The Batman

Acgott

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

That's a fair take.  I just consider penguin a physically weaker character who has to rely on his criminal connections and gadgets to be dangerous.  Maybe some kind of physical defect?  I will struggle with a 6 foot(or whatever he is), physically fit penguin with a jawline.  Just sounds wrong.

Give him a limp, a bad wing (see what I did there) and a bit of a hunch with the nose, and you have someone who doesnt stand a chance in a straight up fight against the Dark Knight.

In all seriousness Ferrell is a reported 3-inches shorter than Pattinson, who will also be in boots, I dont think the physical thing will be a problem. 

But I feel like some of you are making alot of assumptions off of a whole lot of nothing at this point. We havent really seen anything, and really have no clue what this movie is even going to be about. 

And maybe you havent seen the leaked set picture, which could be considered somewhat of a spoiler I guess, but that looks intense, and something that we have never really seen in a Batman movie. 

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont think Keaton looks the part but a whole generation of fans love him. Same with Gal Gadot for a more recent example, wasn't thrilled that she physically fit the part but then she went ahead and killed it. I think an actor can easily overcome that initial perception. 

I was so mad when Heath freaking Ledger was The Joker.

It's dumb to disqualify someone from being a good fit in a role until they're actually in it.

...but for every Heath Ledger performance, there are equally wtf castings that actually do flop. Looking at you, whoever cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

18 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I was so mad when Heath freaking Ledger was The Joker.

It's dumb to disqualify someone from being a good fit in a role until they're actually in it.

...but for every Heath Ledger performance, there are equally wtf castings that actually do flop. Looking at you, whoever cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

I remember defending that casting on this very site back then.  I knew Ledger had the chops to do something special.

The under rated guy nowadays I think we are going to get an all time kind of performance at some point in the future is Nicholas Hoult.

On 3/6/2020 at 7:54 AM, THE DUKE said:

I remember defending that casting on this very site back then.  I knew Ledger had the chops to do something special.

The under rated guy nowadays I think we are going to get an all time kind of performance at some point in the future is Nicholas Hoult.

Considering how weak his contemporaries are, (looking at you Tye Sheridan, and Taron Egerton) it seems like there's certainly a spot for him. 

• 3 months later...

OK, so Ive been thinking about this movie, and just want to throw a question out there...

Now I dont think this is spoiler territory, as this has been described a detective noir style film, and that there is a string of murders, which Batman will be investigating. So my question is a simple one;

Who is the Murderer?

Now, many have started to propose it will be The Riddler, who we know is in the movie. I dont think it will be so straight forward, and Dano's Riddler will be more of a foe to Pattinson's Batman when it comes to figuring out the mystery. Maybe Riddler already knows and is taunting Batman (maybe he has even set up the murders) or he is able to get to these crimes before GCPD and leave taunting riddles.

If the killer is a hired one (by Riddler, or a political/criminal rival), we could end up with any number of the hired guns in Batman's history. Deadshot, Copperhead, Headhunter, Lady Vic, The Blonde... that list goes on and on.

Could we already see some seeds of the League of Assassins again with David Cain or Lady Shiva? Doubt it due to the comparisons it would obviously draw to the Nolan Trilogy. But maybe its the first seeds of The Court of Owls? Any one (or multiple) of their Talons could commit these killings. Would be exciting, but I dont know if they will have enough runway to introduce the Owls, and Joker, and the others we know about in what is thought to be a Trilogy of its own.

Or is it just a stand alone serial killer with a specific vengeance in mind? (Black Spider, Electrocutioner, Firefly or even Flamingo) and just so happen to benefit someone else who Batman first suspects.

If it ends up being a straight up Gun for hire, a twist on Tally Man II would be fun, we never know who he is, but Batman still has to figure out who he is working for. Or a malleable killer like Cypher, who you could make whatever you wanted (spin it to whatever group instead of CEOs). 

But if it was just a straight up crazy killer, either a new twist on Killer Moth, like a Silence of the Lambs inspired psycho. Or Id be really impressed if they somehow pulled off Jane Doe, who is real creepy and would be a great puzzle for Batman to figure out.

My ultimate dream is its a secret adaption of The Long Halloween, and it ends up being Holiday. Unfortunately I dont think even Reeves would be able to convince WB to be that bold

Edited by StLunatic88

53 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

OK, so Ive been thinking about this movie, and just want to throw a question out there...

Now I dont think this is spoiler territory, as this has been described a detective noir style film, and that there is a string of murders, which Batman will be investigating. So my question is a simple one;

Who is the Murderer?

Now, many have started to propose it will be The Riddler, who we know is in the movie. I dont think it will be so straight forward, and Dano's Riddler will be more of a foe to Pattinson's Batman when it comes to figuring out the mystery. Maybe Riddler already knows and is taunting Batman (maybe he has even set up the murders) or he is able to get to these crimes before GCPD and leave taunting riddles.

If the killer is a hired one (by Riddler, or a political/criminal rival), we could end up with any number of the hired guns in Batman's history. Deadshot, Copperhead, Headhunter, Lady Vic, The Blonde... that list goes on and on.

Could we already see some seeds of the League of Assassins again with David Cain or Lady Shiva? Doubt it due to the comparisons it would obviously draw to the Nolan Trilogy. But maybe its the first seeds of The Court of Owls? Any one (or multiple) of their Talons could commit these killings. Would be exciting, but I dont know if they will have enough runway to introduce the Owls, and Joker, and the others we know about in what is thought to be a Trilogy of its own.

Or is it just a stand alone serial killer with a specific vengeance in mind? (Black Spider, Electrocutioner, Firefly or even Flamingo) and just so happen to benefit someone else who Batman first suspects.

If it ends up being a straight up Gun for hire, a twist on Tally Man II would be fun, we never know who he is, but Batman still has to figure out who he is working for. Or a malleable killer like Cypher, who you could make whatever you wanted (spin it to whatever group instead of CEOs). 

But if it was just a straight up crazy killer, either a new twist on Killer Moth, like a Silence of the Lambs inspired psycho. Or Id be really impressed if they somehow pulled off Jane Doe, who is real creepy and would be a great puzzle for Batman to figure out.

My ultimate dream is its a secret adaption of The Long Halloween, and it ends up being Holiday. Unfortunately I dont think even Reeves would be able to convince WB to be that bold

If it's a serial killer route they are going and looking to stay realistic-ish, I could see Zsasz as a real possibility.

46 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

If it's a serial killer route they are going and looking to stay realistic-ish, I could see Zsasz as a real possibility.

Yea, hes definitely a possibility. But with Gotham and BoP, I just find it hard to see him getting another iteration this soon. Especially since he really doesnt have anything special about him. 

And honestly, a straight up serial killer, without anyone pulling strings behind the murders, feels like a very flat story. And Id be pretty disappointed in that. Also should be something Batman, even a young one, should solve that pretty quickly

Edited by StLunatic88

• 2 months later...