So, the 2019 Chiefs...

Hunter2_1

How will they do this season?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. The 2019 Chiefs...

• They consolidate - either the first or second seed in the AFC, not dropping off
    • They drop off slightly - win at least 2 fewer games than last season
    • They drop off markedly - miss playoffs, and end up with a record around .500 or below

26 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Even if he throws fewer interceptible passes, he is still likely to throw more interceptions than the 12 he had last year, since more of his interceptible passes will likely be picked off this year.

Here's a good stream of his dropped INTs last year: https://[LINK ERROR]/nxsux

But an improved quarterback will likely throw fewer interceptible passes to begin with. 

For example: He could go from 21 interceptible passes to 17 interceptible. Instead of 10 drops, he gets 5, and his INT total remains at 12. 

And hopefully with an improved defense, he doesn’t have to make 600 passing attempts, further lowering the chance of an interception. 

Edited by Nightime
  • Like 1

The expectation is that Mahomes will throw a bit less TDs but be more efficient this year. But sure, he could be throwing around 15 INTs.

You look at Andrew Luck's stats last year. 4600 yards, 39 TDs and 15 INTs and he was a top 5 QB in the league.

I would expect Mahomes to have close to those stats and probably better.

25 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Yeah man, then throw in Casey Hayward and Desmond King. I don't see any other secondary on paper that stacks up with LA.

The Ravens for one do stack up with LA.

But why did you even bring the topic of the Chargers' secondary?

28 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

The Ravens for one do stack up with LA.

But why did you even bring the topic of the Chargers' secondary?

Because thats what the majority of the conversation was about on the last page? 

Mahomes regression and a trash KC defense equates to Chargers winning division

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

Because thats what the majority of the conversation was about on the last page? 

Mahomes regression and a trash KC defense equates to Chargers winning division

KC won the division last year with a defense that gave up 26ppg (even Brees can’t win with that) and a first year quarterback 

Both areas should be improved. The Chargers had a nice team in 2018, but won alot of close games. I see regression in LA as they won’t be as lucky this year

In the end, the best QB/coach combo will win the AFC West...again.

1 hour ago, Nightime said:

KC won the division last year with a defense that gave up 26ppg (even Brees can’t win with that) and a first year quarterback 

Both areas should be improved. The Chargers had a nice team in 2018, but won alot of close games. I see regression in LA as they won’t be as lucky this year

In the end, the best QB/coach combo will win the AFC West...again.

If by regression you mean winning less games, that is definitly a possibility for the Chargers but IMO, their team projects to be just as good as last year. I see 10-12 wins for them.

The Chiefs will just be really good this year. 

The Chargers have a chance to win the division but the Chiefs are rightly heavy favorites.

23 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Chargers secondary > any other secondary in the NFL

I don't disagree with this. Derwin James and Nasir Adderley might become the best S tandem in the NFL by week six - very similar to the Kam Chancellor/Earl Thomas pairing (with James being better than Kam and Nasir not being as good as ET, of course).

Tack on two really good CBs in King and Hayward, and add in a relentless pass rush with Bosa and Ingram? That's pretty damn good, better than anyone on paper IMO.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't disagree with this. Derwin James and Nasir Adderley might become the best S tandem in the NFL by week six - very similar to the Kam Chancellor/Earl Thomas pairing (with James being better than Kam and Nasir not being as good as ET, of course).

Tack on two really good CBs in King and Hayward, and add in a relentless pass rush with Bosa and Ingram? That's pretty damn good, better than anyone on paper IMO.

Telesco is a ******* good GM. Since Dorsey left the AFC West (thank god), he has been far and away the best GM in the division.

• Like 1