The NEXT series after GOT ends ?

Bearguy

1 hour ago, broncofan48 said:

Also to add, we haven’t had a good western even movie in what feels like forever I would love if they did the Red Dead video games storylines into a show

I've always thought a Mass Effect TV show would do well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

the obvious choice is The Wheel of Time done right.

If they decide to ignore the last 3-4 books Jordan wrote, maybe.   The problem imo is that it’s mostly a fantasy tale.  The characters aren’t that original any more - at the time, not now.  GoT succeeded initially because of the character development - honestly WoT is like Sesame Street compared to modern storytelling that GRRM and other authors have created.  

Kingkiller Chronicles or Malazan Book Of The Fallen could match the depth of character development.   Erikson’s saga also has the benefit of actually being complete lol.  

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

If they decide to ignore the last 3-4 books Jordan wrote, maybe.   The problem imo is that it’s a fantasy tale.  GoT succeeded initially because of the character development - honestly WoT is like Sesame Street compared to modern storytelling that GRRM and other authors created.  

Kingkiller Chronicles or Malazan Book Of The Fallen could match the depth of character development.   Erikson’s saga also has the benefit of actually being complete lol.  

really, just do the first 3.25 books.

by then, hes too OP

Personally I suspect much like how Lost captured audiences the next big Series is going to be some sci-fi / fantasy series that comes out with a fresh premise and outstanding character writing rather than off an amazing book series adaptation.  Why as much as I love the Malazan series is someone is going to try, my money would be on the field - and not for a while.  

8 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

really, just do the first 3.25 books.

by then, hes too OP

Jordan kind of redefined fantasy post-Tolkien (Terry Brooks / David Eddings / Weis & Hickman started the next evolution before, but he created the next phase).    

The problem is that his characters have been done to death in pop culture, if not series TV - so I don’t know how fresh it comes off now.   His series is literally 10 years late in being cutting edge for TV.   Just my 2 cents.  

Edited by Broncofan

I could see someone adapting Red Rising trilogy or Stormlight Archive as a TV series. Red  Rising in particular because a lot of the story-lines have tons of emotional weight, not to mention probably the best bait and switch death I've ever read.

Really looking forward to The Witcher

The show runners for Kingkiller Chronicles, whenever that eventually does get made into a series, might have to come up with their own ending at the rate Rothfuss is taking to complete book 3.

Someone should get the rights from Square to make a Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy tv series. Chrono Trigger is my favorite solo player game of all time.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

On 5/16/2019 at 2:54 PM, Jeezla said:

I could see someone adapting Red Rising trilogy or Stormlight Archive as a TV series. Red  Rising in particular because a lot of the story-lines have tons of emotional weight, not to mention probably the best bait and switch death I've ever read.

Really looking forward to The Witcher

The show runners for Kingkiller Chronicles, whenever that eventually does get made into a series, might have to come up with their own ending at the rate Rothfuss is taking to complete book 3.

Someone should get the rights from Square to make a Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy tv series. Chrono Trigger is my favorite solo player game of all time.

I could actually see them looking for the next big genre to take advantage of and old video games would be perfect. Like Chrono Trigger as you suggested. I would love to see FF6 be brought to HBO.

It has that female lead they can exploit and it has a unbelievable story.