So, the 2019 Chiefs...

Hunter2_1

How will they do this season?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. The 2019 Chiefs...

• They consolidate - either the first or second seed in the AFC, not dropping off
    • They drop off slightly - win at least 2 fewer games than last season
    • They drop off markedly - miss playoffs, and end up with a record around .500 or below

4 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Huh? He wont exceed 26 tds, in 2019 if he plays 16 regular season games. 26 tds passing. He will have about 8 rushing tds and chiefs rbs, while none will have 1000 yds. They will be top 3 in rushing tds. 

Mahomes will have over 26TD before we play each other,  so I'll remember to bring it up for our GDT week 12.

1 hour ago, Piquel said:

Mahomes will have over 26TD before we play each other,  so I'll remember to bring it up for our GDT week 12.

No he wont... i hope you do. Because i might get flamed or in trouble for bumping all my post where i stated "bold predictions" so i am depending on the community here to bump them on my behalf. 

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

No he wont... i hope you do. Because i might get flamed or in trouble for bumping all my post where i stated "bold predictions" so i am depending on the community here to bump them on my behalf. 

Bumping old threads is not allowed......  Hence why I will bring it up in the GDT.  Something like,  Hey remember that one guy that posted random crazy stuff and said he GUARANTEED Mahomes wouldn't throw over 26TDs.  Who was that and where is he now?? 

7 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Fam, im literally guaranting Mahomes wont throw for more than 26 tds and him and Hill as well as Kelce will play 16 games. Yall didnt see how i move last year, because i joined this site late. Yall about to respect my word around here. GUARANTEE he doesnt pass for over 26 tds all next year.

It will be more. I think 35 or 36. What I can guarantee though is that KC will score 6-7 points less on average than last year. 

14 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Because this is the NFL and defenses are too smart, players are too smart. So many of his tds where scheme driven rather than Mahomes making crazy td throws in tight coverage. When that is the case, the league catches up fast. SCARY FAST. Mahomes had flashy throws for sure, as much as we've ever seen a single qb have in a season. But alot of those werent the td passes. 

KC is gonna run a ton in the redzone this year. They will lead the league by alot in rush attempts in the redzone.

Too smart? Grasping at straws huh? So you dont actually have any idea how theyre going to stop Mahomes, and here i figured you knew his kryptonite.

You know Andy Reid is still here right? The scheme aint going away anytime soon, and hell haves some new wrinkles for 2019. You think hes gonna go stale with his shiny new Brett Favre 2.0? The best receiving corp in the NFL still resides in KC too, and theyll get open just based off of talent.

Doesnt matter though because, by all measures ive been able to find Mahomes was the best QB in the NFL in tight coverage throws. Youre holding onto preconceptions that are outdated. Hes only going to get better at them with more trust in his receivers and another year as the starter.

Chiefs had a top 5 RB in Kareem Hunt and he didnt take any TDs away from Mahomes. So a lesser RB in Damien Williams is gonna eat up TDs in the redzone? I find that hard to believe.

29 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

*After the Los Angeles Rams and Cleveland Browns. 

If you include my man Travis Kelce the Chiefs are clearly no. 1.

When I think of it, I think the Chiefs are the only team in the NFL with two elite receiving weapons in Hill and Kelce.

Edited by Buckweath

3 hours ago, Buckweath said:

If you include my man Travis Kelce the Chiefs are clearly no. 1.

When I think of it, I think the Chiefs are the only team in the NFL with two elite receiving weapons in Hill and Kelce.

KC: Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Hardman, Robinson

CLE: OBJ, Landry, Njoku, Calloway?

RAMS: Woods, Kupp, Cooks

It’s pretty close either way you look at it

59 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

the chiefs do have the top two there easy but when you extend to the entire corps it’s crazy that the browns have an argument for second best

When Andy Reid and Alex Smith first got to KC it took some mental gymnastics to not put KC's WR core as the worst in the league.  iirc that was the no wr TD all year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nightime said:

KC: Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Hardman, Robinson

CLE: OBJ, Landry, Njoku, Calloway?

RAMS: Woods, Kupp, Cooks

It’s pretty close either way you look at it

Josh Reynolds had 29 receptions for 400 yards in a few games, too, after Kupp was injured. KhaDarel Hodge had some pretty good performances, as well, after showing out in the preseason as a UDFA. The Rams corps goes like 5 deep with guys that can make an impact. Gerald Everett and Tyler Higbee have had some good games, but they've been only an afterthought thus far.

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Too smart? Grasping at straws huh? So you dont actually have any idea how theyre going to stop Mahomes, and here i figured you knew his kryptonite.

You know Andy Reid is still here right? The scheme aint going away anytime soon, and hell haves some new wrinkles for 2019. You think hes gonna go stale with his shiny new Brett Favre 2.0? The best receiving corp in the NFL still resides in KC too, and theyll get open just based off of talent.

Doesnt matter though because, by all measures ive been able to find Mahomes was the best QB in the NFL in tight coverage throws. Youre holding onto preconceptions that are outdated. Hes only going to get better at them with more trust in his receivers and another year as the starter.

Chiefs had a top 5 RB in Kareem Hunt and he didnt take any TDs away from Mahomes. So a lesser RB in Damien Williams is gonna eat up TDs in the redzone? I find that hard to believe.

NEXT GEN STATS had Mahomes as the 3rd lowest percentage of tight window throws. With only Brock Osweiler and Mullins with lower percentages. If you think this wide open passing windows will be available in 2019, then that is as bold of a prediction as there is. 

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Also with Kareem, leading the league in rushing yds in 2017, defenses were more locked in on him in stacked boxes in 2018 in the redzone. Lessor rbs by committee can outproduce superior individual rbs. Especially when defenses will be focused on the passing game. Adjustments dont happen in season at the same rate they do through seasonal progressions. Mahomes will be game planned for effectively this season and not catch the league off guard with a very unique style. It's happening im shocked everyone doesnt see that coming miles away. 

By week 11, the national narrative will be "has mahomes been figured out", " what is wrong with mahomes", "is this the real mahomes". By week 13 Max Kellerman, Shannon Sharpe and Riddick will be making excuses blaming Reid.

I see this so vividly that im shocked no one else sees this happening.

If talking pure WR corps, KC isnt even top 10 let alone top 3. In fact they are one of the weakest pure WR corps. If you include TEs, because they have the best TE and the most dangerous WR. They are top 5.

Watkins hasnt had over 600 yds in like what 4 years. Please, he is a avg #2 at this point. Hardman hasnt taken a snap in the NFL and wasnt even a top 150 prospect rookie. Was he even considered a top 8 rookie prospect. Robinson is bleh.

That WR corp is barely cute at best.

Edited by Bearerofnews