Who's your 2019 Breakout Player

14 hours ago, deathstar said:

I understand that, but if the best coach in the game - who's a bit more than just a defensive coach - is complimenting you then you're doing something right.

Something right. yes.  Randy had eyes for deep angles because he had the wheels to get deep.  Very much agree that he brought something to that offense.

Had a great three years and was promptly shipped out in year 4.  So obviously he wasn't doing everything right.

Randy was so much more than just fast.  He had excellent length, could play the ball as high as he felt like, could run like the wind, and had absolutely unreal hands.  He also ran short stuff a lot more than people realize; there's lots of talk about his deep routes but his red zone game was equally disgusting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfRAcckQz2s&feature=youtu.be&t=180

I'm not going to get into character discussions because a lot of that is he said she said, but his on field performance he was absolutely one of the greatest ever in many more ways than one.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 11:35 AM, boratt said:

Imagine if that guy had his head on straight. That 40 yard dash he ran in that video, i believe he was 4.2. Damn, that was quick. 

For most of his career, I think Randy was as fast as he wanted to be.

Very much wish I could see Prime Randy run against Prime Tyreke Hill.

And with Randy, it wasn't just the straight speed, it was the acceleration on top of it.  

Random rant....

It's so cute when fans talk ish about player's work ethic as if we don't all have days at work where we aren't feeling it/half ***/don't care/make stupid mistakes/just straight up aren't good. 

I'm really good at what I do and I have one or two a week.

He'll 75% of the people talking ish about players being lazy and not giving it their all are doing it from work.

• Like 3

On defense I want it to be Adams to really make that dline something special. Otherwise I am hoping for J Jackson and O Burks. If those three step up this defense can be really special and probably unsignable in the future lol.

On offense, I would definitely hope for a full year of healthy out of A Jones and see if Moore can put it together with the new scheme. I think the read and react tree he had in with MM had him thinking and not playing the whole year. He looked lost, hesitant, slow and messed with his concentration IMO.