2019 Rookie Talk

DreamKid

Coldest chain in the game. This might be the most underrated aspect of our team right now. BTW, how great is it to see Marquise off the injury report lately? I still think he's an offseason away from truly returning to form, but man is it great to have him out there.

D49Xb1cX4AA-ubc.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yanda is always so kind to our Rookies. Watch him lend a helping hand to young Patrick Mekari.

Loved that play. And for Mekari to burry a PB with a little assistance says a lot too. That boy with those snaps against that DL in the rain is legit battle tested now. Excited. Now the only OL spots we might potentially look to improve would be the guard spots. And even then Bozeman is solid, just not dominant. And we’ve got another solid backup there. Only reason we would need to add more is it Yanda retires of its an elite IOL option that falls to us in the draft.

22 minutes ago, Danand said:

If Yanda decides to retire, I have IOL as our most pressing need. I think we will get a wake up call once he retires unless we try to replace him with some elite talent.

At the beginning of last year I was sure he would retire soon. I think if we win the SB he’s gone, but if not he’ll return for another ride. Especially with the amount of fun he’s been having. But if we win the SB, the rushing attack breaking the 78 Patriots record, and being the only team in the 16 game era to rush for over 200 yards would be something crazy special and would put Yanda up there with Ray in terms of how awesome of terms to go out on. It really couldn’t get more special than that for an OL and couldn’t get any better in terms of a HOF narrative to get him in on the first ballot... which is generally what it takes for an IOL.

51 minutes ago, Danand said:

If Yanda decides to retire, I have IOL as our most pressing need. I think we will get a wake up call once he retires unless we try to replace him with some elite talent.

At the beginning of last year I was sure he would retire soon. I think if we win the SB he’s gone, but if not he’ll return for another ride. Especially with the amount of fun he’s been having. But if we win the SB, the rushing attack breaking the 78 Patriots record, and being the only team in the 16 game era to rush for over 200 yards would be something crazy special and would put Yanda up there with Ray in terms of how awesome of terms to go out on. It really couldn’t get more special than that for an OL and couldn’t get any better in terms of a HOF narrative to get him in on the first ballot... which is generally what it takes for an IOL. Most have resumes as top picks with 5 or 6 All Pros. That won’t be Yanda. So he’ll need a good story to get in, let alone on a first ballot. It’ll depend on who retires, but seeing as though I can’t imagine too much crazy talent retiring this season, there shouldn’t be too much immediate competition, so it would just be competing with the talent of the past. Would be interesting if 3 All Pros, 8 PBs, 2 SBs, and a Historical Rushing attack could get him in on the first ballot.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

I think the rest of the season is essentially an audition for Mekari - he may get first crack at being Yanda's replacement if he holds up in place of Skura the rest of the season. Yanda's gonna be a big loss either way but between already having elite bookend tackles and the success we've had in player development at the offensive line positions, I still think EDGE and interior rusher is the biggest need we'll need to address this offseason, even moreso if we don't keep Judon. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

• 2 weeks later...