Sheldon Richardson traded to Seahawks

Forge

On 9/5/2017 at 11:00 AM, Rockice_8 said:

He doesn't exactly have a long track record here.

WIlliams looks like a stud in the making but yes the rest of that draft Smith/Mauldin were not good.  Simon should be a solid player though.

His next draft was much better with Lee, Jenkins, Burris, Shell all looking like capable NFL players and Anderson was a fantastic find.  No studs but a lot of solid players

This draft is too early to tell but how can you not be high on Adams and Maye.  Stewart looks like a talented slot guy and Hansen, Leggett, McGuire all look good enough to contribute.  If one of the CB's stick then it will be another solid draft.  

You can nit pick about not finding that mid round star but overall outside of his first draft his last two look ok.  He's done good things and bad things but so many GM's start off slow and you can't just keep turning them over every 2-3 years it just doesn't work like that.  There's no great GM sitting there waiting on the Jets job so we just have to hope this plan plays out and Mac gets us a franchise guy because if we fire him we will just have another GM taking 2-3 years to dump Macs guys and get his own in.  It's just a revolving door then and nothing changes.

He's gotta hit on the core 4 positions(QB, EDGE , LT and CB)

On 9/5/2017 at 11:00 AM, Rockice_8 said:

He doesn't exactly have a long track record here.

WIlliams looks like a stud in the making but yes the rest of that draft Smith/Mauldin were not good.  Simon should be a solid player though.

His next draft was much better with Lee, Jenkins, Burris, Shell all looking like capable NFL players and Anderson was a fantastic find.  No studs but a lot of solid players

This draft is too early to tell but how can you not be high on Adams and Maye.  Stewart looks like a talented slot guy and Hansen, Leggett, McGuire all look good enough to contribute.  If one of the CB's stick then it will be another solid draft.  

You can nit pick about not finding that mid round star but overall outside of his first draft his last two look ok.  He's done good things and bad things but so many GM's start off slow and you can't just keep turning them over every 2-3 years it just doesn't work like that.  There's no great GM sitting there waiting on the Jets job so we just have to hope this plan plays out and Mac gets us a franchise guy because if we fire him we will just have another GM taking 2-3 years to dump Macs guys and get his own in.  It's just a revolving door then and nothing changes.

Great post, especially the last part. This whole team is young (Players/Coaches/GM) let them work through everything together. Take the growing pains from all involved. This is the first season under this regime we don't have "Rex Guys" that don't want to buy in to the new system. We can go 0-16 this year, if I see young players fighting every snap then it will be far more enjoyable than watching all the vets give up last year.

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He's gotta hit on the core 4 positions(QB, EDGE , LT and CB)

Totally agree.  We need a major overhaul which is why I think this year if we land that QB finally we hopefully land a LT and CB in the 2nd so we can start to build those major weaknesses up.

47 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Totally agree.  We need a major overhaul which is why I think this year if we land that QB finally we hopefully land a LT and CB in the 2nd so we can start to build those major weaknesses up.

I agree also, but it must start with the front office also. I have no confidence at all in Bowles & Mac. They both have  to go.

I dont love Mac, but i do think that we need to give this more time. If we tank, get Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold and spend money on offensive line, and really improve this team next year than maybe keeping them was the right decision. If we keep them and still are pathetic next year...they will both be gone. 3 years is way too littler considering this year is IMPOSSIBLE to judge on wins and loses. 

I think we should draft a franchise running back, too, instead of free agency. And I think we should look for O-line help via free agency and later in the draft. Running backs depreciate so quickly, so I prefer getting them when they are at the youngest age possible. O-Linemen can last a lot longer than RB's, generally speaking, so I think they are better free agent investments. WR's and CB's, I could go either way (draft or free agency). Depends on the player.

We need at least one starter at all of those positions, plus QB, for next season.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, rdelaney89 said:

Great post, especially the last part. This whole team is young (Players/Coaches/GM) let them work through everything together. Take the growing pains from all involved. This is the first season under this regime we don't have "Rex Guys" that don't want to buy in to the new system. We can go 0-16 this year, if I see young players fighting every snap then it will be far more enjoyable than watching all the vets give up last year.

Don't blame Rex, Look what the guys in charge now, did the last off three seasons. They have been a total failure. Still don't have a QB, and the rest of the team is the worst in Jet History. Yeah the team is young, but the big question is are they any good, and so far I have seen nothing.  Our young  players are a bunch of mid to late round draft picks.

11 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Don't blame Rex, Look what the guys in charge now, did the last off three seasons. They have been a total failure. Still don't have a QB, and the rest of the team is the worst in Jet History. Yeah the team is young, but the big question is are they any good, and so far I have seen nothing.  Our young  players are a bunch of mid to late round draft picks.

Where in my post did I blame Rex? He's been my favorite coach we've had, I wish Macc would have been our GM instead because I trust his contracts and scouting more than I trusted Tanny or Idzik. When a new coach comes in he needs to have guys that buy into HIS philosophies. The vets Bowles/Macc inherited were win now type guys. The first 2 years they tried to appease them and really give it one last push before blowing it up. I loved a lot of those players but they gave up once they realized the playoffs weren't happening. When players give up and stop playing it's time for them to go, I don't believe we will see effort issues this year because the entire team knows this season is an audition for the future. 

Archived