Trade Ideas

Money

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

If Burns is the last guy on the depth chart and is forced to play, we'd be screwed. But isn't that true for every last guy on the depth chart? At least Artie could turn into something. How many #5 CBs even have that? It is not going to kill us to have Artie on the roster one more year. So fans want us to cut Artie so the FO can admit they made a mistake? They already didn't pick up his option, isn't that an admission of error? 

there is nothing there that I disagree with

On 2019-05-20 at 9:20 AM, wwhickok said:

I guess personally at this point I just feel like Artie Burns being on the roster is a bigger risk then it is a reward. If he has to play and he continues to play poorly we could be losing games that make a difference as to whether or not we make the playoffs. Now we have some new pieces some different pieces on this team so it's fair to say that any one of these guys could cost us a game

this is what I was thinking but for some reason I have more hope for the new players than burns mainly after his terrible 2018 season, I just saw too much that was intolerable, hence the want to move on more than keep. 

On 2019-05-20 at 9:31 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

If Burns is the last guy on the depth chart and is forced to play, we'd be screwed. But isn't that true for every last guy on the depth chart? At least Artie could turn into something. How many #5 CBs even have that? It is not going to kill us to have Artie on the roster one more year. So fans want us to cut Artie so the FO can admit they made a mistake? They already didn't pick up his option, isn't that an admission of error? 

The FO made a mistake, ok, lets move on. Big deal, every FO makes mistakes. The problem is that if he costs the team a game or 2, it makes the idea of keeping him a regret that could have been prevented based on his 2018 season. How do you know burns can turn into something? Maybe he is better than other #5 cbs, maybe he needs a new team and scheme anyways, but wait and see.  I don't know if it will kill the team if he is on the roster, I don't know the inner workings of the team. If many vets disapprove of him, yet he plays and costs the team games, that in itself could cause a divided locker room . If he is a ST ace and has work ethic AND the rest of the team is pulling for him, then that could be an asset so long he is a decent #5 CB if/when he plays. We don't know what is going on there, but I know that I don't think a CB comparable to his 2018 season will help the team on defense and that could be a reason to see him cut/traded.  

Colbert telling the press burns has confidence issues also ruined any trade value he might have had. It could actually affect burns chances to sign with other teams, limiting his options if he is released . What did colbert ever say about jarvis ? I can't remember but I also though Jarvis was the worst RD1 colbert  pick in recent years. 

On 5/21/2019 at 3:10 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Trade @Money to the Browns forum for a used condom and an old Brady Quinn jersey.

Browns are getting murdered in this trade. You have to throw in a conditional 3rd round pick. If he makes more than 50 posts in our forum it can turn into a 2nd rounder. 

• Like 4

Jags Trade: Josh Allen, Jaylen Ramsey, Myles Jack, and Marquise Lee

Steelers trade: BJ Finney

This way the Steelers solidify ILB, EDGE, WR, and CB.  Meanwhile, the Jaguars will bring in competition to right guard A.J. Cann.  I was considering adding someone like Cam Sutton to add to the loss of CB for Jacksonville but then it would be lopsided.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DR43 said:

Jags Trade: Josh Allen, Jaylen Ramsey, Myles Jack, and Marquise Lee

Steelers trade: BJ Finney

This way the Steelers solidify ILB, EDGE, WR, and CB.  Meanwhile, the Jaguars will bring in competition to right guard A.J. Cann.  I was considering adding someone like Cam Sutton to add to the loss of CB for Jacksonville but then it would be lopsided.  

and will you add your avatar to the trade now or wait after camp is overO.o 

You can never unsee Richard Rodgers fumbling the Packers out of the super bowl on the onsides kick.  

I’m for flipping Burns, but I’d probably just prefer the draft pick. 

Whats the status of Colts tightends starting at 3 on the depth chart? One year of Jack Doyle, I don’t hate (provided you can figured out the cap hit). 

Edited by Dcash4