The Batman

Acgott

11 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

You could say he had the best Batman voice. Need more than that to be the best Batman to me tho, live performance matters.

Um... Conroy acts and it's not just the tone of his voice.  Check the Arkham video games.  He's not just reading a script, he's embodying the character.

11 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Um... Conroy acts and it's not just the tone of his voice.  Check the Arkham video games.  He's not just reading a script, he's embodying the character.

Unless he’s in full Batman suit in a Batman live action movie. It doesn’t count.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

I absolutely love Conroy and largely agree...but we are talking live action Batmans, so he is ruled out.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:09 PM, The LBC said:

interesting to pose (especially given how bent some folks have gotten in other threads in this sub with regard to casting deviating from canon resource), but would people make a huge stink if they made D!ck Grayson, say, African American?  It could actually be a quirky way to tie in the eventual transition to Nightwing ("How am I supposed to get any street cred with a name like 'Robin,' Bruce?").  I'm talking actually good casting here, not Jaden Smith just for the sake of casting Will Smith's kid or something.  But you go out and get someone like Stephan James (might be a shade too old, unless they do Grayson in his really late teens/early 20's) or Justice Smith who can actually act.

I don't see why anybody would be too upset with that. Though the premise of Robin in general has always seemed somewhat stupid to me.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't see why anybody would be too upset with that. Though the premise of Robin in general has always seemed somewhat stupid to me.

It's kind of why I was even floating the idea.  Robin, as originally written by Bob Kane, really doesn't play all that well into the present superhero film.  The quicker they can get from Robin to Nightwing the better, IMO.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

It's kind of why I was even floating the idea.  Robin, as originally written by Bob Kane, really doesn't play all that well into the present superhero film.  The quicker they can get from Robin to Nightwing the better, IMO.

A slow burn over the course of 3 movies I feel like would be best:

First movie have him getting physically ready and basically learning to be a hero in the technical side. Get that hero worship going towards his mentor. Deal with a lack of confidence and have him come through in the end.

Second movie have him facing some of the harder dilemas and acknowledging the fallibility of Batman. Inject some of the teenage rebellion.

Third movie have the uncomfortable split.

Then make a stand alone Nightwing film.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I mean yea, he was introduced in the 40s to bring really little kids to these comic books. Of course that doesnt track anymore.

But Im with you, An altered take on D!ck Grayson would be welcomed. The Circus stuff is a bit outdated, so you could alter that. I think bringing some diversity would help the Bat Family out.

Would like the transition to NightWing to be at the end of the 2nd Film. Get the Night Wing film between #2/#3, and we only have some of him in 3, with the new Robin Jason Todd in there.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean yea, he was introduced in the 40s to bring really little kids to these comic books. Of course that doesnt track anymore.

But Im with you, An altered take on D!ck Grayson would be welcomed. The Circus stuff is a bit outdated, so you could alter that. I think bringing some diversity would help the Bat Family out.

Would like the transition to NightWing to be at the end of the 2nd Film. Get the Night Wing film between #2/#3, and we only have some of him in 3, with the new Robin Jason Todd in there.

Never advocate for Jason Todd. Or Damian Wayne. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Never advocate for Jason Todd. Or Damian Wayne. 

If they were willing to go really dark (which they won't because, like Marvel, they're still going to maintain the appeal for parents to bring their kids to the movies), I wouldn't mind an introduction of Jason Todd, but only if they were willing to fairly quickly go into an updated version of A Death in the Family.  I'd even go so far as to have Joker put up an online poll or something similar (updated version of the 900-number DC put out back in the day letting fans vote on whether Todd should die) and riff something similar to the way the killer in Untraceable operated, such that Todd wouldn't get Joker-gassed unless the poll or number of hits on the stream hit a certain benchmark - so the public (whether they believe it will actually happen or not) ends up as responsible for Robin II's death as Joker is.  It gives Batman a moral conflict as to whether these people are worth protecting.