The Batman

Acgott

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Isn’t the guy that Batman beats up wearing joker inspired face paint?

I dont think so

The Batman Trailer Breakdown: 15 Story & Character Reveals

The one on the right has a cross on his forehead. I actually don't think these guys are a reference to anything in the comics. The eye makeup makes it seem like they are trying to replicate a skull. If we are gonna link it to a Batman villain I would say Black Skull is more likely than Joker. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

This shot makes the guy on the right look like he has a spade symbol, made me think that initially too

The secret tease everyone missed in The Batman trailer

There are alot of street gangs in Gotham that work under the direction of the mafia familes.   Could also be Black Masks gang.

All we can do is speculate.🤪

7 minutes ago, 43M said:

There are alot of street gangs in Gotham that work under the direction of the mafia familes.   Could also be Black Masks gang.

All we can do is speculate.🤪

I think Black Mask would be most likely. Those are definitely supposed to be skulls IMO. I know people have mentioned the mouths and related that to Joker. However, if you look closely you can see the vertical lines as well simulating the teeth under the cheek that a skull would exhibit. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I think Black Mask would be most likely. Those are definitely supposed to be skulls IMO. I know people have mentioned the mouths and related that to Joker. However, if you look closely you can see the vertical lines as well simulating the teeth under the cheek that a skull would exhibit. 

In the end, it could just be some random Gotham street gang.  I bet they are connected to someone, though.

8 hours ago, 43M said:

In the end, it could just be some random Gotham street gang.  I bet they are connected to someone, though.

I think its one of two things; 

Either this is an early scene to introduce us to who this Batman is (his style, etc), and this is just some random street gang that he is taking down early on that is running drugs.

Or they are connected to someone like Falcone, and are way down the line, doing his dirty work at the street level. That Batman is working his way through to gain some information

Either way, I dont think they are some bigger connection like a Joker Gang, or even the Falce Face guys for a Black Mask. But Reeves does seem very deep in the lore here, so it would be cool to see them identified as something like the LUGs (Latino Unified Gang) or one of the Cartels we know of in the Gotham lore.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

the makeup could just be a reference to Edward Cullen for his pale skin and the eye shadow is making fun of him as he is portrayed in the trailer as batman

Or it could be the much more likely reason which is its the eye paint he wears under the cowl to help conceal his identity.

2 minutes ago, 43M said:
27 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

the makeup could just be a reference to Edward Cullen for his pale skin and the eye shadow is making fun of him as he is portrayed in the trailer as batman

Or it could be the much more likely reason which is its the eye paint he wears under the cowl to help conceal his identity.

that literally every other iteration of live action batman has done 

21 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Well, the other ones never ACKNOWLEDGED it though.    When Bale and Keaton took off their masks, there was no eye paint....even though it was quite obvious it was on under the cowl.

43 minutes ago, 43M said:

41 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

was a dumb joke, nvm