The Batman

Acgott

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Haha...okay big guy.  If thumping your chest in a debate over something so trivial gets your rocks off...power to ya.

Not saying one is better than the other, but saying Affleck is terrible makes you look even worse.   

I was trying to have fun with it. You could probably chill out about 300 degrees.

Affleck was indeed terrible. He's a terrible actor in general, and he wasn't good as Batman.

Michael Keaton was phenomenal as Batman.

Also, if you actually look at any "popular" list of who the best 'batmen' are, Keaton is always ahead of Affleck. It's not only my opinion, it's the opinion of most other people as well.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I didn't think Ben was actually that awful. The scripts and movies did nothing to help. That said, Clooney was AWFUL. Kilmer was fine. Keaton = <3

Clooney was for sure the worst. Best Bruce Wayne on paper. Didn't carry it through.

7 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I was trying to have fun with it. You could probably chill out about 300 degrees.

Affleck was indeed terrible. He's a terrible actor in general, and he wasn't good as Batman.

Michael Keaton was phenomenal as Batman.

Also, if you actually look at any "popular" list of who the best 'batmen' are, Keaton is always ahead of Affleck. It's not only my opinion, it's the opinion of most other people as well.

You're definitely in the minority on this. Affleck is universally regarded as the sole positive of BvS.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

You're definitely in the minority on this. Affleck is universally regarded as the sole positive of BvS.

I don't think any actor could have saved that awful, awful movie.  I was expecting it to be better than the negative hype when I finally saw it, but nah.

And yeah, Affleck has his bad movies for sure, but he's generally pretty good as an actor.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't know about that. He definitely has his defenders for sure, but plenty of people think he's bad.

Doesn't really matter though. Keaton was better, and he was atypical for the part. Pattinson is atypical as well, and I'm hoping he can do at least as well as Keaton.

*Just remembered Affleck was in Phantoms. I stand by him being a bad batman, but he was in Phantoms. I'll back off.

Edited by nagahide13

4 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I don't know about that. He definitely has his defenders for sure, but plenty of people think he's bad.

Doesn't really matter though. Keaton was better, and he was atypical for the part. Pattinson is atypical as well, and I'm hoping he can do at least as well as Keaton.

*Just remembered Affleck was in Phantoms. I stand by him being a bad batman, but he was in Phantoms. I'll back off.

You can dislike Affleck's Batman but the consensus was that he did a good job (great in BvS, decent in JL). I don't think anyone is calling him the best. I also am cautiously optimistic about Pattinson. I want to see where it goes with him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

You can dislike Affleck's Batman but the consensus was that he did a good job (great in BvS, decent in JL). I don't think anyone is calling him the best. I also am cautiously optimistic about Pattinson. I want to see where it goes with him.

I take zero issue with any of that. My OP was that Keaton was the best and he was atypical, and that I didn't like Affleck and he was "perfect" for the role. I thus though Pattinson deserves a chance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

I take zero issue with any of that. My OP was that Keaton was the best and he was atypical, and that I didn't like Affleck and he was "perfect" for the role. I thus though Pattinson deserves a chance.

Agreed. Reeves probably knows what he's doing.