Sheldon Richardson traded to Seahawks

Forge

It was a good or at least necessary trade. We're not playoff contenders and we probably would have let Sheldon walk after this season anyway. Seattles definitely got the better player. And I wish Sheldon well and hope he gets into the Super Bowl.   

Kearse is nothing special  but he is young and comes from a quality organization. I have no idea what will happen with the pick. Will we keep it or use it to trade up or trade down. I wish I could say I have confidence that we'll do the right thing, but I can't.

I believe in the Jets. And I believe that the Jets believe in the Jets. And I know for a fact that the Jets' belief in themselves and us believing in them makes them believe that they believe in us. That being said, rhe Jets will go 1 and 15 this year with the players they have on their roster, especially after this trade. Unfortunately it was the right move to make although we lose out in player value, maybe we pick a QB in the second/third? round next year that doesnt hit sideline reporters on fade routes. Heres to 2018 fellas. 

It's always sad to see a player your team drafts and develops not sign a second contract. I'd be worried about paying Richardson though.However,  I'm worried about Mo as well.

I guess a late second is as good as could be hoped for. Kearse is fine too, but they probably were going to cut him anyway. At least it's a veteran on the field for the WR group.

2 hours ago, Abe56 said:

That is irrelevant though.  Richardson wasn't a bust, he was a good player, but had a lot of off field issues and played a position where the Jets currently have their most talent.  So instead of just playing him here in a lost season and lose him for nothing, Jets were smartly proactive to get a good value for him now.

Cant worry about what happened in the past, gotta keep planning for the future.

When a 26yr old 1st rounder isn't on your roster something went wrong. Blame it on what you want. Drafting Leo, etc. But fact is... we are clueless in drafting. That's why I have no confidence in a rebuild.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

When a 26yr old 1st rounder isn't on your roster something went wrong. Blame it on what you want. Drafting Leo, etc. But fact is... we are clueless in drafting. That's why I have no confidence in a rebuild.

I love Sheldon but Leo has the better attitude and will ultimately be the better player IMO. He's also locked in for 3 more years on a cheap deal.

10 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I love Sheldon but Leo has the better attitude and will ultimately be the better player IMO. He's also locked in for 3 more years on a cheap deal.

While I don't disagree with you that Leo is better than Sheldon... the point is drafting BPA isn't always best in some cases. Leo for me was an example of that. Vic Beasley would've not been a reach pick at all that draft and would've given us a true edge rusher we haven't had since Abraham.

This is the reason we are a lousy team right now. Look at these pathetic high draft picks. It is to early to grade the 2017 draft picks. From 2012 thru 2016. check this out.

2016  rd1 Lee has shown very little has good speed, not ready to call him a mistake

rd2 Hackenberg  still on the sidelines

rd3 Jenkins done very little

2015  rd1 Leo Williams fell in out lap, very solid player

rd2 Devin Smith  gone, even when he was healthy he couldn't make the starting lineup

rd3 Mauldin has been in limbo since we drafted him

2014   rd1 Pryor  a huge mistake

rd2 Amaro gone, another big disappointment  

rd 3 Mc Dougle  gone

2013    rd 1 Dee Millner  flat out bust

rd2 Sheldon Richardson  strong player but he is gone for a so so receiver and another draft pick that Macc will probably give away like this year.

rd3 Geno Smith Not calling him a bad pick, he player with no wide receivers and is now a Giant.

2012    rd 1 Coples  The guy was another bust

RD 2 Stephen Hill  flat out bust, had two TD catches in his very first game did nothing after that and is long gone

rd 3  Davis hung around for a while but did next to nothing..

THIS IS WHY WE SUCK RIGHT NOW

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

This is the reason we are a lousy team right now. Look at these pathetic high draft picks. It is to early to grade the 2017 draft picks. From 2012 thru 2016. check this out.

2016  rd1 Lee has shown very little has good speed, not ready to call him a mistake

rd2 Hackenberg  still on the sidelines

rd3 Jenkins done very little

2015  rd1 Leo Williams fell in out lap, very solid player

rd2 Devin Smith  gone, even when he was healthy he couldn't make the starting lineup

rd3 Mauldin has been in limbo since we drafted him

2014   rd1 Pryor  a huge mistake

rd2 Amaro gone, another big disappointment  

rd 3 Mc Dougle  gone

2013    rd 1 Dee Millner  flat out bust

rd2 Sheldon Richardson  strong player but he is gone for a so so receiver and another draft pick that Macc will probably give away like this year.

rd3 Geno Smith Not calling him a bad pick, he player with no wide receivers and is now a Giant.

2012    rd 1 Coples  The guy was another bust

RD 2 Stephen Hill  flat out bust, had two TD catches in his very first game did nothing after that and is long gone

rd 3  Davis hung around for a while but did next to nothing..

THIS IS WHY WE SUCK RIGHT NOW

You're stating the obvious, everyone knows why we're trash and no ones arguing that.

This trade helps both teams out. The Jets get more draft collateral to work with.  The Seahawks just improved their DL immensely.  I an glad the Jets were able to get a 2nd round pick.  Jermaine Kearse was the 4th WR in Seatlle.  He is just holding a spot until the rookie WRs get up to speed.   

1 hour ago, famousj said:

This trade helps both teams out. The Jets get more draft collateral to work with.  The Seahawks just improved their DL immensely.  I an glad the Jets were able to get a 2nd round pick.  Jermaine Kearse was the 4th WR in Seatlle.  He is just holding a spot until the rookie WRs get up to speed.   

I think if someone offered us any draft capitol for Kearse we'd take it (and should) haha it's nice to have a vet WR but I think got the 2nd rounder because we took on his contract. Much like the Brock deal with the Browns, great move IMO. I think we'll start to see bad teams do more deals like this, they get better draft picks while letting competing teams drop bad salary players to sign better players. I'm genuinely excited for next offseason, we are going to go heavy offense for the first time in a long time.

Archived