams. Low risk High reward for dolphins. Cards had to do it

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

tumblr_m0dqpmLhde1qeadce.gif

I'm not quite sure what point your .gif is trying to make.  Based on your other posts, it sounds like you are a lot higher on Murray than Rosen.  I'm not going to argue with you on that because I don't know enough about either one of them to have any kind of informed opinion.  I'm just cheering for Rosen's success because I liked the way he handled himself in the video I posted.  I don't have anything against Murray either.  Hopefully, both of these young guys will have a lot of success in their careers.

Edited by Uncle Buck