Jump to content
Acgott

The Batman is Robert Pattinson

Recommended Posts

Ehh Catwoman again? Why can’t we get a new villain like Mr. Freeze or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Ehh Catwoman again? Why can’t we get a new villain like Mr. Freeze or something

They tried Mr. Freeze once. It was arguably the worst mistake in Hollywood history...

20-arnold-schwarzenegger.w330.h330.jpg

The nuclear fallout on that one makes Mr. Freeze uncastable for the next 50,000 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

only movie i've seen w/ RP is Good Time and he had one of the best gd performances of the year there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, August4th said:

 

So a new Batman with two villains, "among others". This sounds like Justice League all over again introducing too many characters into a new universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

So a new Batman with two villains, "among others". This sounds like Justice League all over again introducing too many characters into a new universe.

We will see, but it depends how it's done.  Thing is, Penguin is more of an intellectual villain and Catwoman is an anti-hero...so they could still conceivably add a physical villain...or it could be villains competing against each other to kill Batman like in the game Arkham Origins.  OR, some of the villains might just have cameos.

The problem with Justice League wasn't just that they had too many characters... But that they had too many characters that were poorly developed. It wouldn't take long to set up Catwoman and penguin... It just depends on who the other villains are and how they are used. For instance, they could add a character like Deathstroke or Deadshot pretty easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Batman Begins had Ra’s Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Carmine Falcone, it’s all about the writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Batman Begins had Ra’s Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Carmine Falcone, it’s all about the writing.

Agreed. Nolan has a history of pulling it off. DC and Reeves do not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Agreed. Nolan has a history of pulling it off. DC and Reeves do not.

You don’t like Matt Reeves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Acgott said:

You don’t like Matt Reeves?

I don't dislike him. But I haven't seen anything that convinces me he'll 100% pull off Batman. I think Ayer had a better resume leading up to Suicide Squad than Reeves does now and he disappointed. I think Reeves could do make a good Batman movie but I'm just not convinced he will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don't dislike him. But I haven't seen anything that convinces me he'll 100% pull off Batman. I think Ayer had a better resume leading up to Suicide Squad than Reeves does now and he disappointed. I think Reeves could do make a good Batman movie but I'm just not convinced he will.

Based on what? Ayer as director only had 1 positively reviewed movie before Suicide Squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Ehh Catwoman again? Why can’t we get a new villain like Mr. Freeze or something

Poison Ivy>> Cat woman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Based on what? Ayer as director only had 1 positively reviewed movie before Suicide Squad.

WB is ultimately responsible with how SS turned out.  He has shared on twitter about the constant drastic changes forced upon his movie by the studio.  Also. both End Of Watch and Fury were both positively reviewed.  Harsh Times was outstanding. I’d take Ayer over Reeves every time esp since Ayer is one of the best writers for urban/street films.  He’d crush a Batman solo flick esp if he could use Black Mask.

Let’s just hope Reeves doesn’t face the same middling from WB that Ayer did.  

Edited by thrILL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

WB is ultimately responsible with how SS turned out.  He has shared on twitter about the constant drastic changes forced upon his movie by the studio.  Also. both End Of Watch and Fury were both positively reviewed.  Harsh Times was outstanding. I’d take Ayer over Reeves every time esp since Ayer is one of the best writers for urban/street films.  He’d crush a Batman solo flick esp if he could use Black Mask.

Let’s just hope Reeves doesn’t face the same middling from WB that Ayer did.  

For some reason I thought Fury was after Suicide Squad. My bad on that. 

Agreed on WB being the ultimate issue with the movie though. All reports indicate they made things much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Based on what? Ayer as director only had 1 positively reviewed movie before Suicide Squad.

Writer: U-571, Training Day, Fast and Furious 1, End of Watch, Fury.

Director: End of Watch, Fury.

And as @thrILL! stated, WB's input appeared to ruin the film based on reviews and interviews. The image below is one example of a review form someone who saw both versions...

dzecutdv4aaqvnz-large.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ET80 said:

They tried Mr. Freeze once. It was arguably the worst mistake in Hollywood history...

20-arnold-schwarzenegger.w330.h330.jpg

The nuclear fallout on that one makes Mr. Freeze uncastable for the next 50,000 years.

Did the awful portrayal of Bane ruin him for TDKR?

Freeze can be an awesome character, if done right.  He is a very sympathetic villain in that his life was shattered due to no fault of his own.

Batman and Robin got absolutely everything wrong.  Every character in that movie got poo'd on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×