Who's your 2019 Breakout Player

2 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

He didn't, it was downgraded to 4.56, and I strongly disagree. His change of direction is going a little bit but I didn't see anywhere on film where it looked like he couldn't run. People say he looked slow because they expected him to look slow, and you rarely see DBs on the TV copy so it's easy to believe whatever you want. 

Didn't know it was downgraded - and I'll agree that 4.56 isn't fast by any stretch - but is it "slow"? 

As far as Tramon goes, are you watching All-22 then to make that judgement? It sure seemed to me like younger receivers were having their way with Williams, but I guess I was watching the TV copy. 

11 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Didn't know it was downgraded - and I'll agree that 4.56 isn't fast by any stretch - but is it "slow"? 

Apparently the average 40 time of a cornerback at the combine is 4.47. 

Anything sub 4.4 is universally considered fast so if you use the same variant anything over 4.55 should be considered slow IMO.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Never believe training camp reports.

Yea, there are tons of times players speak positively towards one another. That doesn’t always end up translating into what fans think it does. 

And unless I am mistaken, a lot of comments are vague. Even if they think he will become great at some point, it doesn’t mean they think he will be great in Year 1, or Week 1. 

48 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

As far as Tramon goes, are you watching All-22 then to make that judgement? It sure seemed to me like younger receivers were having their way with Williams, but I guess I was watching the TV copy. 

Yeah, I try to make my way through the All-22 for every game sometime before the next season.  Honestly I don't usually make it, but it's just for fun anyway so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  Williams still runs fine to my eyes, but his reaction time and ability to stop and go is noticeably slower than it was when he was younger.  That's the reason Diggs eats him up like he does, he's just too sudden and Williams can't play that game any more.  I imagine watching him try to cover Davante would be stomach churning to watch.  Still though, he's at worst the 3rd best cover guy on the team right now, and would be on a lot of teams in the league.

21 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

3 CBs, aren't your best 3 today Alexander/King/Williams?

That's assuming you don't see Tramon starting at FS

Tramon's starting at FS IMHO if he isn't in some sort of hybrid role.

My starting D today would be something like

Amos                                       Savage

King                            Tramon                                      Martinez                                                                            Alexander 

Zaddy-Daniels-Clark-Lowry-Smith

Travelling CB's and probably Jackson for a 3T if you want to start a bit lighter.

Just putting it all down in writing makes me pretty concerned about the CB room. Having Bashaud over the rookie would've made me a lot happier.

So I'm REALLY hoping one of the breakout players is a depth DB.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

My starting D today would be something like

Amos                                       Savage

King                            Tramon                                      Martinez                                                                            Alexander 

Zaddy-Daniels-Clark-Lowry-Smith

Travelling CB's and probably Jackson for a 3T if you want to start a bit lighter.

Just putting it all down in writing makes me pretty concerned about the CB room. Having Bashaud over the rookie would've made me a lot happier.

So I'm REALLY hoping one of the breakout players is a depth DB.

Interesting putting Alexander and Tramon at linebacker.  Would be tough For faster backs to run against.  Don’t like Martinez at corner though.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

My starting D today would be something like.....

Just putting it all down in writing makes me pretty concerned about the CB room. ....So I'm REALLY hoping one of the breakout players is a depth DB.

I completely agree with your projected nickel-base personnel.  

And I completely agree with your thoughts about the secondary.  So much hoping that some bodies (plural, l hope) step up at both corner, and at safety.  

The defense could be really good, but the secondary seems only an injury or two away (pretty much inevitable, right?) from perhaps being really vulnerable.  

Jackson, Brown, Raven, KaDar, Raven, Jones, Jamerson, we so need some of those guys to emerge as quality, trustworthy, at least anti-awful guys.