2019 Rookie Talk

DreamKid

I don’t think Hollywood is still fully healthy. The question is, if he will be this year, but even at 70-80% he is a mismatch issue for the opposing defense.

Boykin is still struggling, but I also think we have seen glimpses of what he can be able to do, I think we will need to wait a year or 2 with him.

Hill it seems they want to get on the field more on offense. The way many of us thought he would be used as a fast guy who can come in later in games or just hit the outside hard and use his speed for easy yards.

Neither of them are still there, but I think we have some talent to support Lamar for the next couple of years.

If healthy our tight end group are closing in on being one of the best in the league, and maybe already be the most complimentary in what they do and the roles they play.

I think we still have ways to go. We need another explosive playmaker who works well in “chaos”, the Tyler Lockett type who can get open once the play breaks down.

I had higher hopes for Moore, but that doesn’t seem to come to fruit. Scott might be in his “learning” year, but what he can eventually bring is up in the air.

If we didn’t have Lamar, no one would think much of our offensive talent. He truly has been and is the X-factor in our offense and what gets it going. I think Daniel Jeremiah would put him in the “truck” category in his truck and trailer analogy.

Yeah resigning Willie means that we don’t have to commit draft capital to our offensive weapon room if it’s not prudent in the draft, but if we can find a great athlete with good hands to fall, such as a DK Metcalf, I’m sure we won’t pass that up. Boykin would be a stud if his hands were more reliable. He’s not Perriman or anything, but his hands are just fallible enough that if a fantasy receiver prospect falls, there’s no great shakes in replacing him. Though hopefully his hands make a great improvement from year 1 to year 2 and we can commit our offensive draft capital towards the defense and possibly the interior OL.

12 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Boykin would be a stud if his hands were more reliable. 

I only see him as having 1 drop on the year. What plays are you thinking of that makes you think he doesn't have reliable hands?

I think he's doing just fine as a rookie WR in a run heavy offense. Can't wait to see him add to his game in the coming years. 

3 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I only see him as having 1 drop on the year. What plays are you thinking of that makes you think he doesn't have reliable hands?

I think he's doing just fine as a rookie WR in a run heavy offense. Can't wait to see him add to his game in the coming years. 

He is closing in on double digit number drops if we include preseason, and he hasn't had that many targets.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

As Dan states, preseason drops factor in. What’s more, even on some of his regular season catches he has seemingly “bobbled” the ball a bit. With Boykin he needs the ball to come at him seemingly with a lot of air and with a good spiral. A guy like Hurst I have confidence that he can get slants and make plays off of them.

8 hours ago, Danand said:

He is closing in on double digit number drops if we include preseason, and he hasn't had that many targets.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:21 AM, Danand said:

If healthy our tight end group are closing in on being one of the best in the league, and maybe already be the most complimentary in what they do and the roles they play.

I personally think we have the best TE group in the league without question. Andrews is a top-5/10 TE easily IMO, then I don’t think any team could come close to rivaling the two other guys we have. 

• 2 weeks later...