The Batman

Acgott

2 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

They're doing 3-5 villain for a mystery story so we'll likely see some new guys. 

About time hero movies start doing this. One villain is really boring. I understand two hours isn’t a lot of time to flesh out characters but it’s definitely doable if it’s 3-5 with good writing and 2 1/2 hours. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

About time hero movies start doing this. One villain is really boring. I understand two hours isn’t a lot of time to flesh out characters but it’s definitely doable if it’s 3-5 with good writing and 2 1/2 hours. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a good track record of movies featuring multiple villains. Not saying it can't be done, just that it hasn't been done well so far.

I won't be shocked if a few of the villains are just cameos... villains that Batman interrogates or something like that. I expect it to only feature two villains, maybe three at most.

11 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Unfortunately, there isn't a good track record of movies featuring multiple villains. Not saying it can't be done, just that it hasn't been done well so far.

I won't be shocked if a few of the villains are just cameos... villains that Batman interrogates or something like that. I expect it to only feature two villains, maybe three at most.

Need more superhero TV Shows. Not The Flash or Arrow but HBO style.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

5 villains? What?

Really guys? I feel like we do this every couple of years. Almost all Comic Book movies have multiple/hand full of villains. They arent all going to be the Main antagonist, but plenty relevant to the story. And especially with Batman, we dont really need extensive backstories on most of the people we will see. Just fleshed out motivations 

18 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Really guys? I feel like we do this every couple of years. Almost all Comic Book movies have multiple/hand full of villains. They arent all going to be the Main antagonist, but plenty relevant to the story. And especially with Batman, we dont really need extensive backstories on most of the people we will see. Just fleshed out motivations 

It's supposed to be a "Who Done It?" sort of movie, right? No reason to say a good story involving some lesser known villains mixed in with a few high profile characters with only one being the true antagonist can't be done.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The Dark Knight is littered with Villains.

Joker
Two Face
Scarecrow
Maroni
Lau
Ramirez and Wuertz (dirty cops)
Various gangsters (Chechen, Gambol, Rossi, etc...)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Exactly, one of the reasons TDK is so good. 

Even if we dont want to use arguably the best Comic Book movie of all tie, just take a look at Spider-man Homecoming;

• The Vulture
  • Tinkerer
  • Shocker (Two of them)
  • Prowler
  • Scorpion
  • Flash
  • Group of bank robbers

And he is fighting against Tony Stark the whole way... thats almost double digit antagonist's that Peter/Spidey has to deal with either directly or indirectly all wrapped up in an introduction movie for Peter Parker

It can be done, and done well. The bad ones are ones that just throw in extra people because the studio wants to sell more toys (i.e. Spider-man 3 or Batman & Robin)

Im not sure how you see Jonah Hill, but i dont think "Merch Sales" when I hear hes in a movie.

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Even if we dont want to use arguably the best Comic Book movie of all tie, just take a look at Spider-man Homecoming;

• The Vulture
  • Tinkerer
  • Shocker (Two of them)
  • Prowler
  • Scorpion
  • Flash
  • Group of bank robbers

And he is fighting against Tony Stark the whole way... thats almost double digit antagonist's that Peter/Spidey has to deal with either directly or indirectly all wrapped up in an introduction movie for Peter Parker

It can be done, and done well. The bad ones are ones that just throw in extra people because the studio wants to sell more toys (i.e. Spider-man 3 or Batman & Robin)

Im not sure how you see Jonah Hill, but i dont think "Merch Sales" when I hear hes in a movie.

Homecoming was a mess in general to be honest. It was more of a world tour movie than a Spiderman movie. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Homecoming was a mess in general to be honest. It was more of a world tour movie than a Spiderman movie. 

Im not going to have a debate on the merits of a Spidey movie in a Batman thread, but the point is that overall, Homecoming is highly regarded by most as a pretty good movie.

You may have your issues with it, and were all allowed to, but it handled a large amount of antagonists very well, and never interrupted the journey we are taking with Peter

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im not going to have a debate on the merits of a Spidey movie in a Batman thread, but the point is that overall, Homecoming is highly regarded by most as a pretty good movie.

You may have your issues with it, and were all allowed to, but it handled a large amount of antagonists very well, and never interrupted the journey we are taking with Peter

Whoops thinking of Far From Home. Homecoming was solid.