2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I still think it'd be 100x funnier if the Warriors won game 1 without KD, then KD came back and the Raptors end up winning the series.

KD might have already played his last game in a Warriors uni. Not sure he’d come back and play if the dubs come home up 2-0 

• Like 1

I've no clue how GS and TOR matched up during the regular season, but if I'm GS I'm gearing up for a lot of of 6'7/230# Draymond Green blanketing 6'7"/230# Kawhi Leonard.

I think Green's got the perfect skill set (and perhaps most importantly) attitude for just such a matchup and that could be a mano y mano worth the price of admission.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've no clue how GS and TOR matched up during the regular season, but if I'm GS I'm gearing up for a lot of of 6'7/230# Draymond Green blanketing 6'7"/230# Kawhi Leonard.

I think Green's got the perfect skill set (and perhaps most importantly) attitude for just such a matchup and that could be a mano y mano worth the price of admission.

Toronto won both games and Kawhi averaged like 37 ppg.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Iggy will be guarding Leonard, and then a lot of KD when he returns.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Toronto won both games and Kawhi averaged like 37 ppg.

Kawhi only played in one of the meetings. Matter of fact, the Raptors ran the Dubs off their court without him lol. 

• Like 1

The Warriors have so many different defenders they can throw at Kawhi, especially if Durant returns. Draymond, Iggy, Klay, Durant... 

One worry that I have is that even if Kawhi goes sicko mode, I don't think Toronto's supporting cast has enough firepower to match Klay, Durant, etc. 

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I’ve got a funny feeling Toronto pulls this off. Kawhi is gonna have to be super human though.

Same. I think this will be closer than people think. But they need Siakam, Gasol, and Powell to step it up. They also need Vanvleet to keep playing like a gawd. 

What gives the Warriors the most issues is having multiple shot creators. Raptors need at least one more person to create off the dribble. Siakam can be that guy but I don’t think he’s ready for that yet as proven by the past two rounds. You can’t just be Kawhi and spot up shooters. Warriors will probably treat Kawhi as they did Dame and they even had CJ to which the Warriors didn’t care.

39 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Warriors will probably treat Kawhi as they did Dame and they even had CJ to which the Warriors didn’t care.

Put some respect on Kawhi's name mayne. He's arguably the best player on the planet.