So, the 2019 Chiefs...

Hunter2_1

How will they do this season?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. The 2019 Chiefs...

• They consolidate - either the first or second seed in the AFC, not dropping off
    • They drop off slightly - win at least 2 fewer games than last season
    • They drop off markedly - miss playoffs, and end up with a record around .500 or below

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Your credibility on this subject just went out the window if you're arguing that Kareem Hunt was a better RB than Jamaal Charles. Hunt wasn't even as good as prime Larry Johnson.

You're wrong on a lot of points here and in other threads (Morse was not close to our best OL and you didn't even know his name in another thread, Houston was a lesser pass rusher than Chris Jones, at minimum, and arguably Jones was the best player on our defense and the most productive pass rusher) but the bold is by far your worst take in a list of bad ones.

Get out of here with that garbage.

I was discounting Charles, although I will say that Charles never led the league in rushing, whereas Hunt did (before Mahomes even) but Larry Johnson?  Checkers not chess Larry Johnson?  Get outta here with that.  

But thanks to all of the Chiefs fans for proving my point for me.  I guess we'll see who is right in 2019.

12 hours ago, Nightime said:

Mahomes has dominated without those players. Injuries and the offense still put up 27 minimum. 

Damien Williams didn’t catch lightning in a bottle. He’s a KC RB. Those guys are always good. His speed is a perfect match for this offense. He racked up 265 yards in 2 playoff games along with 10 TD in 7 games.

He’s gonna have atleast 1000 yards next year. He’s that good

But MAHOMES IS ON THE COVER OF MADDEN.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

They aren't even the most complete roster in the AFC West. The chargers take that and it isn't particularly close.

With these expectations, you're setting yourself up for disaster.

Those odds are not for the most complete team in the league. They are for the teams who project to be the best teams. There's a difference.

Last year, the Chiefs were clearly one of the top 4 teams in the league (with the Saints, Rams and the Pats) and not the Chargers were a step below.  Now which team was the most complete team?

And I agree the Chargers will be more complete than the Chiefs again this year but not by much this time around and then the Chiefs will just be the better team.

I feel really strong about that, short of major injuries.

Anyone who believes the Chiefs are neck and neck with the Chargers heading into next year should put a nice bet against the Chiefs right away because you could make pretty good money with that if proven true. This is your chance.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

But thanks to all of the Chiefs fans for proving my point for me.  I guess we'll see who is right in 2019.

"All". There's like 1 homer in here making predictions lol so you have no point, now where's the reply to the rest of @Jakuvious post? Where Mitch "Morris" was our best olineman, etc? Opinions aside, you were flat out wrong on what you posted and thought you really had something going there and you got corrected so now we get lumped in with the homer so it's easier for you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We did take Hill away. 1 catch.

They still scored nearly 40 and we had to have 3rd down magic 3 times.

With Mahomes, you're in the hunt (no pun). But the bolded bit I certainly agree with. Don't think they can get stronger, but they certainly can get weaker

Right but the Patriots focusing on Hill so much opens up more offense. Without him when they take away Kelce, I don't think any of the other offensive players for the Chiefs are good enough. Even though Hill only had one catch, if you replay that game without Hill, the Chiefs would be struggling to score the entire game.

34 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Right but the Patriots focusing on Hill so much opens up more offense. Without him when they take away Kelce, I don't think any of the other offensive players for the Chiefs are good enough. Even though Hill only had one catch, if you replay that game without Hill, the Chiefs would be struggling to score the entire game.

Just in case you didn't know, the Chiefs put up 40 points and 450 yards on the Pats at Foxboro in October last year. But it's true that the Chiefs offense struggled badly in that first half of the playoffs game. They did score 31 points in the 2nd half though which is really a lot.

And then, ever heard of Sammy Watkins? Robinson and Hardman could do well this year too. Plus the RBs.

All in all, the Chiefs offense is definitly worse without Hill but not sure if by that much, especially that Hardman looks like he can be that deep threat.

Edited by Buckweath

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

"All". There's like 1 homer in here making predictions lol so you have no point, now where's the reply to the rest of @Jakuvious post? Where Mitch "Morris" was our best olineman, etc? Opinions aside, you were flat out wrong on what you posted and thought you really had something going there and you got corrected so now we get lumped in with the homer so it's easier for you.

I still maintain that Morse was the best ol on the chiefs last year, but I dont know anything.  I'm done with this convo.

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Schwartz

26 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I still maintain that Morse was the best ol on the chiefs last year, but I dont know anything.  I'm done with this convo.

At worst he was their 2nd best. They also lost 2 of their 3 best defenders. They lost their best secondary player.. also lost Berry who was the heart and soul of that defense and was showing strides of his old self towards end of the year. They will have a full season now without their best RB.

With Hunt Chiefs were 9-2 and in those 11 games, none under 330 yds.

Without Hunt Chiefs went 3-3 and had 2 of 6 games where they didnt even break 300 yds. Both where Home games.

Damian Williams is 27, already. Has played 5 seasons and never broke 300 yds rushing. Im not a football historian, so maybe someone can point to an occurence where a rb, after 5 years of sub 300 yds rushing... suddenly became even a top 15 rb and started having 1000 yd seasons in their 6th season and beyond. 

Buckweath keeps banking on this magical trade happening soon for a great CB (seems like a complete pipedream)

They might lose Hill... i personally think he plays all 16 games and it still wont matter. But if he does miss games. Your best WR will be a guy who hasnt broke 600 yds since 2015.

All this with teams now knowing some of Mahomes nuisances (never assume a play is dead type coverage and more outside containment.) Stuff defenses began being better prepared for against Rodgers. Honestly with all that info. If not for the Mahomes magic from last year, most would predict Chiefs to finish 3rd and 4th in their division.

Completely unbiased question for anyone. Take away all 32 teams qb scenarios. Can you think of more than 5 teams in worst position for 2019 Than KC? If so, who? I know QB is a big part of it. But you need more than a QB. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

The offense WILL fall off a good bit, not only because of loss of weapons, but historically great offenses almost never improve or even come close after a historic seasons for a variety of reasons. GSOT being one of the few exceptions, as they maintained a historically good offense for 3 years. With the loss of Hill, I just don't see that being the case here.

However, if Mahomes is the real deal (a top flight QB), I think they'll be fine and still in the running for the 1 seed. In this case offense falls off a little bit, but improved defense makes up for it.

54 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

At worst he was their 2nd best. They also lost 2 of their 3 best defenders. They lost their best secondary player.. also lost Berry who was the heart and soul of that defense and was showing strides of his old self towards end of the year. They will have a full season now without their best RB.

At this point you guys are just trolling lol he wasn't 2nd best either. Dr Larry is easily that behind Schwartz and Reiter was rated higher than Morse. 

Ffs Berry hasn't been Berry for 2 years so you can stop with that nonsense too. He wasn't showing "strides", you pulled that outta your hind end. He was there, then he wasn't, there then he wasnt. Day to day became the joke amongst the fanbase. He had one good half against the Chargers but all but disappeared. And he's not on a roster right now is he? Nope. We lost Houston who hasn't been the same since injury with a crazy high price tag. He could set the edge and bull rush but that's about where that ended. Ford had a good season but couldn't set an edge, at all, and finally put it together in a contract year, yes he played well overall. We replaced him with Clark who had the same amount of sacks with 100 less attempts. 

Can we stop with the misinformation? There's reasons to think we won't be top notch and that's fine but this need to post the same crap all over despite being told over and over is just plain foolish. It's like you're trying to convince yourself. 

54 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

At this point you guys are just trolling lol he wasn't 2nd best either. Dr Larry is easily that behind Schwartz and Reiter was rated higher than Morse. 

Ffs Berry hasn't been Berry for 2 years so you can stop with that nonsense too. He wasn't showing "strides", you pulled that outta your hind end. He was there, then he wasn't, there then he wasnt. Day to day became the joke amongst the fanbase. He had one good half against the Chargers but all but disappeared. And he's not on a roster right now is he? Nope. We lost Houston who hasn't been the same since injury with a crazy high price tag. He could set the edge and bull rush but that's about where that ended. Ford had a good season but couldn't set an edge, at all, and finally put it together in a contract year, yes he played well overall. We replaced him with Clark who had the same amount of sacks with 100 less attempts. 

Can we stop with the misinformation? There's reasons to think we won't be top notch and that's fine but this need to post the same crap all over despite being told over and over is just plain foolish. It's like you're trying to convince yourself. 

Actually Morse graded out higher than Laurante. Yes Rieter graded out higher than Morse, based on PFF rating. But he played 4 games to Morse 11. You had more rushing yds per game, first 6 games with Morse playing with Hunt then you did you with Rieter playing 4 games with Hunt. 

Houston has been a more disruptive and a game changer than Okafor ever has. 85.7 for Houston and 69.1 for Okafor. Say what you want about PFF's grades. But i will take their 3rd party assessment over bias fans who love to paint everything with an optimistic brush.

FORD
Dee Ford VS Frank Clark 
CLARK

8.9 Pass Rush Productivity 8.7
15 Sacks 13
17 QB Hits 13
45 Hurries 38
518 Pass Rush Snaps 441

Berry was playing better end of the season, when he did actually play. He isnt signed because of the injury concerns. Which yes kept him in and out of the lineup at the end. But you wont find many past post of KC fans complaining about his play when he was in the lineup. 

Nelson was your best CB. Tyrann was a nice add. But he isnt the same Tyrann he was a couple years ago with Arizona.

Your best current defender is yet to report to OTAs. Not sure if he will hold out until a contract extension is done or not.

Ogbah, Ndami and Xavier are JAGs. Nowhere close to forming what someone on here claims will be amongst the best dlines in the NFL. 

I'm not needing to convince myself. I am convinced. I'm just trying to bring some levity to this unbearable homerisim and insane levels of optimisim by SOME Chiefs fans. It really is nauseating. This coming from a homer myself.

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Actually Morse graded out higher than Laurante. Yes Rieter graded out higher than Morse, based on PFF rating. But he played 4 games to Morse 11. You had more rushing yds per game, first 6 games with Morse playing with Hunt then you did you with Rieter playing 4 games with Hunt. 

Houston has been a more disruptive and a game changer than Okafor ever has. 85.7 for Houston and 69.1 for Okafor. Say what you want about PFF's grades. But i will take their 3rd party assessment over bias fans who love to paint everything with an optimistic brush.

FORD
Dee Ford VS Frank Clark 
CLARK

8.9 Pass Rush Productivity 8.7
15 Sacks 13
17 QB Hits 13
45 Hurries 38
518 Pass Rush Snaps 441

Berry was playing better end of the season, when he did actually play. He isnt signed because of the injury concerns. Which yes kept him in and out of the lineup at the end. But you wont find many past post of KC fans complaining about his play when he was in the lineup. 

Nelson was your best CB. Tyrann was a nice add. But he isnt the same Tyrann he was a couple years ago with Arizona.

Your best current defender is yet to report to OTAs. Not sure if he will hold out until a contract extension is done or not.

Ogbah, Ndami and Xavier are JAGs. Nowhere close to forming what someone on here claims will be amongst the best dlines in the NFL. 

I'm not needing to convince myself. I am convinced. I'm just trying to bring some levity to this unbearable homerisim and insane levels of optimisim by SOME Chiefs fans. It really is nauseating. This coming from a homer myself.

Just spewing bull**** all over, we can only laugh. 

Berry was not good upon his return.He had maybe one half of good play and the rest was average to bad. He had exactly zero impact but we did think he would have an impact.

Kendall Fuller was the Chiefs' best CB. You'd have trouble finding even only one Chiefs fan who thinks Nelson is/was better. I think Nelson is a decent CB though.

There's pretty much zero concern that Jones will be signed before the season starts. There won't be any hold out. Everyone loves him and Veach is absolutely willing to pay him especially now that the Hill's money looks like it might not be spent.

Nnadi had a nice rookie season and looks like a player on the rise who could be really solid this year (once again you prove you are clueless). Xavier is a solid backup D-tackle who is arguably good enough to start as a run stuffer. Ogbah I guess could be considered a JAG but I don't know that he is a bad depth player.

The Chiefs D-line will definitly be one of the best in the league this year. They have a strong starting unit and strong depth. There's a reason Brett Veach and his personnel recently said they were looking at the D-line and smiling. Indeed, you look at it and it is loaded and young (on the rise).

Edited by Buckweath