Jump to content
DreamKid

2019 Rookie Talk

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

 

Wow. I remember Smith explicitly stating in an interview (or article, can’t remember) that he’s purposefully not been training with receivers or helping them with technique because he didn’t want to “get that feeling that he can still go” and try to make a comeback.

Wonder if this means that Smith is finally “comfortable in retirement”... or if maybe he might decide to comeback to the Ravens in a late season playoff run. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeffrey Simmons just started practicing for the Titans. This was about the time he was projected to return pre draft. We didn't end up having a shot at him, but did choose another great player rehabbing an injury in Marquise Brown. Being able to inject that kind of talent into a meh defense during the thick of the regular season would've been great for us. Wasn't meant to be though. And frankly I'm glad he went before our pick. That leaves it a mystery as to whether or not he was on our board. Passing on him, or finding out the FO wouldn't select him under any circumstances would've steamed me up lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Jeffrey Simmons just started practicing for the Titans. This was about the time he was projected to return pre draft. We didn't end up having a shot at him, but did choose another great player rehabbing an injury in Marquise Brown. Being able to inject that kind of talent into a meh defense during the thick of the regular season would've been great for us. Wasn't meant to be though. And frankly I'm glad he went before our pick. That leaves it a mystery as to whether or not he was on our board. Passing on him, or finding out the FO wouldn't select him under any circumstances would've steamed me up lol.

Same. He was my draft crush throughout the process. Honestly I’d still trade Brown for Simmons. It’s a lot more difficult to find an elite interior pass rushing DT than an elite deepthreat WR in my opinion.

Though if Hollywood can turn his deepthreat ability into overall elite WR play... or Simmons fails to live up to my belief in him than my opinion will surely change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy for Simmons. Top 5 DI from past like 10 drafts, and he had to deal with so much nonsense pre draft. Now he's healthy and just gets to go to work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Happy for Simmons. Top 5 DI from past like 10 drafts, and he had to deal with so much nonsense pre draft. Now he's healthy and just gets to go to work.

Only Dean Pees would put him as an edge rusher and he still gets a sack off of a TE stunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Savage work from Boykin. That's a TD if LJ sees him.

 

I actually think he did. As I wrote to Michael Crawford on the tweet. If we pause the video at the 8 and 9 second mark, Lamar look to that side, which is when Boykin gets open, but he decides to roll out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Danand said:

I actually think he did. As I wrote to Michael Crawford on the tweet. If we pause the video at the 8 and 9 second mark, Lamar look to that side, which is when Boykin gets open, but he decides to roll out.

Michael has the EZ angle right after it and it's hard to tell. I think Lamar is almost so amped at that point that he's just going through the motions with his progressions, but not fully processing them in his typical fashion. His energy was out of sorts at times during the game because of frustration, excitement, determination etc and a miss like that could be a side effect. Maybe if it was Hollywood out there his mind would have centered more and he could've made the throw. It's just all part of the learning process for a young QB. 

I'm sure he got pretty upset when going over the film though. That was an easy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Michael has the EZ angle right after it and it's hard to tell. I think Lamar is almost so amped at that point that he's just going through the motions with his progressions, but not fully processing them in his typical fashion. His energy was out of sorts at times during the game because of frustration, excitement, determination etc and a miss like that could be a side effect. Maybe if it was Hollywood out there his mind would have centered more and he could've made the throw. It's just all part of the learning process for a young QB. 

I'm sure he got pretty upset when going over the film though. That was an easy one.

This is a great example of a play where Lamar have to improve. It also shows that we have something in Boykin, because the big play was there. Hayden Hurst have also been "missed" on what could have been a big play. Hopefully Lamar picks it up and get the confidence to make that throw. If it had been Hollywood or Andrews on that play, I am quite sure he would have put the ball up there for grabs. He just has another confidence in those guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also savage by Metcalf. Good thing Lamar isn't the only one who misses open receivers. The MVP candidate does it as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Danand said:

Also savage by Metcalf. Good thing Lamar isn't the only one who misses open receivers. The MVP candidate does it as well.

Yup. Every QB in the game will miss open guys, throw inaccurate balls, commit mental errors, etc. No QB is perfect, and none of them will ever be flawless in every game. It's about finding the guy that can balance that out with a solid body of work, and rise to the occasion when you need it. Which is what Lamar looks like, even at this early stage of his development. I really can't wait for Lamar to get another shot in the playoffs. I have a feeling he's just going to go off. The stupid commentary surrounding that Chargers playoff game will bring out a new beast in him down the stretch this time, you can feel it.

For all the comps to Vick, Cunnigham, Wilson, etc. The QB you hear Lamar bring up the most himself is Brady. LJ wants rings, plural. And he has this team calling out the Super Bowl by name right now. This squad wants it, and he wants to bring them there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×