Who's your 2019 Breakout Player

also from pff

In regards to 2018, while using the same threshold of 125 defensive run snaps, Lancaster had the the 4th highest run-stop % in the league.
Damon Harrison's combined snaps with NYG and DET led the league at 16.0%

Per Football Outsiders -  Lancaster played 271 snaps on defense in his rookie season

Edited by Shanedorf

I honestly think we have 3 WR's from the 2018 draft who are going to be good to very good players in the NFL. I love the trio of MVS, EQSB and J'Mon but I cannot just choose one in particular who I think will completely break out this year. They all have some serious potential and one of the best to ever do it throwing them the ball, it's going to be fun as hell to watch!

16 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

I honestly think we have 3 WR's from the 2018 draft who are going to be good to very good players in the NFL. I love the trio of MVS, EQSB and J'Mon but I cannot just choose one in particular who I think will completely break out this year. They all have some serious potential and one of the best to ever do it throwing them the ball, it's going to be fun as hell to watch!

Back when they were drafted a guy from Great Blue North Draft Report said that MVS would break out first and J'Mon last, with J'Mon having the highest ceiling.

The first part has been proven to be correct, and the second part is still wait and see, with the giddy possibility that they all are pretty good #2 receivers eventually.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Back when they were drafted a guy from Great Blue North Draft Report said that MVS would break out first and J'Mon last, with J'Mon having the highest ceiling.

The first part has been proven to be correct, and the second part is still wait and see, with the giddy possibility that they all are pretty good #2 receivers eventually.

Far too early to be certain, but personally, I don't think you'll see much from J'Mon in year 2. He'll likely make the team but probably, absent injury, will be the guy who's inactive pretty much every week. With the new system, I'll think he'll still go through a lot of growing pains and still look like a rookie at times. Plus there's the numbers game. Right now, hard to argue that J'Mon at best is No. 6 on the depth chart behind Adams, MVS, Allison, St. Brown and Kumerow. You can already see it early in OTAs with Kumerow running with the 1s in place of Adams at times while Moore is on the scout team. I'm not expecting that to change in training camp. Kumerow is well ahead of J'Mon right now as is MVS and St. Brown, behind the two vets Adams/Allison.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Far too early to be certain, but personally, I don't think you'll see much from J'Mon in year 2. He'll likely make the team but probably, absent injury, will be the guy who's inactive pretty much every week. With the new system, I'll think he'll still go through a lot of growing pains and still look like a rookie at times. Plus there's the numbers game. Right now, hard to argue that J'Mon at best is No. 6 on the depth chart behind Adams, MVS, Allison, St. Brown and Kumerow. You can already see it early in OTAs with Kumerow running with the 1s in place of Adams at times while Moore is on the scout team. I'm not expecting that to change in training camp. Kumerow is well ahead of J'Mon right now as is MVS and St. Brown, behind the two vets Adams/Allison.

I don't see Moore making the roster this coming season if he doesn't beat out Kumerow.  

11 minutes ago, SSG said:

I don't see Moore making the roster this coming season if he doesn't beat out Kumerow.  

This is such a bad take. 

The Packers won't cut Moore in his second season. You don't cut players with that level ability on a rookie contract. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

I bet David clowney thought the same thing 

Moore ain't David Clowney. 

2 for the price of 1 on bad takes here. 

Did everyone forget how much praise Moore was receiving early last year? 

He has the highest ceiling of any of the 2nd year WRs. No clue if he'll ever get close to that ceiling, but if he fails it certainly won't be for lack of ability. 

24 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

I bet David clowney thought the same thing 

I mean they're not even remote

Just now, Cadmus said:

Moore ain't David Clowney. 

2 for the price of 1 on bad takes here. 

Did everyone forget how much praise Moore was receiving early last year? 

He has the highest ceiling of any of the 2nd year WRs. No clue if he'll ever get close to that ceiling, but if he fails it certainly won't be for lack of ability. 

Yeah, Clowney wasn't half the athlete Moore is and didn't produce anywhere close to the same level in college. Moore had more TDs in each of his last two seasons than Clowney had in his college career, to go with nearly twice the receiving yards for their careers. 

You can count the number of 6'3" receivers in the league with Moore's movement ability on one hand. 

On 5/16/2019 at 11:29 AM, boratt said:

Jimmy Graham. If healthy, he’s got one more big year in him.

I’m excited about my pick. Some good stuff coming out. I watched him run when heathy. I know he has one more good one in him. Plus, I know what its like to be 33 years old. If you do everything right, can still be a beast. And I’m sure his blocking has gotten better over the years. I get better at everything over the years. 

I originally said Aaron Rodgers but because someone made an Oren Burks post im going him. No other reason and no sound logic behind it so dont argue me on it because ill just tell you that he looks better then you in shorts. Have a good day.