The Batman

Acgott

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It adds to the mystique and intimidation factor for me. The more unrealistic/out of this world car, the less it seems like any dude with a Toyota Camry could just make a Batmobile.

Not to mention, and I can already tell this is going to get just as annoying to hear as it it for me to have to say it, its early on in his career. I would imagine we will get an upgrade at some point assuming this franchise is atleast a Trilogy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im not saying you can't like it, just dont come at me with it's not supposed to look that way when it is really just personal preference/expectations lol

Come at you?

It was an honest question from someone who doesn't read the comics.

Still hoping for failures to stack up and force WB to give fans the connected universe they deserve.

Kinda hate Disney for ruining superhero/comic book movies for me.  Can’t enjoy Nolan’s trilogy anymore, can’t enjoy individual DC movies, haven’t even watched Joker yet.  I just can’t stop imagining Joker in an extended universe showing up as frequently as Loki.  

WB has a veritable gold mine to work with and villains Marvel can’t even dream of and we get a bunch of disconnected hit or miss one off movies.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Still hoping for failures to stack up and force WB to give fans the connected universe they deserve.

Kinda hate Disney for ruining superhero/comic book movies for me.  Can’t enjoy Nolan’s trilogy anymore, can’t enjoy individual DC movies, haven’t even watched Joker yet.  I just can’t stop imagining Joker in an extended universe showing up as frequently as Loki.  

WB has a veritable gold mine to work with and villains Marvel can’t even dream of and we get a bunch of disconnected hit or miss one off movies.

Dont hold your breath.

I am resigned to the fact that this is as good as we are likely ever going to get from DC.  They dont give a **** what fans want.

Isnt this movie supposed to take place in the 80s?  If thats the case, Im guessing it has zero connection to the DCEU....so another nail in that coffin.

The Batmobile doesnt bother me much considering its an early version.  There is an episode of Batman TAS where they show an early career Batman driving a broken down clunker that looks more like a real car.

My issue overall is, there is nothing about this movie that excites me...and Im a huge Batman fan.  Im hopeful it can be good, but Im not hopeful it can be anything more.   

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Isnt this movie supposed to take place in the 80s?  If thats the case, Im guessing it has zero connection to the DCEU....so another nail in that coffin.

The Batmobile doesnt bother me much considering its an early version.  There is an episode of Batman TAS where they show an early career Batman driving a broken down clunker that looks more like a real car.

My issue overall is, there is nothing about this movie that excites me...and Im a huge Batman fan.  Im hopeful it can be good, but Im not hopeful it can be anything more.   

Sounds like it's set in modern time. A lot of the casting choices have you going hmmm outside of Dano as Riddler. I think this movie will stand on story more than the visuals. 

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

In Batman Year One he never has a car. He has a normal bike he uses out of costume, he steals a cop bike, and he has a hang glider lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

Sounds like it's set in modern time. A lot of the casting choices have you going hmmm outside of Dano as Riddler. I think this movie will stand on story more than the visuals. 

Problem is, a huge part of the Batman universe is the visuals....and I haven't seen much to like.

Agree about casting.  Dont really hate any of them, but not excited by any, either.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Problem is, a huge part of the Batman universe is the visuals....and I haven't seen much to like.

Agree about casting.  Dont really hate any of them, but not excited by any, either.

I am actually really excited to see Pattinson's take on Bruce Wayne/Batman. I know people hang onto twilight but I dont hold it against him. Young upstart actor who got offered a huge franchise to help him establish his name. Who doesnt take that? His post twilight performances are all fantastic, the problem is he does smaller projects that the general audience doesnt see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I am actually really excited to see Pattinson's take on Bruce Wayne/Batman. I know people hang onto twilight but I dont hold it against him. Young upstart actor who got offered a huge franchise to help him establish his name. Who doesnt take that? His post twilight performances are all fantastic, the problem is he does smaller projects that the general audience doesnt see. 

100% agree with this.  Pattinson is a truly incredible actor.  Dude more than held his own with Dafoe in The Lighthouse and Dafoe is a stud.  I think he will fit well with a young, mildly naive Batman.

The one casting I really don't get is Colin Ferrell as Penguin.  Serkis, Kravitz, Dano all really excite me(I can't wait to see how Serkis does Alfred).  But Ferrell and Penguin just don't go together from a physical standpoint.  

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

100% agree with this.  Pattinson is a truly incredible actor.  Dude more than held his own with Dafoe in The Lighthouse and Dafoe is a stud.  I think he will fit well with a young, mildly naive Batman.

The one casting I really don't get is Colin Ferrell as Penguin.  Serkis, Kravitz, Dano all really excite me(I can't wait to see how Serkis does Alfred).  But Ferrell and Penguin just don't go together from a physical standpoint.  

Im down for an imposing penguin. I am kinda hoping that he is a transplant from England that comes in and tries to take over from Falcone and Ferrel would be perfect for that role. 

I hate to say this, but Kravitz is going to remind me of Haley Berry's potrayal until she makes it her own. I am most worried about her, as much as I like her in other things. Catwoman is just such a distinct character, its hard to really make her your own. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Im down for an imposing penguin. I am kinda hoping that he is a transplant from England that comes in and tries to take over from Falcone and Ferrel would be perfect for that role. 

I hate to say this, but Kravitz is going to remind me of Haley Berry's potrayal until she makes it her own. I am most worried about her, as much as I like her in other things. Catwoman is just such a distinct character, its hard to really make her your own. 

That's a fair take.  I just consider penguin a physically weaker character who has to rely on his criminal connections and gadgets to be dangerous.  Maybe some kind of physical defect?  I will struggle with a 6 foot(or whatever he is), physically fit penguin with a jawline.  Just sounds wrong.

I think Kravitz will actually have a good script to work with.  Berry didn't.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Ive come around to Pattinson, but I still question his fit for the role.

He might have the acting chops, but he doesnt really look the part.

Anyway, time will tell how good the movie will be.  All Im saying is I am not excited.  

I dont think Keaton looks the part but a whole generation of fans love him. Same with Gal Gadot for a more recent example, wasn't thrilled that she physically fit the part but then she went ahead and killed it. I think an actor can easily overcome that initial perception.