So, the 2019 Chiefs...

Hunter2_1

How will they do this season?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. The 2019 Chiefs...

• They consolidate - either the first or second seed in the AFC, not dropping off
    • They drop off slightly - win at least 2 fewer games than last season
    • They drop off markedly - miss playoffs, and end up with a record around .500 or below

37 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

But that's not what we're talking about. We asked about your CB depth chart, which is hilariously bad. We'll see if it cripples your team or if you're able to overcome it, but you have to admit your CB group looks putrid. Unless you ask @Buckweath, because you're going to trade for a top flight CB. So just chalk that up as a win for KC.

Last year LAC had better Receivers, Corners, RBs, DLine, Linebackers, and Defensive Backs. Did it matter?

No, because KC had the better QB/coach. That’s not changing in 2019 either. KC relies on an MVP quarterback, whereas the Chargers rely on their other position groups being superior.

So far, KC has had the upper hand.

Edited by Nightime

9 minutes ago, Nightime said:

Last year LAC had better Receivers, Corners, RBs, DLine, Linebackers, and Defensive Backs. Did it matter?

No, because KC had the better QB/coach. That’s not changing in 2019 either. KC relies on an MVP quarterback, whereas the Chargers rely on their other position groups being superior.

Ummm no. No we did not.

You could argue that we had better RB Depth, but Hunt is at least as good if not better than Gordon.

Hill/Watkins/Conley + Kelce at TE is definitely much better than Keenan/M. Williams/T. Williams and washed up Gates.

Now in 2019 I would argue that we might be better now. The Chiefs will no longer have Hunt and Tyreek will be missing at least a significant portion of the season. We will be getting Hunter Henry back.

7 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Ummm no. No we did not.

You could argue that we had better RB Depth, but Hunt is at least as good if not better than Gordon.

Hill/Watkins/Conley + Kelce at TE is definitely much better than Keenan/M. Williams/T. Williams and washed up Gates.

Now in 2019 I would argue that we might be better now. The Chiefs will no longer have Hunt and Tyreek will be missing at least a significant portion of the season. We will be getting Hunter Henry back.

I heard from almost everyone that LAC had superior weapons to KC last year. 

Of course, when Mahomes destroyed the league, the excuse was “well, he just has the best weapons,” but that was not what we heard prior to his MVP performance 

It’s amazing. We allowed 26ppg on defense (our offense only scored 25ppg in 2017!) yet still had a better team. Even Brees can’t make the playoffs under those circumstances

33 minutes ago, Nightime said:

17 minutes ago, Nightime said:

I heard from almost everyone that LAC had superior weapons to KC last year. 

Of course, when Mahomes destroyed the league, the excuse was “well, he just has the best weapons,” but that was not what we heard prior to his MVP performance 

It’s amazing. We allowed 26ppg on defense (our offense only scored 25ppg in 2017!) yet still had a better team. Even Brees can’t make the playoffs under those circumstances

I don't remember reading that.

But yeah there is a reason the Chiefs offense was miles better than the Chargers' last year. They had the better QB, the better receiving corps, the better Oline and the better coach.

This year, if Hill doesnt play the Chargers have probably a slightly better receiving group but Mahomes, the Oline and Reid will make that Chiefs offense again way better than the Chargers'.

On 5/18/2019 at 8:05 AM, ET80 said:

- I see a slight regression from Pat Mahomes; Nothing horrible, it's just not every day you see 5,000/50 from someone. 

- Tyreek Hill will be released once the NFL suspends him for the year. We'll never see him play football again.

- The defense is still not necessarily what a team needs. Weekly shootouts are still the norm.

- 11-5 to 9-7 is their range, but they're #2 in the division behind LA. It should be good for the #5 spot, but I'm expecting a 1st round playoff loss.

Completely agree with this analysis.  Don't think much different than this.  Still a competitive team, but losing T. Hill and K. Hunt will have a negative effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightime said:

This post is ridiculous.  The Chief's offense was far superior to every other team in the NFL other than maybe the Rams (who averaged 2 points less per game on offense).  KC had the best depth in terms of RB (Hunt, Ware, Williams all averaged over 4.6 ypc).  I'm not going to even mention the WRs/TEs, that is self explanatory.  KC averaged 9 points more per game than the Chargers in terms of offense.  You can say they had better defensive players, but you listing the WRs and RBs is just ridiculous.  And don't tell me you didn't mention Kelce, that doesn't matter, the guy put up 1300+ receiving yards and like 10 TDs.  He's an oversized slot receiver that creates mismatches against DBs and LBs.

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

This post is ridiculous.  The Chief's offense was far superior to every other team in the NFL other than maybe the Rams (who averaged 2 points less per game on offense).  KC had the best depth in terms of RB (Hunt, Ware, Williams all averaged over 4.6 ypc).  I'm not going to even mention the WRs/TEs, that is self explanatory.  KC averaged 9 points more per game than the Chargers in terms of offense.  You can say they had better defensive players, but you listing the WRs and RBs is just ridiculous.  And don't tell me you didn't mention Kelce, that doesn't matter, the guy put up 1300+ receiving yards and like 10 TDs.  He's an oversized slot receiver that creates mismatches against DBs and LBs.

Let's just make something clear. The difference between the Chiefs offense  and the Chargers offense last year was bigger than the difference between their respective defensive units.

• Like 1

And this year, Chargers will have the superior offense and defense to KC.  Anyone objective can see that. Mahomes aint getting close to 50 tds and without 50 tds, no hunt and likely no hill.  With Chargers getting back Hunter. Chargers WILL have the better offense. Defenses wont even be remotely close, despite what a couple homers think.

Chargers should be fielding a top 3 defense and KC will be lucky to field a 16th ranked defense.

8 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

And this year, Chargers will have the superior offense and defense to KC.  Anyone objective can see that. Mahomes aint getting close to 50 tds and without 50 tds, no hunt and likely no hill.  With Chargers getting back Hunter. Chargers WILL have the better offense. Defenses wont even be remotely close, despite what a couple homers think.

Chargers should be fielding a top 3 defense and KC will be lucky to field a 16th ranked defense.

I needed that laugh before going to bed. Thank you.

50 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Ah the offseason so much bravado

I think its gonna be a great year for both teams. Chargers are still goin down though.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

I’m not necessarily sure if we will be better than them on offense, but our offense is likely to improve with Henry back and theirs is likely to regress. The gap should definitely be less this year. I think we might be the 2nd best defense in the league after the Bears and I expect the Chiefs defense to be around the 20th best.

Edited by Bolts223

35 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Ah the offseason so much bravado

I think its gonna be a great year for both teams. Chargers are still goin down though.

With football being so unpredictable, LAC and KC fans going at it in the offseason and watch come Dec, it's Oak and Den battling for the division and KC and LAC fighting for 3rd.  

• Like 1