Ranking the (B)East - LB Group

Texas_OutLaw7

BEST LB GROUP IN THE NFC EAST   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST LB GROUP in the NFC East

• Giants: Alex Ogletree / Lorenzo Carter / Oshane Ximines
    • Cowboys: Leighton Vander Esch / Jaylon Smith / Joe Thomas
    • Eagles: Nigel Bradham / Zach Brown / LJ Fort
    • Redskins: Ryan Kerrigan / Ruben Foster / Dion Shaun Hamilton.

Who has the best LB Group for the 2019 season in the NFC East?

Put a heavy emphasis on starting group, but consider depth as well. 2 Starters & 1 Bench Player will be representative of the whole - positions will not matter.

Most points will be the starter - second most will be the Back-Up. (Hopefully there are no ties, but in the event I feel - or enough posters would like an amendment or a run-off we will decide how to proceed then.

Please refer to the master-thread here:

Cowboys: @DaBoys / @Nextyearfordaboyz / @The_Slamman / @Matts4313 / @canadaluvsdallas

Eagles: @Jroc04 / @Danger / @TheRealMcCoy / @Kiltman / @ninjapirate

Redskins: @MKnight82 / @Slappy Mc / @Woz / @Thaiphoon / @turtle28

Giants: @Acgott / @Shockey1979 / @GMENNATION / @Giants4eva / @Kodaraw

Edited by Texas_OutLaw7

59 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I expect this to be a blow-out. Then a decent argument between the Skins and the Eagles. I think I lean Skins. But I do like Bradham a lot.

wasn't kerrigan considered in the DL group too?

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Myself and @Texas_OutLaw7 discussed it and bc the Redskins play a 3-4, we decided Kerrigan should be in the Lb group and not the DL group. We discussed doing to the DL group again but thought the results would be the same as they ended up.

So Kerrigan, Sweat, R. Foster, and SDH/M. Foster vs. LVE, Smith and Lee?

It's almost impossible to compare 3-4 OLBs with 4-3 OLBs as their jobs are so different.  If we base this on positional value, and we project Sweat to ball out and R. Foster to play like he did as a rookie, it's the Redskins easily.  But that's a lot of projection, so I have to go with the Cowboys as of now.

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

He was. If they switched to 43 It is possible he'd play RE. But for all intents and purposes he's a LBer. 

turtle28 and I discussed who should rep the Redskins since they always seem to want changes made to the groupings.

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Myself and @Texas_OutLaw7 discussed it and bc the Redskins play a 3-4, we decided Kerrigan should be in the Lb group and not the DL group. We discussed doing to the DL group again but thought the results would be the same as they ended up.

Gotcha

In that case the skins and cowboys is actually a good debate. Because Kerrigan and Sweat will be affecting a ton of plays land might have to get the nod.

Cowboys very clearly have the best off ball LB group, but if we are including those 3-4 OLBs you can make the argument they are on the same tier. Because Kerrigan to me is the best player in either of their groups. Sweat should have an easier time than he would at 4-3 end for acclimating to the NFL. Foster is a good player.

ill hold off my vote til there is more of a debate between everyone 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

3-4 vs 4-3 is a pretty pointless way of looking at it in today's league tbh.  Kerrigan and Sweat should be considered DE's.

I could go either way on it, but it @Texas_OutLaw7 ‘s exercise and that was his decision.

It’s true though, Kerrigan, Anderson/Sweat will be playing like a 4-3 DE like 2/3-3/4 of the game depending on what team they are playing. The Redskins defense is in nickel 66% to 75% of the game. So, essentially, even though Ioannidis starts as a base 3-4 DE, he’s more a rotational guy. In 2017 Fuller was essentially a starter as their slot CB & last year Moreau was essentially a starter as their slot.

Edited by turtle28

I'm going cowboys here and it's not particularly close. Kerrigan and Sweat are edge rushers. I understand they are technically LBs in a 3-4, but their purpose is rushing the passer.  That's why they got so much clout in the DL debate.  Allen and Payne are great but Kerrigan and Sweat were what put them at the top for many people in the DL thread.  

Thus, of all the true LBs, Cowboys have the best group.