What will be the key to winning in 2019?

Runaway Jim

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 4:04 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

They key is scoring more points than your opponent 

/Thread

A little early on the sleepers and busts, but I think it's likely that I won't own any shares of Chubb, but may own several of mixon and cook. I won't own any kittle or cook, but I'll have quite a bit of Hunter Henry and oj Howard. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 11:12 AM, Runaway Jim said:

What is your strategy going to be for 2019? What players are the most important to target in the draft this year?  Who are some good sleeper picks?

Maybe going WR/WR this year? The RB pool looks def better than last year but I try not to be hellbent on anything in particular.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 2:27 AM, Forge said:

/Thread

A little early on the sleepers and busts, but I think it's likely that I won't own any shares of Chubb, but may own several of mixon and cook. I won't own any kittle or cook, but I'll have quite a bit of Hunter Henry and oj Howard. 

?  "Shares?" I never heard of a league where owners could share the same player.

I think depth is key this year. I see a lot of good but very few locked-in-great players. There aren't any "I just have to get that guy" players for me.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:10 PM, bomont said:

?  "Shares?" I never heard of a league where owners could share the same player.

I think depth is key this year. I see a lot of good but very few locked-in-great players. There aren't any "I just have to get that guy" players for me.

He's talking across all his leagues. Think of it as the entire world of fantasy football. There's millions of leagues of all varieties. Chubb will be owned in every league. If you own Chubb in two of your leagues, you have two shares of Chubb in the overall scheme of things.

Say there's 987,654 leagues in the world. That means there's 987,654 shares of Chubb to be had. He wants 0 of those shares this year.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:27 PM, Forge said:

/Thread

Oddly enough, while I know Vance McDonald is a popular "last resort" TE option for a lot of folks, I think Mark Andrews might actually be mine.  Howard is really going to depend on price; I'm not even sure I'll feel comfortable paying ADP for him depending on who else is on the board because (and granted some of this may be recency bias because Arizona never really had a TE worth batting an eye at when Arians was there), I'm not sure how much he's going to be used and I can definitely see him being held in to block more in this scheme because of his strength in that regard.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:11 AM, MightyMouse07 said:

Winning the waiver wire like you should each year. Always a few guys on it that end up being difference makers either through the season or down the stretch. (Lindsay, D. Williams, J. Samuel).

Pretty much this. It's usually a guy who drafted like ish but picked up a few waiver wire wonders that wins it all.

Edited by Art_Vandalay

22 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Pretty much this. It's usually a guy who drafted like ish but picked up a few waiver wire wonders that wins it all.

also putting in a waiver when your gut says do it this week and not wait.. I did this too often last year and thus i missed the playoffs for the first time every in my home league(8 years so far).

50 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

also putting in a waiver when your gut says do it this week and not wait.

So friggin' true, man. I also botched every waiver decision last year. Fitzpatrick over Luck, Alfred Morris over Breida. I know there were more but I'd rather not try to remember... bleh.

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

So friggin' true, man. I also botched every waiver decision last year. Fitzpatrick over Luck, Alfred Morris over Breida. I know there were more but I'd rather not try to remember... bleh.

My league is a idp league so I botched on Darius Leonard and Jessie Bates. I dropped Aaron Jones for Brieda when Mckinnion went down. Brieda wasn't bad but I would of rather have Aaron Jones. Trequan Smith vs the Eagles. Overall had I picked up Leonard, heck even drafted him, and Trequan Smith the week vs the Eagles, I would of made the playoffs. But like you these were the TWO big ones that could of changed my season. 

Draft good players that will hopefully play 15 games, and mix in 2 or 3 buy low/sell high trades.

Don't draft WR's that have Mariota/Rosen/Lamar as their QB.

Wait until at least round 7 to take a QB (Unless Mahomes is there after round 3).

Target Ertz/Kelce in the 2nd If Hopkins/Julio/AB/OBJ/Thomas/Davante/JuJu/Evans/Thielen/Diggs are all gone. Kittle in the 3rd, OJ Howard in the 4th, or Hunter Henry in the 5th (If he looks healthy).  Otherwise wait until round 8 or later to take a TE.

Make your waiver priorities count.

Stay away from Eagles RB's.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2