So, the 2019 Chiefs...

Hunter2_1

How will they do this season?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. The 2019 Chiefs...

• They consolidate - either the first or second seed in the AFC, not dropping off
    • They drop off slightly - win at least 2 fewer games than last season
    • They drop off markedly - miss playoffs, and end up with a record around .500 or below

15 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Nuk, OBJ

To get hill into the top 3 you have to say hes better than 2 of those 4 (spoiler, he aint)  After those 4, there is the 2nd group vying for #5, of which Hill isnt better than, but at least you can make an argument that he belongs in the discussion and on that tier.  My personal #5 would be cantguardmike but you could make a case for Mike Evans, Adam Thielen, Keenan Allen.  Hill firmly sits behind those 8 at best.  Hill top 10?  Sure that I can buy.  Top 5? No effin way.

Well, I am in the group that would probably take Tyreek over any WR for next year, as long as I don't have a burger at QB. If I did, I would take Nuk, and probably Julio and Odell.

If we want to be super specific, I mean Tyreek as a football player. If you want to classify it as who is a better classic WR, then by all means. But imo Tyreek is the most dangerous offensive weapon in football (non-QB)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Well, I am in the group that would probably take Tyreek over any WR for next year, as long as I don't have a burger at QB. If I did, I would take Nuk, and probably Julio and Odell.

If we want to be super specific, I mean Tyreek as a football player. If you want to classify it as who is a better classic WR, then by all means. But imo Tyreek is the most dangerous offensive weapon in football (non-QB)

If you want to say bc of what Tyreek does to an offense and how he forces defenses to play different against him, you could say you'd rather have him.  The "rather have him" argument is very much subjective.  You however CAN NOT call him top 5 WR bc he sure as hell aint.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

If you want to say bc of what Tyreek does to an offense and how he forces defenses to play different against him, you could say you'd rather have him.  The "rather have him" argument is very much subjective.  You however CAN NOT call him top 5 WR bc he sure as hell aint.

Did you miss the poll where many fans picked Hill over OBJ?

I've got news for you. Many people consider Hill a top 5 WR.

I am not expecting this but after next season, it is not out of question that he could be considered the best WR in all of football. He has a chance.

2 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Did you miss the poll where many fans picked Hill over OBJ?

I've got news for you. Many people consider Hill a top 5 WR.

I am not expecting this but after next season, it is not out of question that he could be considered the best WR in all of football. He has a chance.

Do I give a damn what some fan poll said?  No, no I dont.

As to the 2nd part? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahah

No wait

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

23 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:
31 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

tbh I can say whatever I want, I don't need to run my opinions through you, but I appreciate you looking out for me!

I will go further and say if we had a 1 season draft of any skill position on offense (WR, HB, TE) I would take Tyreek top 5. 

• Like 1

Hill is most dangerous WR, because of his speed. He still isnt a great route runner, doesnt break tackles and doesnt really make people miss with elusiveness. He is just small and fast. In 2018 he improved on being able to go up and make contested catches in traffic. If you want dangerous, Hill is your guy. If you want complete WR, he's around top 8 to 10

1/4 of Hills games accounted for 75% of his tds. Also 43% of his yds. That kinda spells hit and miss.

16 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Hill is most dangerous WR, because of his speed. He still isnt a great route runner, doesnt break tackles and doesnt really make people miss with elusiveness. He is just small and fast. In 2018 he improved on being able to go up and make contested catches in traffic. If you want dangerous, Hill is your guy. If you want complete WR, he's around top 8 to 10

1/4 of Hills games accounted for 75% of his tds. Also 43% of his yds. That kinda spells hit and miss.

Tyreek Hill not elusive? That’s an odd observation 

If Hill was mere straight line speed he wouldn’t be an All-Pro player. Straight line burners are a dime a dozen in the NFL (like Hardman and John Ross)

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Nuk, OBJ

To get hill into the top 3 you have to say hes better than 2 of those 4 (spoiler, he aint)  After those 4, there is the 2nd group vying for #5, of which Hill isnt better than, but at least you can make an argument that he belongs in the discussion and on that tier.  My personal #5 would be cantguardmike but you could make a case for Mike Evans, Adam Thielen, Keenan Allen.  Hill firmly sits behind those 8 at best.  Hill top 10?  Sure that I can buy.  Top 5? No effin way.

Yeah and Tyreek at 5. 

Mike Evans? are you high or something.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Hes a fantastic route runner, and gets better every year, progressing toward elite status at it. and he's not a running back so breaking tackles while a nice attribute isn't necessary.

his hands are elite, and his ability to high point a football is impressive at 5'9.(he can dunk a basketball on a NBA COURT) He hits top gear in one step and can turn on a dime at full speed.

His size takes away from his redzone ability, requires some creativity there, but the only reason why he's "hit and miss" is because he's double covered all game. And like we discussed Mahomes is careful and would rather scan the field and find the open man. He also missed Tyreek on a few deep routes, yes the NFL has plenty of room for improvement.

He puts the fear in opposing defenses, and keeps Defensive Coordinators and backs up at night. He opens up this offense in a big way, and if you're not careful, will take it to the house on every play. 

Edited by Chiefer

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Hill is top 5. 

He is the only receiver in football you can't cover with a single DB even if he is a lockdown DB.

I.liked Belichecks strategy. Stick a 4.3 corner to follow him around and a safety, sometimes two. The openings are real narrow and Mahomes would rather go elsewhere see: Sammy Watkins.

You just have to devote your defense to him and be prepared for a marathon.

3 hours ago, Nightime said:

Tyreek Hill not elusive? That’s an odd observation 

If Hill was mere straight line speed he wouldn’t be an All-Pro player. Straight line burners are a dime a dozen in the NFL (like Hardman and John Ross)

Dante Hall is elusive. Guys like OBJ, Keenan, Nuk are elusive. Not Dante elusive. I might be missing some plays but i dont recall Tyreek really elluding defenders with agility like jukes, cut backs, spins, etc.  More so with angles and speed.

8 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Dante Hall is elusive. Guys like OBJ, Keenan, Nuk are elusive. Not Dante elusive. I might be missing some plays but i dont recall Tyreek really elluding defenders with agility like jukes, cut backs, spins, etc.  More so with angles and speed.

Just so I got it: Mahomes can't make difficult throws and is about to regress in a big way, DWill is a JAG, Tyreek is a straight line speed guy, wide receivers aren't very good, we have a gimmicky system that's about to get exposed, defense = bad and we're going 7-9.

How did we win 12 games last year?  I get the division rivalry thing but dude you're just a hater at this point 😂

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846375-nfls-clearing-of-tyreek-hill-opens-road-to-potentially-historic-chiefs-season  

"Now, Hill is back, Hardman is around to bolster a roster already deep at the skill positions, and a team with maybe the most athletic offense in football is even more dangerous. Kansas City's attack has the potential to be so explosive that some teams' personnel men told B/R they believe the single-season scoring record of 606 points, set by the Peyton Manning-led Broncos in 2013, could fall."

DAMMNN...I am actually expecting a slight regression but I don't think it's out of question that the Chiefs' offense could be equal or better than last year. And yes I do know about all those statistics.

Edited by Buckweath