The Batman

Acgott

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I definitely want this to be pre-Robin, with Pattinson being young enough to where that's a possibility in the future, but it shouldn't be a necessity either.  If they want to work to that, earn it and let it payoff years down the line.

I dont know what you mean by "years down the line" but I would hope that we could be ready to pickup with a mid/late teens Robin in the sequel. Id love to see the young D!ck Grayson in this one, Haly's Circus in Gotham somewhere, dont need to see any of it, but like a big painted mural or poster ad in the background. Maybe the post credit is him being walked up to Wayne Manor with Alfred answering the door?

Or maybe we go with something alittle more obscure, that we have definitely never seen before. Maybe Bruce already has taken him in at the point of this film starting, but has sent him off to Hudson University (or call it Academy to keep him on that younger side) to finish off his Schooling. So D!ck has spent the majority of the last 3/4 years away at The Boarding School, and the end of this film is him riding his motorcycle (nod to Chris O'Donnell haha) back into Wayne Manor, meeting Bruce and Alfred down in the Batcave ready to suit up. This way he was taken in at the 14-15 age, had a taste as the Boy Wonder, Batman decided he needed to grow up a few more years before he felt comfortable enough to bring him into action, and we can jump right into the Duo in the sequel, with D!ck already on the cusp of taking off on his own as Nightwing (that can have his own film to follow up the trilogy)

Pipedreams, I know I know, but with how well received Tom Hollad was, a Robin can work on film these days

Edited by StLunatic88

30 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

They could have it where, in the first movie, D.  Grayson is living with Bruce, but doesn't know he is Batman yet, and maybe in a post credit scene, he finds out....which would set things up for the sequel.

They have always been a little shy about putting an actual youth into the role for Robin in live action. Its never the 11 year old to start

22 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They have always been a little shy about putting an actual youth into the role for Robin in live action. Its never the 11 year old to start

As I was pointing out above, we finally got a believably young Spider-man, and everyone loves him. I feel like going with a 14-15 y/o Robin shouldnt be an issue anymore.

Id rather get the 17-18-19 y/o Robin thought, putting us closer to getting a Nightwing representation

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

As I was pointing out above, we finally got a believably young Spider-man, and everyone loves him. I feel like going with a 14-15 y/o Robin shouldnt be an issue anymore.

Id rather get the 17-18-19 y/o Robin thought, putting us closer to getting a Nightwing representation

14/15 yo spiderman has superpowers.  Robin is just the bait/distraction for the bad guys and has no extra abilities.  Hes just a kid, and Bruce is psychotic letting him fight crime.  Now if they want to play that angle, I'm totally ok with it.  But if you are going to put a kid in the Robin costume, you cant make Bruce out to be world's greatest dad.  

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I agree, but they could have Grayson be 15 in the first movie, and by the next one, he would be 18.  

I never liked the really young Robin.   It never made sense.  For cartoons and comics...fine.  For a semi serious superhero movie?  No.  Bruce/Batman would never partner up with a little kid to fight crime, for a plethora of reasons.  I can suspend my disbelief, but that's just stupid IMO.  

Start him at 15, and after a few years of training and developing physically, then it makes sense.  

To fix the problems that you guys are mentioning with young Robin, you could have Robin acting against orders to stay home. It's an easy fix. You could even have Robin figuring out that Bruce is Batman and coming in swinging on something to take out a bad guy at the right time or saving an innocent bystander by swinging by (use his trapeze experience in some way). It doesn't have to be Bruce just taking this little kid along, but it would make for a reason to have Bruce start training him.

I don't see the first movie having anything aside from a reference to the Flying Graysons or something along those lines at most.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I think a big part of the no kids in live action is not the believability of Batman sticking a 12 y/o out in the field. Its more what audience wants to see a kid get beat up by grown muscly henchmen?  

Either that, or pretend that a little kid can take on a fully grown hardened criminal ala 3 Ninjas.  

On 5/23/2019 at 9:16 PM, BleedTheClock said:

I really miss Christopher Nolan. That dude was so freaking good doing superhero movies. I wish he became the Kevin Feige of the DC universe.

That's just the thing though, he didn't do "superhero movies."  Nolan did Batman movies, but he took villains that were, in almost all cases, superhumanly-powered and made them more realistically (i.e. not "super") powered.  I love Nolan, but I'm fairly confident that a character like Superman (who by his very nature needs to be powerful enough to destroy a city on his own if he ever "lost of control") would have been a struggle for him, because it's concept fights against what's largely been the core themes of almost every Nolan film (and of his writing in general).

On 6/3/2019 at 7:25 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Bale was up there as Wayne.  Who was better?   Affleck wasnt bad, but we honestly didnt see much of him as Wayne.  The only other one who has a case is Val Kilmer IMO.  

Sorry to Keaton fanboys, but he was not a good Bruce Wayne.  Maybe the best Batman, but not a good fit for Wayne.

The best of both, Batman and Bruce, has been and always will be Kevin Conroy.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:31 AM, StLunatic88 said:

I dont know what you mean by "years down the line" but I would hope that we could be ready to pickup with a mid/late teens Robin in the sequel. Id love to see the young D!ck Grayson in this one, Haly's Circus in Gotham somewhere, dont need to see any of it, but like a big painted mural or poster ad in the background. Maybe the post credit is him being walked up to Wayne Manor with Alfred answering the door?

Or maybe we go with something alittle more obscure, that we have definitely never seen before. Maybe Bruce already has taken him in at the point of this film starting, but has sent him off to Hudson University (or call it Academy to keep him on that younger side) to finish off his Schooling. So D!ck has spent the majority of the last 3/4 years away at The Boarding School, and the end of this film is him riding his motorcycle (nod to Chris O'Donnell haha) back into Wayne Manor, meeting Bruce and Alfred down in the Batcave ready to suit up. This way he was taken in at the 14-15 age, had a taste as the Boy Wonder, Batman decided he needed to grow up a few more years before he felt comfortable enough to bring him into action, and we can jump right into the Duo in the sequel, with D!ck already on the cusp of taking off on his own as Nightwing (that can have his own film to follow up the trilogy)

Pipedreams, I know I know, but with how well received Tom Hollad was, a Robin can work on film these days

interesting to pose (especially given how bent some folks have gotten in other threads in this sub with regard to casting deviating from canon resource), but would people make a huge stink if they made D!ck Grayson, say, African American?  It could actually be a quirky way to tie in the eventual transition to Nightwing ("How am I supposed to get any street cred with a name like 'Robin,' Bruce?").  I'm talking actually good casting here, not Jaden Smith just for the sake of casting Will Smith's kid or something.  But you go out and get someone like Stephan James (might be a shade too old, unless they do Grayson in his really late teens/early 20's) or Justice Smith who can actually act.

• Like 1