So, the 2019 Chiefs...

Hunter2_1

How will they do this season?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. The 2019 Chiefs...

• They consolidate - either the first or second seed in the AFC, not dropping off
    • They drop off slightly - win at least 2 fewer games than last season
    • They drop off markedly - miss playoffs, and end up with a record around .500 or below

35 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Just spewing bull**** all over, we can only laugh. 

Berry was not good upon his return.He had maybe one half of good play and the rest was average to bad. He had exactly zero impact but we did think he would have an impact.

Kendall Fuller was the Chiefs' best CB. You'd have trouble finding even only one Chiefs fan who thinks Nelson is/was better. I think Nelson is a decent CB though.

There's pretty much zero concern that Jones will be signed before the season starts. There won't be any hold out. Everyone loves him and Veach is absolutely willing to pay him especially now that the Hill's money looks like it might not be spent.

Nnadi had a nice rookie season and looks like a player on the rise who could be really solid this year (once again you prove you are clueless). Xavier is a solid backup D-tackle who is arguably good enough to start as a run stuffer. Ogbah I guess could be considered a JAG but I don't know that he is a bad depth player.

The Chiefs D-line will definitly be one of the best in the league this year. They have a strong starting unit and strong depth. There's a reason Brett Veach and his personnel recently said they were looking at the D-line and smiling. Indeed, you look at it and it is loaded and young (on the rise).

You really are so out of touch with reality. Fans of your own team call you out on it. At this point you have very little credability. Nelson had more picks, more pds and better coverage numbers. He was the best CB you had.

No matter how much of a homer spin you want to put on it, Okafor, Ogbah, Xavier and Ndami are just JAGs and that is best case scenario. Outside of Jones and Clark you have no real quality players in your entire front 7. Throw in Tyrann if he continues to play well enough, those are the only 3 players on your entire defense who can be considered quality. Thornhill could turnout to be good. Fuller is solid but not a real high quality DB. The fact that you think your defense has the makeup of a top 10 unit and you try to mention it with some of the best defenses in the league is alarming and concerning.

Nothing says Chiefs' dline will be anywhere close to the best in the league. Your depth is just jags, like every other teams depth. Half your starters are jags.

So your confidence comes from the gm and coaches being vocally positive about a team unit? Really? Hahahahaha. Find me a coach and gm who preseason isnt optimistic, smiling and pimping their units and players.

Just stop guy. If you have long plans of posting on this board, you are putting yourself in a bad position for the future with your insane.... i mean INSANE levels of homerisim. You need some etiquette on wavering expectations. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

You really are so out of touch with reality. Fans of your own team call you out on it. At this point you have very little credability. Nelson had more picks, more pds and better coverage numbers. He was the best CB you had.

No matter how much of a homer spin you want to put on it, Okafor, Ogbah, Xavier and Ndami are just JAGs and that is best case scenario. Outside of Jones and Clark you have no real quality players in your entire front 7. Throw in Tyrann if he continues to play well enough, those are the only 3 players on your entire defense who can be considered quality. Thornhill could turnout to be good. Fuller is solid but not a real high quality DB. The fact that you think your defense has the makeup of a top 10 unit and you try to mention it with some of the best defenses in the league is alarming and concerning.

Nothing says Chiefs' dline will be anywhere close to the best in the league. Your depth is just jags, like every other teams depth. Half your starters are jags.

So your confidence comes from the gm and coaches being vocally positive about a team unit? Really? Hahahahaha. Find me a coach and gm who preseason isnt optimistic, smiling and pimping their units and players.

Just stop guy. If you have long plans of posting on this board, you are putting yourself in a bad position for the future with your insane.... i mean INSANE levels of homerisim. You need some etiquette on wavering expectations. 

I can't believe I'm siding with a chargers fan this strongly, but you've been pretty much spot on. 

The Chiefs defense is entirely a projection after they were pretty bad last year. And you can't count on an offense to be historically good to carry a bad unit. Especially when their most dangerous skill position player potentially could be suspended/barred from the league.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I was discounting Charles, although I will say that Charles never led the league in rushing, whereas Hunt did (before Mahomes even) but Larry Johnson?  Checkers not chess Larry Johnson?  Get outta here with that.  

But thanks to all of the Chiefs fans for proving my point for me.  I guess we'll see who is right in 2019.

Such a desperate reach to justify a terrible argument.

LJ had back to back 2000 YFS seasons. His peak was incredibly short-lived, as we very quickly ran him into the ground with his playstyle and workload, but his peak was fantastic.

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I still maintain that Morse was the best ol on the chiefs last year, but I dont know anything.  I'm done with this convo.

Schwartz is arguably the best RT in football. Up there, at least. I won't pretend to be that well-versed in the state of RT rankings around the league. But he was a first team all-pro, PFF's top offensive linemen IIRC. Morse was nowhere near that. Morse had a fairly average, and injury riddled season, last year. On par with LDT. And honestly less impressive than Fisher's year last year (and PFF supports that, if we count that for anything.)

I've seen good posts from you in the past. But when it comes to the 2018 Chiefs, honestly, yeah, it seems like you don't know anything.

Also regarding the chargers being "paper champs", they added Tillery, who I loved coming out, given how he played prior to the labrum tear. Adderley was linked to us heavily and I studied him heavily. I loved him, but he was redundant with both Joseph and Joyner, but will fit very well along with Derwin. Those 2 moves alone with a healthy Hunter Henry are enough to elevate what was already a pretty good chargers team.

Hard to see a lot of weaknesses on that team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Also regarding the chargers being "paper champs", they added Tillery, who I loved coming out, given how he played prior to the labrum tear. Adderley was linked to us heavily and I studied him heavily. I loved him, but he was redundant with both Joseph and Joyner, but will fit very well along with Derwin. Those 2 moves alone with a healthy Hunter Henry are enough to elevate what was already a pretty good chargers team.

Hard to see a lot of weaknesses on that team.

They were “way better” than KC last year too.

3 minutes ago, Nightime said:

They were “way better” than KC last year too.

Did I say that?

The difference between you and me is that I have literally no motive. I'm calling it how I see it. 

You sound so insecure. 

I'm allowed to voice my opinion on 2 teams offseason. I did the same on the Colts and I got similar responses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Nelson was not a better CB than Fuller. He just wasn't. He was asked to do less and did a worse job of it. I liked Nelson, wish we could have kept him, and think he'll be a good pickup for the Steelers. But he was not our best CB last year. Nelson is, as you say, JAG.

Yeah, a lot of our DL depth are JAGs. You kind of need that, though. Great 4-3 DLs are not typically built on 4 elite starters. You look at the Giants teams Spags had the most success with, it wasn't just Strahan and Tuck, you also needed the mid-level performances from Kiwanuka and Cofield and Alford and Robbins. You need a couple great guys and then some guys that can just occasionally win that one on one. No one is saying or predicting that Ogbah or Okafor will be Houston. No one expects Nnadi to do as much as Jones. But they're guys that on a rotation will be able to produce when Clark and/or Jones are drawing the double teams. You don't need 10 sacks out of all 4 starters to have a strong DL. you need 10 - 15 out of 1 or 2 guys, then you need a handful of guys with 3-6, and then a few blitzers with some extra sacks here and there. Okafor averages 4-5 sacks a year? Perfect! Ogbah will get another 4-5 off the bench? Sounds about right.

Those JAGs are what we didn't have the past couple of years. We had Houston. We had Ford. We had Jones. If that trio did not get there, we had nothing. If one of that trio needed a breather, too bad. If one of that trio went down, we were screwed. Why Chiefs fans are excited about the DL is because while our top tier is weaker, we have depth. Maybe they're just okay linemen. But that's depth. We had years of Sutton defenses with crazy talented front 7s that fell apart the second someone got injured or tired because there was no one behind them.

49 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

The Chargers are a complete football team but they don't really scare me. KC puts fear into me.

Which is understandable for a NE fan. KC has had more success vs NE than LAC has. Plus, i think most people have the last NE vs LAC game in their mouth. Which i get, as i am a proprietor of believing the most recent matchup is the best indicator of upcoming matchups. The difference in this case is Chargers abundance if injuries on Defense forced them to play a bad defensive gameplan. Most games with NE vs LAC outside of 07 regular season and this last one have all been close. Chargers on the backend. But that doesnt equate to who the better team is. KC just plays better vs NE.

53 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Nelson was not a better CB than Fuller. He just wasn't. He was asked to do less and did a worse job of it. I liked Nelson, wish we could have kept him, and think he'll be a good pickup for the Steelers. But he was not our best CB last year. Nelson is, as you say, JAG.

Yeah, a lot of our DL depth are JAGs. You kind of need that, though. Great 4-3 DLs are not typically built on 4 elite starters. You look at the Giants teams Spags had the most success with, it wasn't just Strahan and Tuck, you also needed the mid-level performances from Kiwanuka and Cofield and Alford and Robbins. You need a couple great guys and then some guys that can just occasionally win that one on one. No one is saying or predicting that Ogbah or Okafor will be Houston. No one expects Nnadi to do as much as Jones. But they're guys that on a rotation will be able to produce when Clark and/or Jones are drawing the double teams. You don't need 10 sacks out of all 4 starters to have a strong DL. you need 10 - 15 out of 1 or 2 guys, then you need a handful of guys with 3-6, and then a few blitzers with some extra sacks here and there. Okafor averages 4-5 sacks a year? Perfect! Ogbah will get another 4-5 off the bench? Sounds about right.

Those JAGs are what we didn't have the past couple of years. We had Houston. We had Ford. We had Jones. If that trio did not get there, we had nothing. If one of that trio needed a breather, too bad. If one of that trio went down, we were screwed. Why Chiefs fans are excited about the DL is because while our top tier is weaker, we have depth. Maybe they're just okay linemen. But that's depth. We had years of Sutton defenses with crazy talented front 7s that fell apart the second someone got injured or tired because there was no one behind them.

We will agree to disagree. I sincerely felt Nelson was better and he had the better numbers to back it.

Jags as depth is standard. If you think about it. You got rid of Bailey, Dee and Houston and added Frank, Okafor and Ogbah. Would you really say the latter is better than the prior? Every fan should be excited for the upcoming season. But making wild statements like they will be the best or amongst the best in the league is not excitement. It's unfounded delusions. Then saying your secondary is about to be as good as possibly the best secondary in the NFL, is another far fetched homer rant (not you, but another KC fan said that)

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Did I say that?

The difference between you and me is that I have literally no motive. I'm calling it how I see it. 

You sound so insecure. 

I'm allowed to voice my opinion on 2 teams offseason. I did the same on the Colts and I got similar responses.

I follow NFL trends.

If Rivers was actually a “great QB” he’d win the division but he hasn’t won it since 2009. Great QBs win their division, no “its” or “buts” about it

I won’t see the Chargers as contenders until I see them make it past the Divisional, and I’m a pessimistic Chiefs fan

KC also wasn’t a contender until 2018 in my eyes. But an elite QB changes everything, and that is something the Chargers still lack. That “edge” that Mahomes provides

Edited by Nightime

58 minutes ago, Nightime said:

I follow NFL trends.

If Rivers was actually a “great QB” he’d win the division but he hasn’t won it since 2009. Great QBs win their division, no “its” or “buts” about it

I won’t see the Chargers as contenders until I see them make it past the Divisional, and I’m a pessimistic Chiefs fan

KC also wasn’t a contender until 2018 in my eyes. But an elite QB changes everything, and that is something the Chargers still lack. That “edge” that Mahomes provides

Rivers had won his division as many times as KC has in the last 15 years. Since when does winning the division qualify a great qb?

When Mahomes does what Rivers has for 12 plus years, then you can claim he is a great qb. Having 1 great year does not make someone great. There is no edge there.

Your qb won 1 playoff game, same amount as Rivers last year. If not for a tie breaker, i doubt the 5th seed Chiefs would of beat Baltimore on the road. You are nowhere near pessimistic. You have been 1 of the 2 biggest homers of the Chiefs.  Also Rivers made it past the divisional round already.... sooo, there goes that weird argument. 

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Rivers had won his division as many times as KC has in the last 15 years. Since when does winning the division qualify a great qb?

When Mahomes does what Rivers has for 12 plus years, then you can claim he is a great qb. Having 1 great year does not make someone great. There is no edge there.

Your qb won 1 playoff game, same amount as Rivers last year. If not for a tie breaker, i doubt the 5th seed Chiefs would of beat Baltimore on the road. You are nowhere near pessimistic. You have been 1 of the 2 biggest homers of the Chiefs.  Also Rivers made it past the divisional round already.... sooo, there goes that weird argument. 

The gall to call himself pessimistic... lmao