Sign in to follow this  
jetfuel34

Lee traded to K.C

I wonder if Lee was that much of a distraction in the locker room, only thing that makes sense, but aside from his suspension/concert nonsense, I didn't see it.  Think were going to end up hating this move. Really liked what I saw from him last year in coverage.

18 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I wonder if Lee was that much of a distraction in the locker room, only thing that makes sense, but aside from his suspension/concert nonsense, I didn't see it.  Think were going to end up hating this move. Really liked what I saw from him last year in coverage.

He had his issues but I did see improvement from him every year. At the same time, but I think moving him now had to be done. Former 1st round pick who just got replaced by the highest paid ILB in the league. To prevent anything toxic from potentially developing, I think it was smart to dump him now. I do think the Chiefs got a steal, but Lee wasn't going to get the chance to improve his trade value. Then he will walk for nothing. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He had his issues but I did see improvement from him every year. At the same time, but I think moving him now had to be done. Former 1st round pick who just got replaced by the highest paid ILB in the league. To prevent anything toxic from potentially developing, I think it was smart to dump him now. I do think the Chiefs got a steal, but Lee wasn't going to get the chance to improve his trade value. Then he will walk for nothing. 

Getting a sixth round pick for Lee was just like getting nothing, but you are right he had to go for several reasons.

Just now, doumeyer said:

Getting a sixth round pick for Lee was just like getting nothing, but you are right he had to go for several reasons.

Yeah, it feels like that until we are in the 2020 draft hoping we use that additional pick to trade up with. lol 

For what it’s worth, Lee was 24th rated LB at PFF with a 72.4. Mosely was 22nd with a 73.6 grade. According to PFF Mosely was good in run defense and poor against the pass. Lee was the opposite. Williamson at 18 was a slightly better version of Mosely. Cashman, PFF’s 4th highest grade college LB, was good at both. . By drafting Cashman, i’m assuming the goal was to dump Lee. Getting a 5th instead of a 6th wasn’t that big a deal.since both picks would be long shots to be anything more than special team players.

Can't believe that this is a huge complaint lol.  Can't wait to Cashman to excel at ST and maybe get in the lineup once Williamson is gone.