The Batman

Acgott

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ive actually seen some people not happy with this casting. Not sure why really, only reason could be because he doesnt fit what they think of as "The Penguin". Which is a dumb reason.

I feel like Farrell could pull this off really well, especially if were getting the slimy gun runner of Gotham, who sees himself as high class. Who wears old slightly tattered suits and runs a Club (Iceberg Lounge) that he wants to be a classy establishment but only attracts the scum and villainy. With the slight accent, and the twitchy mannerisms he is perfect. Id really like to see them work in the glass bottle monocle as something he received from a gun deal gone wrong or even from Batman trying to force info out of him. 

I'm not totally against a revision. But that version of the Penguin was terrible. I am a fan of Ferrell though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm not totally against a revision. But that version of the Penguin was terrible. I am a fan of Ferrell though.

I think that "idea" of Penguin has a ton of potential. And I think someone like Ferrell could pull it of perfectly. I wouldnt want him to stay that way, but in a Zero Year/Year One style of the Penguin it could work. As he establishes himself as a serious Gun Runner, he upgrades his look. And once he does that, and works to become the Top Guy in Gotham, thats when he gets the Lounge as his front.

Him being the guy in the underworld that Batman leans on for Info is how I imagine him in this first film, and as this series continues and his reach in Gotham grows, he becomes more adversarial to Bats when he tries to shut the Smuggling down.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Colin Farrell is underrated. He could absolutely pull off the Penguin. Kind of shocked Serkis wasn't cast as penguin, though.

maybe too old?  Maybe the direction is to use a couple of villains throughout the trilogy, so the villains need to be on the younger side.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, August4th said:

Do you guys want to see the Joker in this trilogy or take a break from him? IDK how they can do 3 Batman films without the Joker tho

I don't think  Joaquin Phoenix Joker will have anything to do with this, but you never know

I’m always up for a joker interpretation if it’s done right. But for this trilogy he should only be a small character.

12 minutes ago, August4th said:

Do you guys want to see the Joker in this trilogy or take a break from him? IDK how they can do 3 Batman films without the Joker tho

I don't think  Joaquin Phoenix Joker will have anything to do with this, but you never know

I dont think they are connected at all.

As far as Joker in general, I wouldnt mind either way.  Batman's rogue gallery is amazing.  Just depends how grounded in reality this one is.  

1 hour ago, August4th said:

If Phoenix is going to do another one, it's going to be with Todd Phillips.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I want to see a connected universe where everything is planned out from the start and we get a good damn DC version of the MCU is what I want.  DC has literally ten thousand times better characters than MCU and I’m sick of it. 

Damn MCU ruining superhero movies for me the same way Mad Max ruined chase scenes for me.  I hate that I’m like this, but I can never go back to unconnected comic movies again.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

There is a myriad of villains i'd like to see prior to another Joker. Deacon Blackfire would be really interesting as an early Batman adversary. Skirt the idea of mysticism but have it crash back down to reality. Make the audience believe that he is immortal. In the comics he baths in the blood of the young to maintain his immortality. Have this be the basis and the detective work Batman needs to do to solve the disappearance of children across the city by Blackfire's cult. Other's we've never seen on the big screen that could be fun would be Professor Pyg, Hugo Strange, KGBeast, and Azrael. Its too bad they are using Black Mask for Harley's flick. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

There is a myriad of villains i'd like to see prior to another Joker. Deacon Blackfire would be really interesting as an early Batman adversary. Skirt the idea of mysticism but have it crash back down to reality. Make the audience believe that he is immortal. In the comics he baths in the blood of the young to maintain his immortality. Have this be the basis and the detective work Batman needs to do to solve the disappearance of children across the city by Blackfire's cult. Other's we've never seen on the big screen that could be fun would be Professor Pyg, Hugo Strange, KGBeast, and Azrael. Its too bad they are using Black Mask for Harley's flick. 

Hugo would be awesome.

Those others might be a little too obscure to be MAIN villains.

13 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Professor Pyg, Hugo Strange, and Black Mask were who I've been wanting to see. Pyg was decently done in Gotham and I think could be a good full length film villain showcasing Batman as the detective. The video game version of Strange would be cool. And Black Mask... If the rumors are true, then the character and McGregor were wasted.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 9:37 PM, Outpost31 said:

I want to see a connected universe where everything is planned out from the start and we get a good damn DC version of the MCU is what I want.  DC has literally ten thousand times better characters than MCU and I’m sick of it. 

Damn MCU ruining superhero movies for me the same way Mad Max ruined chase scenes for me.  I hate that I’m like this, but I can never go back to unconnected comic movies again.

While I agree in theory, although to a much less significant extent, those characters are also much harder to make movies about. 

Superman sucks as a movie character.

The Flash sucks as a movie character. 

I don't think Cyborg has more than 100 issues of him as a solo character. I can't even say he sucks as a movie character because no one has attempted to make a story about him that could be adapted to a movie. 

Wonder Woman doesn't even really have any villains that anybody cares about and we just used our"get out of jail free for fighting nazi's card" last movie. She has no interaction with the world like Ironman or Black Panther to draw a villain from.

Martian Manhunter is a really tough character to make a movie about because his only relevant enemy is white martians, and you need the whole Justice League for that. 

Batman is the only one who is adaptable to a movie and has any decent stories/villains. That's why there's been a billion Batman movies.