2019 Rookie Talk

DreamKid

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

lol @diamondbull424, at least he didn't go to a rival like Nick Chubb did last year right? Wasn't Miles Sanders your favorite HB from the class too? Eagles are snatching up your favorites. JJAWS-Goedert-Sanders. 

Sanders wasn’t my favorite runner, I’m still on the Bryce Love bandwagon. I think he’s a power rushing attack back and struggled running behind the zone blocking scheme that Stanford switched too. I compare Love to Priest Holmes and Jamaal Charles in that regard. He’s one of the small runners that aren’t a fit for a ZBS.

Besides that, I did like Miles Sanders as much as I love any back in this class. My biggest concern with him that made me back off of him in a big way is his fumbles. It’s one of my biggest pet peeves. But in terms of rushing ability alone, he’s second to none in the 2019 class. I think with the right coaching and inside of a good RB rotation, he becomes another Jonathan Stewart type of player.

Miles Boykin now under contract. We are ready to go.

It will be interesting to see where we stand injury wise and how hard the coaching staff will go on the new guys. I expect several veterans and Marquise Brown to sit out most of the first weeks.

3 hours ago, Danand said:

Miles Boykin now under contract. We are ready to go.

Yup. Let's see what this class has got.

I wish they'd let us access All-22 for preseason games this season. It's our best chance to look at some of these young guys.

Stuff like this is weird. Look, we all know Marquise will immediately be one of the fastest players in the NFL. He probably will be the second fastest to Tyreek Hill, but I know of no service that offers this kind of information. Especially for CFB, and I couldn't find a site or anything of substance on this analytics company. Maybe they aren't one of many bad actors within the space, maybe they are simply a young company building their brand. Who knows? I was going through some old stuff on Marquise though, and it just struck me as odd. 

• Like 2

One thing that struck me was the fact that Marquise Brown actually “looks” as fast as everyone says he is... Everyone says Perriman was fast but I never actually saw it in his running... Hollywood actually looks faster than I’d imagined and my expectations were high... In the last two years we drafted my favorite three offensive prospects Jackson.. Brown... and hill... I never imagined any of them would be available at our picks... Hill lasting to the 4th round is amazing to me but after his down year I guess I could understand it... But I watched everyone’s film of the top running backs... I don’t see how Hill wasn’t the top RB prospect in this draft... But either way I’m happy we got him...