The NEXT series after GOT ends ?

Bearguy

The First Law Trilogy - would love to see my favorite book character of all time brought to life - Inspector Sand dan Glokta  

The Kingkiller Chronicles - definitely has potential to be epic if done correctly 

Edited by HTTRG3Dynasty

Genre switch, but I'd like to see an episodic version of the Bourne series - we've seen the movies, but those were nowhere close to the depth of the books in terms of who Jason Bourne was during his hunt of Carlos the Jackal. Marie was nothing more than a damsel in distress, the book drew her up as a real powerhouse who adapted to her new situation.

We've seen a fairly successful book-to-TV adaption of Jack Ryan (with John Krazinski taking on the role in a convincing fashion) so I think the Bourne series could be just as fun to watch. 

The only issue I'd see is that the general public associates Matt Damon as Bourne... So a "new" Bourne isn't exactly going to be received very well, Damon did a great job in his role.

On 5/18/2019 at 5:46 AM, ET80 said:

Genre switch, but I'd like to see an episodic version of the Bourne series - we've seen the movies, but those were nowhere close to the depth of the books in terms of who Jason Bourne was during his hunt of Carlos the Jackal. Marie was nothing more than a damsel in distress, the book drew her up as a real powerhouse who adapted to her new situation.

We've seen a fairly successful book-to-TV adaption of Jack Ryan (with John Krazinski taking on the role in a convincing fashion) so I think the Bourne series could be just as fun to watch. 

The only issue I'd see is that the general public associates Matt Damon as Bourne... So a "new" Bourne isn't exactly going to be received very well, Damon did a great job in his role.

Now would be the time to make the switch considering how bad the last film was.  

• Like 1

Th new season of Westworld with Aaron Paul could potentially be the new thing. Westworld S1 was well on its way to becoming a massive phenomenon, but they crashed S2 and a lot of people stopped following. If they can get Westworld back on track in S3 to be as good as S1, then I think tht show could easily fill the GOT void. 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:39 AM, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

The First Law Trilogy - would love to see my favorite book character of all time brought to life - Inspector Sand dan Glokta  

The Kingkiller Chronicles - definitely has potential to be epic if done correctly 

Hopefully it doesn't have the same issue of the writing not being finished by the time they get to the third book.

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

might even keep my HBO because of the Watchmen.

It was meant to be a series, not a movie.

although, i did like many aspects of the movie.

Wasn't perfect, but I definitely liked it, and don't think it deserves the hate it gets. Still one of my favorite comic book adaptations. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Now would be the time to make the switch considering how bad the last film was.  

Yeah, I'd agree. The last movie was more of a popcorn flick, really lacked intrigue that went along with the first two movies.

A TV show would score points in that respect.

21 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

His Dark Materials looks pretty awesome. Already renewed for a 2nd season of 8 episodes even before airing too.

I'm looking forward to this.  I actually liked The Golden Compass (at least some elements of it)  An HBO no holds barred version should be quite interesting.

22 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

His Dark Materials looks pretty awesome. Already renewed for a 2nd season of 8 episodes even before airing too.

55 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm looking forward to this.  I actually liked The Golden Compass (at least some elements of it)  An HBO no holds barred version should be quite interesting.

The Golden Compass sure was a case of wasted potential - the film's producers and directors shied away from the more controversial material by minimizing all direct references to organized religion, and it still angered religious groups.   Hopefully a TV conversion on HBO will enable it to just deliver the original intended message.   

Edited by Broncofan

The Pillars of the Earth 10 episode mini series I thought was fantastic.

Would love to see the 2nd and 3rd books brought to life. 3rd might have been down compared to the other 2. But the aspect of having a character with an "At Sea" story happening like GOT skipped on with Victarion would be amazing.

The story followed in that Uncharted 4 game I was wishing was a series while playing. Pirates building the freehold, top 2 guys start screwing everyone over and then each other.

Im not in to crap like Justice league, Avengers, Star Wars and such.. But Cobra Civil War from the GI JOE series would be cool. Baddies duking it out to be king of the baddies. Its different enough from the generic superhero norm, yet still in the ballpark at the same time.

What I always thought would be perfect for HBO:

*Dune (being made into at least one movie, probably should have been HBO, would have provided some GOT style shocks).
*Jurassic Park - So much was left out of the movie.  There could be an entire season of Hammond building the park, an entire season for the novel, and then disregard or make The Lost World, but you could have multiple seasons after. 
*Remake Harry Potter as JK Rowling had originally written it, not her stupid BS after she wrote it. 
*The Thing.  Don't touch the original, don't even refer to it, just have The Thing hit a camp in Antarctica, then the second season could be it getting to McMurdo.