The Batman

Acgott

54 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

While I'm willing to give him a chance, I'm not optimistic.  Not even so much because of RP, but there is just no real reason to be.

Outside of Batman & Robin, they have actually done a really good job with Batman though the decades.

As long as its kept focused on Bruce/The Bat/Gotham I think there is alot to be excited about

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Outside of Batman & Robin, they have actually done a really good job with Batman though the decades.

As long as its kept focused on Bruce/The Bat/Gotham I think there is alot to be excited about

Fair point, but outside of the Nolan trilogy, I'd argue only great Batman movie was Batman '89.   Returns was average and Forever was good for kids but pretty meh in general.

I think these movies could be good, though.  Like I said, just not optimistic.

News articles using a pic of him in twilight is them just baiting whiplash for the decision lol. I’m all for it on the other hand. He’s very talented and will excel if they can get a not sh***y director and writers on it. 

7 hours ago, Tyty said:

News articles using a pic of him in twilight is them just baiting whiplash for the decision lol. I’m all for it on the other hand. He’s very talented and will excel if they can get a not sh***y director and writers on it. 

Matt Reeves has been set as writer/director for a couple years now.

On 5/17/2019 at 10:58 AM, StLunatic88 said:

Its been heavily hinted that Reeves' film will dive more into the Detective aspect of Batman/Wayne which I actually think he could be really good for.

And honestly if he can tap back into some of that awkward Twilight acting when he is Bruce Wayne, i think that would be amazing. Because as Ive gone back and looked at more performances. the best Wayne performances are when he is not comfortable in that 3 piece suit. Keaton/Kilmer/Affleck all feel really uncomfortable in those suits, they look good, but it always feels like that Tie is choking them, and they are itching to get out. Bale was good at it in Begins, but the Bruce/Harvey date scene, he is suddenly WAY TOO comfortable as Wayne (which I know hes trying to show Rachel) 

Is this a real thing that people believe other than you? Not trying to be a jerk although I think it's probably coming across that way. I LOVED Bale and believe he was the best Batman/Bruce Wayne we've ever had.. and I honestly though most people agreed with that.

1 hour ago, braylon said:

Is this a real thing that people believe other than you? Not trying to be a jerk although I think it's probably coming across that way. I LOVED Bale and believe he was the best Batman/Bruce Wayne we've ever had.. and I honestly though most people agreed with that.

Really? I don't think most people think Bale was the best Wayne tbh. Could be wrong. Combining everything, maybe/probably. Wayne himself? No. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Really? I don't think most people think Bale was the best Wayne tbh. Could be wrong. Combining everything, maybe/probably. Wayne himself? No. 

I don't think Bale was the best Batman but his movies were the best movies if that makes any sense. 

• Like 2

Bale was up there as Wayne.  Who was better?   Affleck wasnt bad, but we honestly didnt see much of him as Wayne.  The only other one who has a case is Val Kilmer IMO.  

Sorry to Keaton fanboys, but he was not a good Bruce Wayne.  Maybe the best Batman, but not a good fit for Wayne.

Pattinson has a chance to be a good Bruce and Bats. Not my first choice, but he's shown to be a fantastic actor lately.

Reeves seems to be all in and WB by now seems to have learned their lesson. Aquaman and Shazam seemed to have the right people overseeing them too.

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Bale was up there as Wayne.  Who was better?   Affleck wasnt bad, but we honestly didnt see much of him as Wayne.  The only other one who has a case is Val Kilmer IMO.  

Sorry to Keaton fanboys, but he was not a good Bruce Wayne.  Maybe the best Batman, but not a good fit for Wayne.

I guess it really depends on what you want to see as your Bruce. If you want the suave billionaire playboy that he wants the world to see, with something he is hiding behind the eyes, then sure Bale and Affleck would be at the top of your list. But if thats the case then you should be drooling over Clooney as well. 

But if you subscribe to the premise that "Bruce" is the real mask, that he is never comfortable in his three piece Armani, and always looking for a way to get out of it and into his armor... then Keaton is actually amazing as Wayne. The Armor Gallery scene, dinner scene and even the "Lets Get Nuts" scene are ll portrayals of what he thinks Bruce should be like to the world, because he doesnt actually know how to interact with humans. Kilmer is actually great as Bruce (best live action to me) and Bale has it in Begins, but starts to puff out his chest alittle too much after that. Because remember, he isnt only Batman when he has the cape ans cowl on, he is that with Alfred aswell. Its only when he is out in the world when we actually see Bruce.

The best portrayal of this dichotomy in my eyes, is actually BTAS. He knows how to throw out a one liner at a party to keep the high class of Gotham at bay, but as soon as he has to actually have a meaningful interaction as Bruce, he shrinks into himself (furrowed brow, shoulders hunched, head hanging) because as far as human interaction goes, he has really never evolved from that little boy in the alley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I guess it really depends on what you want to see as your Bruce. If you want the suave billionaire playboy that he wants the world to see, with something he is hiding behind the eyes, then sure Bale and Affleck would be at the top of your list. But if thats the case then you should be drooling over Clooney as well. 

But if you subscribe to the premise that "Bruce" is the real mask, that he is never comfortable in his three piece Armani, and always looking for a way to get out of it and into his armor... then Keaton is actually amazing as Wayne. The Armor Gallery scene, dinner scene and even the "Lets Get Nuts" scene are ll portrayals of what he thinks Bruce should be like to the world, because he doesnt actually know how to interact with humans. Kilmer is actually great as Bruce (best live action to me) and Bale has it in Begins, but starts to puff out his chest alittle too much after that. Because remember, he isnt only Batman when he has the cape ans cowl on, he is that with Alfred aswell. Its only when he is out in the world when we actually see Bruce.

The best portrayal of this dichotomy in my eyes, is actually BTAS. He knows how to throw out a one liner at a party to keep the high class of Gotham at bay, but as soon as he has to actually have a meaningful interaction as Bruce, he shrinks into himself (furrowed brow, shoulders hunched, head hanging) because as far as human interaction goes, he has really never evolved from that little boy in the alley.

Clooney acted the exact same as Batman as he did as Bruce....and there was no acting at all.  It was just Clooney being Clooney.  

The let's get nuts scene was so unlike Bruce.  I guess it's somewhat open to interpretation, but I never bought him as Bruce.   

I agree about Kilmer.  Thought he was underrated in general.  Think he could have been terrific in a better directed movie.

TAS is the gold standard for alot of things, but not sure what you mean in regards to not being able to have meaningful interactions as Bruce.  TAS did the best at showing the 3 sides of him....Public Bruce, Private Bruce and Batman.  Public Bruce never had problems interacting that I recall.

What sucks is I'm really looking forward to this movie if they don't try to cram the crap into it.  By crap, I mean I have a dreadful feeling that if it's a success, they will try to build off of it by making the other crap movies a part of its continuity.  I know they can't really do that considering Batman from everything before Aquaman was older and Ben Affleck, but I'll be pretty bummed if they try to connect Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam and the next Suicide Squad to it.