Who's your 2019 Breakout Player

13 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Rodgers on Tonyan via Zach Kruse:

"He's just so versatile. He's doing a better job at the point of attack blocking. We're not asking the off-the-ball TE to do a ton of point-of-attack stuff, it's a lot of movement stuff, and he's great at that. Very natural receiver."

My boy!!!  :)

He keeps it up and I may need to go buy my first Packer jersey since #4.

On 7/31/2019 at 5:01 PM, Kepler said:

Okay I'm allowed 5. Just gotta tear this breathalyzer out of my car so I can get more.

That is why you take a child along with you.  If they are under the age of 7 they won't drink enough to pop the brethalyzer and they can be bribed with candy.

• Like 2

One of the ways you can tell the difference between BS coach speak and information that’s actually valuable is if it’s volunteered or if someone asked first. If someone asks they always say good things so it’s often times BS and I disregard. This years improved players based on volunteered information

Blake/Alexander/Montravius/MVS/Aaron Jones/EQ/Trevor Davis/Allison

I do legit expect bigger things from these guys based on discernment of information gathered throughout the offseason. Preseason games and more interviews will bring additional information. 

23 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Rodgers on Tonyan via Zach Kruse:

"He's just so versatile. He's doing a better job at the point of attack blocking. We're not asking the off-the-ball TE to do a ton of point-of-attack stuff, it's a lot of movement stuff, and he's great at that. Very natural receiver."

I agree with Vegas, those are some REALLY encouraging comments.  

More on Tonyan, from OC Hackett
via PackersWire

“Tonyan’s done a really nice job. He’s always been pretty good in the pass game. One thing that coach (Justin) Outten has done a great job with him, and they’ve worked great together, is learning and embracing the run game,” offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett said earlier this week. “When you have a guy that’s a pass threat down the field and he has the ability to run block, that stock really helps that guy. I think that’s something that Bobby’s done a nice job with, and he’s going to continue to get better.”

" Graham gives the Packers a veteran starter, and Lewis is the ideal blocking tight end, but Tonyan could provide the position group with the athletic, matchup-busting receiver LaFleur’s scheme may need to operate at full capacity."

On 8/2/2019 at 8:51 PM, incognito_man said:

You on the Tonyan wagon too? ;)

I've been on that wagon since he snagged a 5 yard curl that was overthrow last pre-season!

Been saying it a while...he's a converted QB, so I think he has the mind to read a defense.  He's got he athletic ability as evidenced by his pro day.  He's got size.  He's got hands.  He needs to learn the position and grow into it.  By all accounts he thicker this year.  

I think he's gonna be a Jimmy Graham type TE before it is all said and done.  More of a WR than a true in-line tight end.  But I hope that he becomes a better blocker.

It seems like we've always got a project at TE that we are grooming and they don't work out.  This kid, though, appears to have that skillset AND a brain to go along with it.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2019 at 11:07 PM, Shanedorf said:

More on Tonyan, from OC Hackett
via PackersWire

“Tonyan’s done a really nice job. He’s always been pretty good in the pass game. One thing that coach (Justin) Outten has done a great job with him, and they’ve worked great together, is learning and embracing the run game,” offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett said earlier this week. “When you have a guy that’s a pass threat down the field and he has the ability to run block, that stock really helps that guy. I think that’s something that Bobby’s done a nice job with, and he’s going to continue to get better.”

" Graham gives the Packers a veteran starter, and Lewis is the ideal blocking tight end, but Tonyan could provide the position group with the athletic, matchup-busting receiver LaFleur’s scheme may need to operate at full capacity."

Gave me the shivers!!!  :x

• 2 weeks later...

More on Robert Tonyan:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/14/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-sees-big-things-in-robert-tonyans-future/

And although both Jimmy Graham and Marcedes Lewis have been crucial for his development as an all-around tight end, his biggest fan in Green Bay might be Rodgers.

“Last year, he was the fourth guy to start the season, not talent-wise,” Rodgers said. “The guy is super talented. He has incredible hands. I think he has a very bright future in this league. He’s got a great room. Bobby can be a move guy, a fullback, H-back type guy, and give us a lot of flexibility. It’s been fun watching him because he does everything the right way. You can’t help but pull for guys like that.”

“There’s never a question about your dedication to what you’re doing, and that was Robert from Day 1,” Rodgers said. “And then, when he got opportunities, it’s like, ‘Hey, who’s that dude running down the middle on scout team making plays?’ And it was every single day he’d make one or two plays, and we’re all talking about him.”

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...