The Batman

Acgott

31 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ohhh Deadpool. Good call.

(I am one of the weird ones that liked GOG2 better than the first one).

I don't know why GotG2 gets as much grief as it does, I enjoy the hell out of it.  Not sure if I put it above the first one, but it's a logical next step in their story to me, and I like how Ego was used (and don't care it differs from the comic and J'Son not being Quill's dad)

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't know why GotG2 gets as much grief as it does, I enjoy the hell out of it.  Not sure if I put it above the first one, but it's a logical next step in their story to me, and I like how Ego was used (and don't care it differs from the comic and J'Son not being Quill's dad)

I think my problem with the first one is I don't like the third act very much. The scene with the ships making the net is kinda neat, but otherwise it fell a little flat for me. 

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of RUMORS circulating that Pattinson is a huge diva on set and has failed on several occasions to get himself to the physique Reeves wanted him in, and that Reeves may not want to work with him on future sequels.

Is this true?   No idea, but this isnt the first time Ive heard about issues regarding his conditioning, and Ive never seen him close to what Id call "Batman shape".

5 hours ago, 43M said:

Lots of RUMORS circulating that Pattinson is a huge diva on set and has failed on several occasions to get himself to the physique Reeves wanted him in, and that Reeves may not want to work with him on future sequels.

Is this true?   No idea, but this isnt the first time Ive heard about issues regarding his conditioning, and Ive never seen him close to what Id call "Batman shape".

First I’ve heard of it. Not seen one thing that makes it seem legit. A fringe site covering a fringe YouTuber is all that I could find, doesn’t seem like anything worth giving a second thought rn.

Only credence I could see is he’s had to maintain this for like three times longer than he otherwise had to, and I’m sure tension is high on set from the on and again off again nature of the production.

16 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Didn't Pattinson complain/tweet during the lockdown about not wanting to stay in shape for Batman?

I don't know if he did or did not, but I imagine it must be incredibly difficult to maintain that level of physique for multiple years when working on just one production, especially given that it's not his natural shape. Not sure that makes him a diva so much as it makes him human. Just having seen the insane regiments guys like Jackman, Evans, Hemsworth, etc. go through both in terms of working out and diet to get their bodies "movie ready" is wild and largely unsustainable for multiple years - given they are not predisposed nor want to be full time body builders.

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

First I’ve heard of it. Not seen one thing that makes it seem legit. A fringe site covering a fringe YouTuber is all that I could find, doesn’t seem like anything worth giving a second thought rn.

Only credence I could see is he’s had to maintain this for like three times longer than he otherwise had to, and I’m sure tension is high on set from the on and again off again nature of the production.

That fringe YouTuber has been pretty spot on with these things unfortunately. If we're thinking of the same guy he certainly has connections.

19 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I don't know if he did or did not, but I imagine it must be incredibly difficult to maintain that level of physique for multiple years when working on just one production, especially given that it's not his natural shape. Not sure that makes him a diva so much as it makes him human. Just having seen the insane regiments guys like Jackman, Evans, Hemsworth, etc. go through both in terms of working out and diet to get their bodies "movie ready" is wild and largely unsustainable for multiple years - given they are not predisposed nor want to be full time body builders.

And yet all three managed to do it.  If anything, they should start filming on the second one as soon as they finish this one, specifically scenes where Pattinson is alone in the scenes.

As for RP, he HAD to know what he was signing up for, so if he is complaining, he might reconsider his occupational choices moving forward whehn signing on for roles that will be reprised.

20 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

And yet all three managed to do it.  If anything, they should start filming on the second one as soon as they finish this one, specifically scenes where Pattinson is alone in the scenes.

As for RP, he HAD to know what he was signing up for, so if he is complaining, he might reconsider his occupational choices moving forward whehn signing on for roles that will be reprised.

Right, but if you look it up, these guys were on sped up, insane 3 month regiments to get ready for their roles. Then they more or less completely drop off and bulk down because the intensity/demand is too much for any normal human to take for a prolonged period of time. Then maybe a year or more later they are asked to undergo the same process. Huge difference between that and having to keep on that insane physique for over a year because of production issues/delays due to the pandemic.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

The workouts are the easy part IMO.  When you're 165 lbs like Pattinson it's the amount of food he has to eat that's the hard part.  For someone like him he doesn't have to be photo shoot ready all the time because he has a suit on.  Same with Evans and Hemsworth. The majority of the time they just need the size because they are in costume.  They will diet down to look shredded for any abs scene and plan the scene at the end of the cut then go back to their routine.  So may be a strict 8-12 weeks but when you're getting paid millions to be a super hero that's easy.  I would bet a lot of money they don't always look "movie ready" unless they are taking something.

RP is being a little baby.  You signed on to be Batman, you need to look the part as well.  He doesn't have to live in the gym to achieve this. Hit the gym 4-5 times a week then man up and eat!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

That fringe YouTuber has been pretty spot on with these things unfortunately. If we're thinking of the same guy he certainly has connections.

fair enough, the handful of outlets I saw this linked on claimed he was controversial or not reliable, never heard of him so trusted their opinion.

• Like 1