Who's your 2019 Breakout Player

14 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Jamal Agnew’s stats suddenly get erased?

Davis- 24 returns, 289 yds, 0 TDs, 12.0 avg

Agnew- 29 returns, 447 yds, 2 TDs, 15.4 avg

Also, PFF had HaHa as the best safety in the NFL for awhile last season so...

Agnew is damn good, but he had two muffs, Davis 0.

There's also 10 other players on a punt return.  If anybody can do the mental gymnastics required to convince themselves that the Lions didn't have better special teams than the Packers, they deserve a gold medal. 

Davis is a really good punt returner and there's this BS stigma of him being unreliable and muffing punts when that literally couldn't be further from the truth.  He has never muffed a punt in his career, and the one that will be falsely attributed to him came against the Falcons.  It was a fair catch, and the punt returner is allowed to bobble the ball ten thousand times if he wants, so long as he's not trying to advance it, without interference.  That's literally what a fair catch is.  On that play, the refs clearly didn't understand the rules of football because it bounced up and out of his hands, he was clearly going to be capable of catching it, but he was interfered with.  The ball was given to the Falcons when by literally every rule in the NFL, we should have not only maintained possession, but we should have been given a fair catch interference penalty. 

My mistake, it was against the Titans. 

https://www.titansonline.com/video/trevor-davis-muffs-punt-titans-recover-18069309

Until that ball hits the ground, Davis, by rule, could not be touched. 

Edited by Outpost31

7 hours ago, Joe said:

Davis will need to light it up in TC in order for me to buy in. Forget his stats, he's just so mechanical and stiff in his routes and he's really more of a straightline speed guy. Then you're talking about some of the stuff he's done off-the-field. I've soured on him.

Dont get me wrong - you're free to sour on any player you choose - but what off the field stuff you referring to? The dumb comment (read: joke) made at the airport? I'm not aware of anything else, so I'm asking if there was more.

15 hours ago, Leader said:

Dont get me wrong - you're free to sour on any player you choose - but what off the field stuff you referring to? The dumb comment (read: joke) made at the airport? I'm not aware of anything else, so I'm asking if there was more.

mainly that. There were some other maturity concerns that have come up in previous camps. My main issue is that he's not a fluid athlete.

15 hours ago, Leader said:

You think bombing of Hawai'i is a joke?  Hirohito approves, but my good friend Douglas MacArthur would like to have a word with you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You think bombing of Hawai'i is a joke?  Hirohito approves, but my good friend Douglas MacArthur would like to have a word with you.

He made a bad, ill considered joke ("Did you pack the explosives?") at the counters of Hawaiian Airlines at LAX. It was a decidedly stupid thing to do but nothing malevolent or diabolical.

He was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of making a bomb threat, booked into a Los Angeles jail and released within the hour on $15,000 bail.

Thats it. He screwed up. He was stupid. Whatever became of the charge - I've no idea or interest to know because it has no bearing on his performance on the field.

Meh. A whole lot of nothing.

If the authorities hadn't had their sense of humour entirely removed, they could simply have looked at his baggage (to ensure it was the joke it seemed) and then got on with life. Instead it is an arrest and jail (albeit for a short time).

Pathetic over-reaction by jobsworths who get their jollies by excessive use of their powers to make things as awkward as possible for the guy.  I wouldn't even call what he did a screwup, despite the results not being good. Now if you had packed a gun in your luggage (remember Dallas coach Switzer, a while back ?)  now THAT deserved something harsher.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

He made a bad, ill considered joke ("Did you pack the explosives?") at the counters of Hawaiian Airlines at LAX. It was a decidedly stupid thing to do but nothing malevolent or diabolical.

He was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of making a bomb threat, booked into a Los Angeles jail and released within the hour on $15,000 bail.

Thats it. He screwed up. He was stupid. Whatever became of the charge - I've no idea or interest to know because it has no bearing on his performance on the field.

That's not what he said. I love social media, you can find out a lot. He made a comment to his girlfriend something along the lines that they were lucky they didn't pack the explosives. The agent overheard him, but didn't hear him clearly, and thought he said something else.

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Meh. A whole lot of nothing.

If the authorities hadn't had their sense of humour entirely removed, they could simply have looked at his baggage (to ensure it was the joke it seemed) and then got on with life. Instead it is an arrest and jail (albeit for a short time).

Pathetic over-reaction by jobsworths who get their jollies by excessive use of their powers to make things as awkward as possible for the guy.  I wouldn't even call what he did a screwup, despite the results not being good. Now if you had packed a gun in your luggage (remember Dallas coach Switzer, a while back ?)  now THAT deserved something harsher.

Social media can reveal a lot of mysteries that the press is too lazy to find out. I had to do a lot of rooting around, but this is what happened. It turns out the baggage agent overheard and misheard a comment that Davis made privately to his girlfriend, the agent called in the authorities, and they were going to let him go until they found out he was in the NFL, then they decided to make an example out of him, because they wanted the publicity that arresting an NFL player would bring. If he was an average Joe, nothing would have happened, because he did nothing wrong. He wasn't even arrested or booked, or jailed, he made the next plane out.

You're exactly right 1265, poor kid got railroaded.

57 minutes ago, firstdown said:

Social media can reveal a lot of mysteries that the press is too lazy to find out.

How about former Packer ILB, Anthony Morrison ?
He got kicked off a plane and was cited for his actions

"One week before Morrison was cut by the Packers, the veteran linebacker was cited for interfering with a flight from Milwaukee from Las Vegas. Michael Cohen of The Athletic obtained documents from the incident and it said the flight attendant questioned passengers about the placement of a bag under a vacant seat. Morrison acknowledged it was his bag and the reason he did it was the fact someone placed a bag under his set. However, Morrison did not admit to it at first. 

“F–k you,” Morrison allegedly said . “You don’t own this plane. I can do whatever I want.”

The pilot took the plane back to the airport gate and Morrison then had to speak to a Deputy Sheriff. "

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Antonio-Morrison-removed-from-flight-before-cut-by-Packers--130780348/

Anyone making any references to explosives or any other weapons in an airport in a post 9/11 world even as a joke is asking for trouble.  This is an example of when common sense should override one’s lousy sense of humor.  

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

How about former Packer ILB, Anthony Morrison ?
He got kicked off a plane and was cited for his actions

"One week before Morrison was cut by the Packers, the veteran linebacker was cited for interfering with a flight from Milwaukee from Las Vegas. Michael Cohen of The Athletic obtained documents from the incident and it said the flight attendant questioned passengers about the placement of a bag under a vacant seat. Morrison acknowledged it was his bag and the reason he did it was the fact someone placed a bag under his set. However, Morrison did not admit to it at first. 

“F–k you,” Morrison allegedly said . “You don’t own this plane. I can do whatever I want.”

The pilot took the plane back to the airport gate and Morrison then had to speak to a Deputy Sheriff. "

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Antonio-Morrison-removed-from-flight-before-cut-by-Packers--130780348/

Lmfao

16 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Anyone making any references to explosives or any other weapons in an airport in a post 9/11 world even as a joke is asking for trouble.  This is an example of when common sense should override one’s lousy sense of humor.  

The commonsense needs to be on the other foot.