Cardinals corner Patrick Peterson suspended 6 games

49erurtaza

People here estimate what this supplant cost peterson this year for the 6 games, but what about after that? He would have been better off just not playing as well, blaming that on other issues, athletes are good with making excuses, say it's personal, injury or event he losing atmosphere, I am sure there are other suggestions too. 

People on the steelers forum wanted to trade for Peterson , but I doubt it happens now or next year.  

35 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

PFT reporting that PEDerson wanted the Cards to re-do his deal so the suspension wouldn;t hit his wallet as hard as it will
They demurred, hence his unhappiness. They wouldn't help lessen the $ 3.8 million hair cut he's gonna take for missing 6 games

Before ppl point out that the Patriots did that for Brady the situations weren’t the same.  DeflateGate was complete BS while PP took a PED and tried to cover it up.  Not to mention demanding a trade last season and taking shots at the org on social media.  Low key diva behavior.  

3 hours ago, pwny said:

He was feeling sluggish so he took a banned substance and a masking agent.

ok 

I know the rule posted above but is there a rule that only applies to getting caught with a masking agent cause I thought they treat that as a positive test by itself?

Also I think millionaire athletes are too good at PEDing to get caught so if they get caught its probably something dumb like a supplement or over the counter stuff.

Like a lot of the big scandals are because detective work or someone snitching more than people getting caught by tests. They know how to beat tests. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I know the rule posted above but is there a rule that only applies to getting caught with a masking agent cause I thought they treat that as a positive test by itself?

Step One: The first time a Player violates this Policy by testing positive for a Prohibited Substance; attempting to substitute, dilute or adulterate a specimen; manipulating a test result; or by violation of Section 5, he will be suspended without pay pursuant to the following schedule:

• Positive Test Result for Diuretic or Masking Agent -- two regular and/or postseason games.
  • Positive Test Result for Stimulant or Anabolic Agent -- four regular and/or postseason games.
  • Positive Test Result for a Prohibited Substance plus a Diuretic or Masking Agent/Attempt to Substitute, Dilute or Adulterate a Specimen/Attempt to Manipulate a Test Result/Violation of Section 5 -- six regular and/or postseason games.

Suspensions will begin when the Player accepts discipline or the decision on appeal becomes final. If fewer than the imposed number of games remains in the season, including any postseason games for which the Club qualifies, the suspension will carry over to the next regular season until the total number of games has been missed.

If the imposition of a suspension occurs prior to or during the preseason, the Player will be permitted to engage in all preseason activities. Upon the posting of final rosters, however, he will be suspended for the imposed number of regular-season games.

In addition, the Player will be subject to evaluation and counseling if, in the opinion of the Independent Administrator, such assistance is warranted.

• Like 1