The Batman

Acgott

20 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The majority of the issues with Affleck were due to writing. As Batman, he was pretty easily one of the best, and we didn't see much of him as Bruce.

Agreed.

As I said, I respect if people prefer other actors to Affleck, but it seems like its a love/hate thing whereas most people either love him or hate him....but I dont get that.     I can understand people not LOVING him, but I dont get those that hate him.   I think alot of people conflate the movies with the individual performances.       I have made it known I didnt care for Batman v Superman and HATED Justice League (Whedon version, anyway). but there were some decent performances, and most of the issues stemmed from poor writing and directed.

The only actors I really have a major issue with in their roles are Jesse Eisenberg and Ezra Miller.     Even Jared Leto's terrible Joker was largely the fault of the directing and writing.   I think Leto could smash the right version of Joker.   

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

The majority of the issues with Affleck were due to writing. As Batman, he was pretty easily one of the best, and we didn't see much of him as Bruce.

Yep. He's easily my favorite Batman. He did a great job with what he was given. People just love to hate on Ben, in general, as an actor. 

• Like 1

Enjoying the ride they are taking us on, it’s an interesting version of Batman they are giving us. Young and unhinged, feel like Pattinson pointing out the murkiness of him being a hero is on full display.

There is something about the whole thing that feels a little weird seeing this second trailer, kinda agree with @Deadpulse. But I think like once I’m in the film and we get the twisty story and get to just live it in for a couple hours it should go away.

I want to see more of this version of Gotham and the world of this Batman though. So glad we are getting some ancillary stuff in addition on HBO Max. I want to see some of the takes they might have for other characters, particularly if they will want to stay grounded or get a little weird with it going forward. 
Right now it seems like they’ll stay more towards the realistic side. I’d imagine maybe not the next film but if they get to 3 they’ll do Hush finally.

Hush, Hugo Strange, Black Mask, Madd Hatter, Professor Pyg, Two-Face, Zsasz, Firefly, Court of Owls stuff like that. Do they do another Joker? 

But I wonder if they go like a little further with the are they/aren’t they mystic ones like Deacon Blackfire, Ra’s or Azrael.

Would like an Arkham Asylum story at some point, but he has to put away more villains first. And yeah let’s do Hush finally.

• Like 2