Chiefs Trade for LB Darron Lee

chiefs82

A 6th. A freakin 6th. A starting ILB, who's still under his rookie contract, who was a former 1st rd pick, and who was great in coverage last year is dealt for a future nobody. If Gase doesn't win 10 games next season, I hope he's laughed out of the league.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

A 6th. A freakin 6th. A starting ILB, who's still under his rookie contract, who was a former 1st rd pick, and who was great in coverage last year is dealt for a future nobody. If Gase doesn't win 10 games next season, I hope he's laughed out of the league.

That seems like an absolutely horrible trade. Is there some sort of reason behind it a non-Jets fan wouldn't know off-hand? 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

That seems like an absolutely horrible trade. Is there some sort of reason behind it a non-Jets fan wouldn't know off-hand? 

Probably because he doesn't play receiver?

I dunno. Most fans will tell you he's undersized, can't tackle, or gets washed out, but from what I've seen that's pure BS. I've seen him stand up guys, cut through gaps, and he was seriously turning into a beast in underneath coverage. Everyone just kinda forgot because he was out most of the second half when our offenses actually had the starting receivers back. The last time they remember him on the field we were getting blow out by BUF and worked over by NE (mostly because out offense was utter garbage).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Probably because he doesn't play receiver?

I dunno. Most fans will tell you he's undersized, can't tackle, or gets washed out, but from what I've seen that's pure BS. I've seen him stand up guys, cut through gaps, and he was seriously turning into a beast in underneath coverage. Everyone just kinda forgot because he was out most of the second half when our offenses actually had the starting receivers back. The last time they remember him on the field we were getting blow out by BUF and worked over by NE (mostly because out offense was utter garbage).

Yeah...Lee always struck me as a solid guy. I don't get this move. I DO have faith in Gase overall, though. I think he'll end up being a positive force for the Jets. He has a history with doing a lot with very little. Not a much better appraisal of a HC to be found, really. 

8 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

League must not feel high on lee

He has one year left on his rookie contract and you're likely losing him for nothing if he doesn't improve. So you cannot trade any high pick for a mediocre player who you might have just for one year.