The Batman

Acgott

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Not comic but Abrams did it with Into Darkness and it created more suspense for fans of the series itself. I think its can help the movie alot when you dont know what to quite expect. 

And he got nothing but bad backlash for outright lying. He's apologized and stated his regret about doing that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

And he got nothing but bad backlash for outright lying. He's apologized and stated his regret about doing that.

Well if they dont lie about then the backlash should be minimal. 

H/e the biggest gripe was the underwear scene which I think fed that other backlash for the secret identity. 

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Eh, R-Pat is too young for Barbara Gordon to be more than like 8 in traditional lore

If this girl is cast as Gordon, she'll probably be around 15-16 in the movie? She's 19 in the Killing Joke, so this will probably be before she becomes Batgirl. If Pattinson is considered late 20s or early 30s, the ages will be fine.

If this girl is cast as Gordon, I would assume that they would be looking for a Robin around the same age.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Eh, R-Pat is too young for Barbara Gordon to be more than like 8 in traditional lore

In fairness, in traditional comic lore, Batman used little kids as Robin and wouldve been like 60 by the time **** Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake and Damien Wayne all donned the mantle.

You need to do things differently in the live action movies where you have maybe a 3 movie span to tell a connected story....as opposed to a 60+ year clusterfudge of interwoven comic stories that barely connect in any logical sense.

Is it me, or does dano look like he would have been the perfect "pre-Dark Knight" Bruce wayne if they were doing prequels to Christian Bale's Batman?  He could have easily pulled off the look, at least.

I hope they use this movie to intro the "older" villains/characters but move to newer villains in the sequels.  If Penguin is in this, then he brings Deathstroke in.