Sheldon Richardson traded to Seahawks

Forge

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Jets just got rid of one of their very few talented players. Now they have Williams, Wilkerson and.....

Adams

Man the hawks defense just got WAY better. And Richardson will be kept in check with the dogs they have in that locker room. I like the fit. Also week 3 for the titans just got a bit more scary..  Good trade for the seahawks.

And good trade for the Jets. I actually like their plan of tanking. I figure it will take them at least 3 years IF they hit on their picks and are smart in FA to be ready to compete. Think about it. Tom Brady will be what 43? On his way out (or at the very least his play should be declining)  and they will have a nice young talented team ready to try to win the east lol. Not the worst plan ever. 

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The Bills on the other hand MIGHT be tanking.     They werent terrible and had some nice pieces, but the new regime seems like they dont even want to try with the players from the old regime.        

The Jets....I guess it could be argued, but they were going to be a bottom 3 team with or without Richardson.   

It's legit possible that both of these teams lose 14 games. Bills less likely - they'll squeeze an extra win out on the legs of Shady - but you've got to think they're pretty much on the clock at this point.

With as much capital as they have, they can restock quickly, however.

15 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

It's legit possible that both of these teams lose 14 games. Bills less likely - they'll squeeze an extra win out on the legs of Shady - but you've got to think they're pretty much on the clock at this point.

Ill be shocked if they have 10 wins between them.    I have the Jets winning 1 game at this point....but 3 games does seem more likely.   

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Adams

Man the hawks defense just got WAY better. And Richardson will be kept in check with the dogs they have in that locker room. I like the fit. Also week 3 for the titans just got a bit more scary..  Good trade for the seahawks.

And good trade for the Jets. I actually like their plan of tanking. I figure it will take them at least 3 years IF they hit on their picks and are smart in FA to be ready to compete. Think about it. Tom Brady will be what 43? On his way out (or at the very least his play should be declining)  and they will have a nice young talented team ready to try to win the east lol. Not the worst plan ever. 

Sorry, but we don't know that yet. I'll never class a Rookie as talent until he proves it :ph34r:

Can't even say the Jets are tanking AFTER this move, they been tanking since last season ended. Richardson has been on the block for almost two years now, Cowboys and Raiders just refused to give up fair compensation. It will be a late second round pick when it's all said and done, but the Jets are destroying everything to rebuild the team.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

It will be funny if, after all of this, the Jets still somehow luck into 6-7 wins.

If this was Rex Ryan's Jets, they'd somehow manage that. They'd sweep us, knock off an NFC big boy, and wind up with something like the 8th pick. Where they would pick a safety who's off the team within 3 years. 

Not only is this a great trade for the Seahawks, this is a great trade for Sheldon Richardson himself.  If anyone needed a change of scenery from the Jets, it was almost assuredly him.  Now after going from the worst team in the league to a team that's been penciled in by the majority of people as a division winner with a stout defensive line for him to play on, you better believe Richardson's gonna be motivated 

10 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Are the Bills really expected to be that bad?

Archived