DE Chris Long retires

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, showtime said:

Hall of Fame?  Yea, maybe if this was the basketball HoF.  There's no way in hell he's getting into the pro football HoF.  I don't even know his stats, but I feel pretty comfortable in saying that after watching him his entire career.  He was a pretty good player over the years.  He had some good years in St. Louis with Robert Quinn as his pass rushing buddy.

Basketall HOF comment was hilarious. You can win a 6man award and you'll probably get in lmao

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's actually got 2 SB (B2B) but has Zero chance at making the NFL HOF. Zero!

You really think a guy who went #2 overall, has the pedigree and "name" around the league, and securing not one, but two Super Bowl rings, has zero chance at making the Hall of Fame?

I respectfully disagree sir.

10 hours ago, showtime said:

Hall of Fame?  Yea, maybe if this was the basketball HoF.  There's no way in hell he's getting into the pro football HoF.  I don't even know his stats, but I feel pretty comfortable in saying that after watching him his entire career.  He was a pretty good player over the years.  He had some good years in St. Louis with Robert Quinn as his pass rushing buddy.

The Hall of Fame is not the Hall of Statistical Achievements. He's got 2 rings, he's been a well-known player ever since before getting selected #2 overall (which only built his legend further) and he's been recognizable face off the field and in the community. His statistics are respectable, 70 sacks in his career, but to dismiss his overall achievements and 2 Super Bowl rings would be shortsighted, IMO.

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

You really think a guy who went #2 overall, has the pedigree and "name" around the league, and securing not one, but two Super Bowl rings, has zero chance at making the Hall of Fame?

I respectfully disagree sir.

2 Superbowl rings is cool and all but he wasnt anywhere near the main reason those teams won the Superbowl. Citing it in this argument is invalid

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Agreed he's not getting in the Hall. Let's play the hypothetical game though. If he's the one that's strips Brady instead of Graham, is there then an argument for him?

A single fumble changing his trajectory? Dunno about that, even with the stage where it happened.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see him get in the Hall (even if that gives you guys another member (ick :D )). I just don't see it happening though.

18 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Was never one of those truly impactful players you hope to net with the #2 overall pick, but he's put together a solid career, and got that Super Bowl. Should be enough to carry him into the Hall of Fame.

He is in no way, shape or form a NFL HoF

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Does he make the hall of very good?

He probably more or less makes the hall of "solid career, but if teams had to go back and do it over, they aren't drafted that high" along with guys like:

*Big Daddy Wilkenson (#1 overall)

*A.J. Hawk (#5 overall)

*Reggie Bush (#2 overall)

*Alex Smith (#1 overall)

*Soon to be Marcus Mariota (#2 overall)

• Like 1