Who's your 2019 Breakout Player

Vegas492's breakout player, Robert Tonyan via PackersWire

"Tonyan’s size, speed and flashes of receiving ability could make him a potential weapon in the passing game in 2019 and beyond. Learning how to do everything asked of a tight end is the next step "

“It’s going to be a rep thing with him,” Outten said. “Obviously, he’s still learning the tight end position as far of putting your hand in the ground and the run game part of it. The great thing about him is he’s so eager and willing and asks questions all the time and wants to be good at it. If you’re willing and able, you have a chance. He’s been really, really good at watching video and understanding the practice notes I’m sending him and asking questions.”

Tonyan spent the offseason working out with Pro Bowl tight end George Kittle, gaining size and advancing his education in the workings of the position.
Classes continued in Green Bay during the offseason workout program.

usatsi_11918696-e1551489993317.jpg?w=100

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Joe said:

that's another issue he has.

Anyone remember Ramses Barden? I read this post and immediately think Ramses Barden...

Ramses Barden was built like Robert Tonyan or Michael Clark.

Barden:  6'6 227

Tonyan:  6'5 237

Clark:  6'6 217

Moore is a different kind of player.  And I can't speak for Barden's drops, but Moore's are not because of the hands.  Moore's issues are effort/concentration related.  He had the same problem with drops in college, but fixed the issue.  The problem is remedied by Moore putting in the effort he needs to, he would do well to take a page from MVS or EQ in that regard.

On 6/8/2019 at 6:29 AM, Shanedorf said:

"Tonyan’s size, speed and flashes of receiving ability could make him a potential weapon in the passing game in 2019 and beyond. Learning how to do everything asked of a tight end is the next step "

“It’s going to be a rep thing with him,” Outten said. “Obviously, he’s still learning the tight end position as far of putting your hand in the ground and the run game part of it. The great thing about him is he’s so eager and willing and asks questions all the time and wants to be good at it. If you’re willing and able, you have a chance. He’s been really, really good at watching video and understanding the practice notes I’m sending him and asking questions.”

Tonyan spent the offseason working out with Pro Bowl tight end George Kittle, gaining size and advancing his education in the workings of the position.

I seriously can't get enough Tonyan news.  I think he's the best developmental TE we've had in a while.  Size, speed, hands...and I think he has the brain.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:49 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

Ramses Barden was built like Robert Tonyan or Michael Clark.

Barden:  6'6 227

Tonyan:  6'5 237

Clark:  6'6 217

Moore is a different kind of player.  And I can't speak for Barden's drops, but Moore's are not because of the hands.  Moore's issues are effort/concentration related.  He had the same problem with drops in college, but fixed the issue.  The problem is remedied by Moore putting in the effort he needs to, he would do well to take a page from MVS or EQ in that regard.

except Tonyan's a TE. I get the argument, but I'm speaking to the general inconsistency Moore has shown thus far.

We won't have any real idea what kind of player Moore is going to be until the pads go on in July.  Of course that's true of basically everybody on the team to a certain extent, but Moore in particular is a player with so much potential variance it seems kind of pointless to discuss him like this.  He needed a lot of growth, but it's relatively routine growth to a point and you should be able to have decent confidence he can learn a lot of the basics he was missing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 1:06 PM, Joe said:

that's another issue he has.

Anyone remember Ramses Barden? I read this post and immediately think Ramses Barden...

He's clearly faster and more athletic than Barden was IMO. I'm not going to look up the numbers but I liked Barden a bunch and that feels pretty clear to me. I didn't even know anyone had an issue with his athleticism until whoever brought it up before you, lol

51 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’d love it if it was Trevor Davis.  All the crap I’ve received over defending him on this site... You’d never hear the end of it if he had like 500 receiving yards this year and three big plays.

Thing about Trevor Davis is you have to trust that Aaron Rodgers will trust Trevor Davis. 

14 hours ago, Norm said:

He's clearly faster and more athletic than Barden was IMO. I'm not going to look up the numbers but I liked Barden a bunch and that feels pretty clear to me. I didn't even know anyone had an issue with his athleticism until whoever brought it up before you, lol

It's not so much his athleticism as it is his route running and development as a receiver.

I'm going off of the comments in the link below.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/j'mon-moore?id=32194d4f-4f43-0639-5da2-4b37b85099d0

On 6/8/2019 at 6:29 AM, Shanedorf said:

That's my boss's nephew or maybe his cousin.  I forget.  I don't like Packers, but I hope he does well.

Packer's have two area (my area) kids on team in Tonyan and Bulaga.

25 minutes ago, Joe said:

It's not so much his athleticism as it is his route running and development as a receiver.

I'm going off of the comments in the link below.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/j'mon-moore?id=32194d4f-4f43-0639-5da2-4b37b85099d0

Awww, like what barden needed to improve is very similar. I got sidetracked with the comments about how athleticism and everything and didn't think past that

On 6/20/2019 at 11:02 PM, Outpost31 said:

I’d love it if it was Trevor Davis.  All the crap I’ve received over defending him on this site... You’d never hear the end of it if he had like 500 receiving yards this year and three big plays.

That would qualify him as a 'break out player?' Can you set the bar any lower for the break out player you are choosing?