So, the 2019 Chiefs...

Hunter2_1

How will they do this season?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. The 2019 Chiefs...

• They consolidate - either the first or second seed in the AFC, not dropping off
    • They drop off slightly - win at least 2 fewer games than last season
    • They drop off markedly - miss playoffs, and end up with a record around .500 or below

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

I went with Option 2. I wonder if Mahomes can live up to how well he did last year or not. 

I expect him to regress statistically but also to be still among the best QBs in the league. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, thedorchannel said:

Mahomes is pretty much a god right now.  A few pieces gone from the puzzle won't affect this team that much.

I think the loss of Tyreek Hill will change the puzzle entirely. He was that much of a difference maker.

I don't think Mahomes will be bad or anything, but I definitely don't see him replicating, or even coming close, frankly, to his 5000+ yards, 50 TD season.

• Like 2

Man, people are sleeping on the Chiefs.

This is their year. They will be fielding a powerhouse. Chiefs fans always knew that 2019 was to be their real chance, granted they could have gone all the way this past season too.

The offense very likely will take a small step back but the defense will be much improved. People cannot put last year's defense out of their mind but it will be a totally different defense with a ton of new players and a new coaching staff. It's just a different defense. There's no using last year's defense to project what it will be this year.

You can never be sure about a Superbowl because any one game, any given Sunday, but I'm real confident that this Chiefs team will be great. 12+ wins for sure unless there is a major injury.

Do people even know that the Chiefs are right now top 2 SB odds favorites and heavy odds favorites to win the AFC West? 

I mean I'm reading the comments and clearly some of you dont see how great a team KC is/will be this season.

Andy Reid saying to Dwayne Bowe this year feels different. 

We will see.

Edited by Buckweath

The Chiefs are basically co-favorites with the Pats to win the SB and I would say the reason the Pats are equal is because they have an easier schedule, easier division and obviously have as such and on top of that the massive advantage of having good chances of having the AFC playoffs go through Foxboro.

I have a ton of respect for the Pats and the best HC-QB should always be considered to be a favorite to win it all.

Having said that, the Chiefs could definitly miss the SB as we know how hard it is to get there but anyone who doesnt see that this is about to be an even better team than last year is in for a surprise.

All about Hill. I picked the middle option but in reality, if Hill is gone, that offense goes from elite to average IMO. He was the best offensive weapon in the NFL last year, easily. Without Hill, Kelce is game planned against and you're relying on average WRs - Mahomes will look like a completely different QB without Hill.

It depends on the Hill situation. I don't think we will lose him. He might get a suspension, but we would get him back for the end of the year. I don't think we're cutting him, since the situation looks confusing. It's likely that it won't be possible to determine the guilty person. Unfortunately.

If Mahomes stays healthy i think we're able to finish 11-5 including a 8-game suspension for Hill, just because Reid is a really good coach, especially in the regular season as he has proven countless of times.

If Hill will just face a small or no suspension i think everything is possible. We have to see how the transition of the defense is getting along, but i'm feeling ok with our offseason in that regard. We're not going to be a top defense, but it could be enough to progress just a little bit.

19 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

All about Hill. I picked the middle option but in reality, if Hill is gone, that offense goes from elite to average IMO. He was the best offensive weapon in the NFL last year, easily. Without Hill, Kelce is game planned against and you're relying on average WRs - Mahomes will look like a completely different QB without Hill.

The decline wouldn't be that drastic. 

KC would still be a top 10 offense without Hill. Mahomes is the kind of QB who can offset supporting cast issues and Reid is one of the best play-callers when it comes to maximizing the talent he has. 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2019 at 9:45 PM, Buckweath said:

Man, people are sleeping on the Chiefs.

I don't think so - some of us look at the defense and don't see much change. Even though it's a bunch of new names, it's all new names on paper, nobody can really say if it's better or the same. You also have a hard charging Chargers squad that proved it could beat KC heads up. 

So much of this is also contingent on Tyreek Hill - pretty much any team that loses their #1 weapon sees a steep decline in what they can do, whether it be the Steelers, Patriots or any other AFC stalwart. You can assume that the offense will continue down such a presence, but nobody else is going to buy that until it's seen first-hand. 

I'm more or less holding out until I see that defense first hand, as well as what a Tyreek-less offense. Even without seeing either, I'm quick to say that KC is a top 3-5 team. That's pretty much being "woke" on a team.

Take is a slight if you must.