Lee traded to K.C

jetfuel34

I wonder if Lee was that much of a distraction in the locker room, only thing that makes sense, but aside from his suspension/concert nonsense, I didn't see it.  Think were going to end up hating this move. Really liked what I saw from him last year in coverage.

18 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I wonder if Lee was that much of a distraction in the locker room, only thing that makes sense, but aside from his suspension/concert nonsense, I didn't see it.  Think were going to end up hating this move. Really liked what I saw from him last year in coverage.

He had his issues but I did see improvement from him every year. At the same time, but I think moving him now had to be done. Former 1st round pick who just got replaced by the highest paid ILB in the league. To prevent anything toxic from potentially developing, I think it was smart to dump him now. I do think the Chiefs got a steal, but Lee wasn't going to get the chance to improve his trade value. Then he will walk for nothing. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He had his issues but I did see improvement from him every year. At the same time, but I think moving him now had to be done. Former 1st round pick who just got replaced by the highest paid ILB in the league. To prevent anything toxic from potentially developing, I think it was smart to dump him now. I do think the Chiefs got a steal, but Lee wasn't going to get the chance to improve his trade value. Then he will walk for nothing. 

Getting a sixth round pick for Lee was just like getting nothing, but you are right he had to go for several reasons.

Just now, doumeyer said:

Getting a sixth round pick for Lee was just like getting nothing, but you are right he had to go for several reasons.

Yeah, it feels like that until we are in the 2020 draft hoping we use that additional pick to trade up with. lol 

• Like 1

For what it’s worth, Lee was 24th rated LB at PFF with a 72.4. Mosely was 22nd with a 73.6 grade. According to PFF Mosely was good in run defense and poor against the pass. Lee was the opposite. Williamson at 18 was a slightly better version of Mosely. Cashman, PFF’s 4th highest grade college LB, was good at both. . By drafting Cashman, i’m assuming the goal was to dump Lee. Getting a 5th instead of a 6th wasn’t that big a deal.since both picks would be long shots to be anything more than special team players.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Reuben Foster went down with an apparent serious knee injury for Washington.  I wonder if we could have received more that a 6th for Lee from Washington.

Until Lee was traded Chiefs were only team that interested to acquire him. I don't know if Redskins and Chiefs would be in a fierce competition for Lee's service but Redskins have rookie Cole Holcomb whom I wouldn't have a problem to start  over Lee.

4 hours ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Gase said decision to trade Lee was made before he was hired. Wonder if it's the off the field stuff that worried the Jets and they just wanted to move on.

That is an interesting statement. So that seems to indicate it came from ownership as he was traded after Macc was fired and supposedly for less than what Macc was willing to take.  Gase's statements are very contradictory to his actions when it comes to stuff like this.

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

That is an interesting statement. So that seems to indicate it came from ownership as he was traded after Macc was fired and supposedly for less than what Macc was willing to take.  Gase's statements are very contradictory to his actions when it comes to stuff like this.

Lol what?

They had been talking to the Chiefs since before Gase was hired. He made the decision to get it done now. 

What exactly did he contradict?

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Lol what?

They had been talking to the Chiefs since before Gase was hired. He made the decision to get it done now. 

I agree. As soon as we spent mega millions on Mosely, it was obvious that Lee was gone. We weren’t paying Mosely and Williamson as part time players and both were on the field for about 92% of their team snaps. Drafting Cashman sealed the deal as he will probably be happy with getting the few snaps that are left over.

20 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Lol what?

Gase has stated he wants to coach only and there was no power struggle.  Decision to trade Lee was prior to his hiring seems to indicate we were shopping Lee for while.  Looks like Macc was waiting it out to get a little better offer than a 6th from KC.  Macc gets fired.  Gase makes trade literately within hours.  Not exactly the actions of a guy who does not want GM / roster control like he says.  That is the contradiction.

36 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Gase has stated he wants to coach only and there was no power struggle.  Decision to trade Lee was prior to his hiring seems to indicate we were shopping Lee for while.  Looks like Macc was waiting it out to get a little better offer than a 6th from KC.  Macc gets fired.  Gase makes trade literately within hours.  Not exactly the actions of a guy who does not want GM / roster control like he says.  That is the contradiction.

He’s the GM, he can make that call. 

It’s not a contradiction if his role is to be both coach and GM right now. 

If Macc was still here and Gase did it then it would contradict what he said but CJ put him in charge and he made a move to get a player we weren’t keeping out of here. 

Maybe you don’t know what contradicting is that’s all.

9 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He’s the GM, he can make that call. 

It’s not a contradiction if his role is to be both coach and GM right now. 

If Macc was still here and Gase did it then it would contradict what he said but CJ put him in charge and he made a move to get a player we weren’t keeping out of here. 

Maybe you don’t know what contradicting is that’s all.

LOL

Interim GM.  If he was not a control freak nor wanted control there would have been no issue waiting to trade Lee when the real GM is in place. Simply a control move for a guy who says this was not about control.  That is what a contradiction is as it seems you don't understand that yourself.