Who's your 2019 Breakout Player

3 hours ago, boratt said:

I saw an interview where MVS is still working with Randy Moss this offseason. Excited to hear about the young guys really honing in on their craft!

Do you think Moss is charging MVS for this? Do players actually do that?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Do you think Moss is charging MVS for this? Do players actually do that?

I think so, yeah. Moss is really smart. He’s more than just a fast guy. He has a lot to teach. And he seems like he likes being around the young guys. I’ll bet he’s worth it. 

On a side note, they have very similar builds. Eerily similar.

Edited by boratt

7 hours ago, boratt said:

I think so, yeah. Moss is really smart. (I'd challenge the "really" part of that sentence.  And add he's lacked a lot of common sense in the past.  Does seem to have matured well, though.)   He’s more than just a fast guy. (I'd challenge this, too.  His game was the vertical route.)  He has a lot to teach. (I think he can teach a lot about how to stay in tip top shape.  Unsure about how much he could really teach about running routes.)  And he seems like he likes being around the young guys.(Year 2 with MVS, so yah, I think he likes to stay involved.)   I’ll bet he’s worth it. (very much dependent on cost) 

On a side note, they have very similar builds. Eerily similar. (I'd like to see them race for 50 yards.  My guess is that Randy isn't too far behind MVS, bet he still has some amazing wheels.)

Seems like I may be picking on your post for being optimistic about Moss.  I"m really not.  MVS will get route running training from actual coaches.  If Randy can just help him set up speed routes and keep him in shape, all is good.

Just gonna play the devils advocate and mention that Moss also trained with Terelle Pryor. Obviously MVS is a much better receiver and has a higher ceiling but just because Moss is involved doesnt mean MVS is suddenly gonna turn into some top flight WR. 

That being said, MVS is my breakout player for 2019.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, boratt said:

I think so, yeah. Moss is really smart. He’s more than just a fast guy. He has a lot to teach. And he seems like he likes being around the young guys. I’ll bet he’s worth it. On a side note, they have very similar builds. Eerily similar.

I was just wondering if players actually charge out to train others. Over time, I've heard plenty of this guy training with that guy - but I've never heard if it was for cash....or had become something of a cottage industry for retired players. Wouldnt surprise me - I mean a personal trainer to help people lose weight sends you an invoice - I've just never heard of it on these player training sessions.

2 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Just gonna play the devils advocate and mention that Moss also trained with Terelle Pryor. Obviously MVS is a much better receiver and has a higher ceiling but just because Moss is involved doesnt mean MVS is suddenly gonna turn into some top flight WR. 

That being said, MVS is my breakout player for 2019.

A lot easier for MVS to emulate Moss game than Pryor, but I see the statement.

• Like 1

Training with Moss is a nice sign for where MVS's head is at, nothing more.  You like to see this from your young guys because it means they're self-directed and putting in effort to improve.  He may also pick up a few small tricks that can be useful, but at the end of the day Moss isn't going to produce better training or be the catalyst for some massive improvement unless the Packers' WR coach is absolute trash.  What he can pick up is what Moss found useful in his own experience, and then translate that to a better understanding of what to focus his own training on.

• Like 2