The Batman

Acgott

3 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Affleck was bad. Keaton was good. Saying that Affleck was preferable is pretty much admitting that you have terrible taste. Which is fine. But you should remember that you have terrible taste before negatively commenting on the respectable taste of fellow posters.

Haha...okay big guy.  If thumping your chest in a debate over something so trivial gets your rocks off...power to ya.

Not saying one is better than the other, but saying Affleck is terrible makes you look even worse.   

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Which is really unfortunate. It's my 2nd favorite DCEU movie, though that's because I'm higher on Man of Steel than just about everybody.

What dragged MoS down is terrible dialogue and it was little too serious for a Superman movie.  I didn't want a cheesy Reeves-esque Superman...but I wish it had more levity. 

In general, I enjoyed Man of Steel...but it carried over into BvS and they really havent been able to figure out what to do, since.

And admittedly, I am a bit of a DC fanboy myself.  I love the characters and the universe in general...but let's face facts.

Still, I'll give Pattinson a chance...even if I'm no longer excited about these movies.

16 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, I'm in the pro-Affleck camp. I think Pattinson can be good. I've not seen any of his good movies that were previously posted, but every says he crushes it in everything. But, like @FourThreeMafia said, who cares about DC anymore anyway?

If you’re in this forum thread on the internet talking about it, you obviously care at some level. Don’t kid yourself 

• Like 1

This movie failing is the best hope of good things happening with DC properties.  I won't watch it unless the reviews are unanimously positive. 

Don't think Pattinson is a good choice, and it's got nothing to do with his acting ability. 

22 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

If you’re in this forum thread on the internet talking about it, you obviously care at some level. Don’t kid yourself 

Sure, I probably worded that a bit too strongly. I guess I meant, who really cares about casting? The current DC movies have been average at best. I try not to get too bent out of shape about this stuff anymore. There are much more important things to care about. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Sure, I probably worded that a bit too strongly. I guess I meant, who really cares about casting? The current DC movies have been average at best. I try not to get too bent out of shape about this stuff anymore. There are much more important things to care about. 

Definitely Fair, I would actually argue that we all should have learned to shut our mouths about casting until we actually see it on screen due to the many many times fans cried about it, and then loved it (Ledger the most obvious) and even vice versa, getting guys we love and it turns out to be a turd pile (Reynolds as GL?, not all his fault but...)

9 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I was expecting this to be pure hatred. Outside of the Twilight movies, he’s a solid actor for sure and I am actually excited to see what he brings to the table. 

Honestly, he has some interesting range. He could take both Bats and Wayne in a few different directions successfully. Might be one of the big reasons he got the gig. 

21 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Honestly, he has some interesting range. He could take both Bats and Wayne in a few different directions successfully. Might be one of the big reasons he got the gig. 

Its been heavily hinted that Reeves' film will dive more into the Detective aspect of Batman/Wayne which I actually think he could be really good for.

And honestly if he can tap back into some of that awkward Twilight acting when he is Bruce Wayne, i think that would be amazing. Because as Ive gone back and looked at more performances. the best Wayne performances are when he is not comfortable in that 3 piece suit. Keaton/Kilmer/Affleck all feel really uncomfortable in those suits, they look good, but it always feels like that Tie is choking them, and they are itching to get out. Bale was good at it in Begins, but the Bruce/Harvey date scene, he is suddenly WAY TOO comfortable as Wayne (which I know hes trying to show Rachel) 

I think the biggest problem with this is that it may just be another pointless Batman arc. They have to find a way to bring him into the current DCU otherwise there's no point. Marvel has set a new standard on how Universe franchises are so supposed to go. And I cant see them dumping AM, WW, Shazam, MOS, etc just to reboot Batman.

It's Batman.  I'll watch.  Doesn't matter who it is under the cowl.

Personally?  I thought that Affleck was going to be terrible.  And he wasn't.  I didn't like him as Bruce Wayne.  But his Bruce Wayne was supposed to be a lot more edgy and dark than the Bale Bruce Wayne.  In the end, I actually liked Affleck in the role.

My favorite was Bale because he was exceptional as Bruce Wayne.

But yah, whomever gets the part, I'll buy the tickets and watch.