The Batman

Acgott

2 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Yep

220px-Cosmopolis_Poster.jpggood-time-poster0.jpg?itok=IDM0SPXA320x0w.pngMap-to-the-Stars-box.jpg

and the films he has coming up have high potential to be great

the lighthouse, the king, The Devil All the Time, untitled nolan and now this. all these films are being made by talented director. this dude must have one the best agents in Hollywood lol his work in twilight will be a afterthought if the nolan and batman films end up a hit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

Michael Keaton was the best batman yet, and he was "too small and nerdy" for the part. Afleck has "the right build" and he's terrible. It's all in how they carry it off. 

Everything you said was wrong.

• Like 1

There were worse choices, but only DC fanboys have any interest left in what WB is doing with these characters.  Not to say none of the movies can be good...but they have shat the bed in all but 2 instances.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

There were worse choices, but only DC fanboys have any interest left in what WB is doing with these characters.  Not to say none of the movies can be good...but they have shat the bed in all but 2 instances.

Wonder Woman and Shazam I’m assuming?

Yeah BvS, Justice League, Aquaman, and Suicide Squad I thought were pretty bad. Man of Steel was ok but nothing more than that. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wonder Woman and Shazam I’m assuming?

Yeah BvS, Justice League, Aquaman, and Suicide Squad I thought were pretty bad. Man of Steel was ok but nothing more than that. 

Aquaman and WW.

I liked Aquaman, even with its flaws...plus it was their most successful movie, financially.

Havent seen Shazam...but it wasnt really a success for DC.

Wonder Woman was a success, and a decent movie, but very overrated.  Terrible CGI, and laughable villain (Ares is actually a great villain, but was a joke in the movie).

Man of Steel I liked too...but I consider that a failure because it started the DCU off on a sour note.  As a standalone movie, it was pretty good.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Everything you said was wrong.

Affleck was bad. Keaton was good. Saying that Affleck was preferable is pretty much admitting that you have terrible taste. Which is fine. But you should remember that you have terrible taste before negatively commenting on the respectable taste of fellow posters.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Havent seen Shazam...but it wasnt really a success for DC.

Man of Steel I liked too...but I consider that a failure because it started the DCU off on a sour note.  As a standalone movie, it was pretty good.

Which is really unfortunate. It's my 2nd favorite DCEU movie, though that's because I'm higher on Man of Steel than just about everybody.

Shazam was a fun movie, but it was nothing special.  Wonder Woman is over rated, but i'd still call it slightly above average.  Haven't seen Aquaman yet, but my kids are gung ho on it after seeing Shazam.  I'm almost hesitant to have them watch Man of Steel, BvS, and Justice League since I know that isn't going anywhere.

Honestly, I wish they'd just reboot the DCEU around Pattinson.  Still let WW84 come out but have it disconnected, and then shelve everything else except maybe Birds of Prey since they have already started filming.  They should do an entire Reeves Batman trilogy dropping in hints of things to come and at the end of the trilogy reboot all the JL members and then build the connected universe behind an established Pattinson with much better build up and planning.  They could still do the Flashpoint retcon and then go forward with Pattinson, but it seems so much cleaner to just admit defeat, apologize to the fans, and start over right.

3 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Affleck was bad. Keaton was good. Saying that Affleck was preferable is pretty much admitting that you have terrible taste. Which is fine. But you should remember that you have terrible taste before negatively commenting on the respectable taste of fellow posters.

Hahahaha stop while you’re behind. 

Yes Keaton was good, but it was more about the Mr Mom stuff than his “physical presence” (which is still the weirdest thing to me, Batman doesn’t need to be a Middle Linebacker) 

But Affleck was not the problem in any of those movies. He was a very good Batman, and a half decent Bruce Wayne (the very little we got of that). Honestly with everything we got from WB, I’m convinced that Afflecks Batman movie would have been awesome. They clearly didn’t want some gritty thing that they couldn’t control

• Like 2