2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Learn what from Milwaukee? They lost to another very good team that is LEVELS above the Blazers defensively. 

They were getting hyped up as a new dynasty in the East behind Giannis and now the narrative has shifted to people realizing the roster's not actually as impressive as the record suggested. 

44 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

If you say so...

No need to take anything he says seriously. There are countless examples even in this thread alone he’s trying to triple down on a poor take about the raptors he’s still patting himself on the back for picking Philly when they went up 2-1 in that series. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

And what did Portland prove to make you buy stock in them?

I haven't bought stock in any of them, but Portland took out OKC and Denver. Philly have chemistry issues and beat themselves while Toronto were trying to hand them the series and Milwaukee's limitations were exposed. Kawhi and an extremely erratic supporting cast is not that much more impressive than Dame, CJ and the rest, but now people will pretend  Toronto's supporting cast isn't erratic AF in the playoffs.

The Raptors and  76ers need to prove more before saying they are a worlds better than a team with a similar record who made the WCF.  

Edited by amac

19 minutes ago, amac said:

They were getting hyped up as a new dynasty in the East behind Giannis and now the narrative has shifted to people realizing the roster's not actually as impressive as the record suggested. 

They lost because the Raptors had the better closer. The Bucks were a quality quality ball club don't get it twisted. The Raptors had a great defense with the best perimeter defender in the game and it took his greatness on both ends to beat the Bucks. No shame in that. Still don't see how the Bucks losing to the Raptors proves anything about the Blazers. The Blazers simply aren't on that level. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They lost because the Raptors had the better closer. The Bucks were a quality quality ball club don't get it twisted. The Raptors had a great defense with the best perimeter defender in the game and it took his greatness on both ends to beat the Bucks. No shame in that. Still don't see how the Bucks losing to the Raptors proves anything about the Blazers. The Blazers simply aren't on that level. 

It proves people are suckers for flavors of the week. When the Raptors almost fumbled the series against the 76ers people thought the Bucks would throttle them. None of the new Eastern powers have proven themselves against the cream of the crop is what I'm getting at. Yes they are better than the Blazers, but the Blazers aren't trash and the Raptors have their own flaws.

If Portland and Toronto go h2h in a series and Kyle Lowry has another crappy series it would be competitive.

Edited by amac

Just now, amac said:

It proves people are suckers for flavors of the week. When the Raptors almost fumbled the series against the 76ers people thought the Bucks would throttle them. None of the new Eastern powers have proven themselves against the cream of the crop is what I'm  getting at. Yes they are better than the Blazers, but the Blazers aren't trash and the Raptors have their own flaws.

If Kyle Lowry plays like he did in the first 2 series in a series against Portland the Blazers absolutely have a chance to beat them

Well, I was never one of them that thought the Bucks were going to just go through them. No way. Leaned Bucks in 7 but thought Raptors in 6 was also possible. The Raptors getting past a talented 76ers team isn't a bad thing by any means, regardless of how close and competitive the series was. 

Lowry would have had good chances to get his numbers against the Blazers. We saw Murray for most of the series have big games until game 7. The Blazers just aren't close to the defensive team the others in the East and Warriors are. 

2 hours ago, amac said:

Warriors in 5. Raptors are going to get destroyed but I'll give them 1 game

You're crazy.  If Kevin Durant was fully healthy, then I would pick the Warriors to win this without a doubt.  But with the uncertainty around Durant even playing at all?  Warriors are in trouble.  Against most teams they wouldn't need Durant, but they need him here.  Without Durant this is going 6-7 games and the Raptors have a pretty good chance to win it.

1 hour ago, amac said:

I haven't bought stock in any of them, but Portland took out OKC and Denver. Philly have chemistry issues and beat themselves while Toronto were trying to hand them the series and Milwaukee's limitations were exposed. Kawhi and an extremely erratic supporting cast is not that much more impressive than Dame, CJ and the rest, but now people will pretend  Toronto's supporting cast isn't erratic AF in the playoffs.

The Raptors and  76ers need to prove more before saying they are a worlds better than a team with a similar record who made the WCF.  

toronto's supporting cast might be erratic but they are all great defensive players. portland was a below average defensive team in the regular season who lost their best defensive player going into the playoffs. their #3 option is rodney hood. 

okc and den have won a combined 1 series the last three years. they haven't proven to be anything serious. Philly has the most talent of any team outside of GS and the Bucks had one of the best seasons (analytically) in a while. 

57 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

toronto's supporting cast might be erratic but they are all great defensive players. portland was a below average defensive team in the regular season who lost their best defensive player going into the playoffs. their #3 option is rodney hood. 

okc and den have won a combined 1 series the last three years. they haven't proven to be anything serious. Philly has the most talent of any team outside of GS and the Bucks had one of the best seasons (analytically) in a while. 

When you look at Milwaukee's supporting cast is it honestly surprising they couldn't repeat that success in the playoffs? Does anyone think Khris Middleton is a bonafide #2 option? It's possible those 3 teams aren't as good as they are now being hyped up to be, considering gatekeeper Lebron is not in the East anymore I will wait to see how they fare against Golden State before I sip the kool-aid, as the only one who has elite all around talent on paper is Philadelphia.  

If Kyle Lowry and Pascal Siakam don't bring it they are going to get beat handily, which is not something I'd want to be hinging my hopes on. 

2 hours ago, amac said:

It proves people are suckers for flavors of the week. When the Raptors almost fumbled the series against the 76ers people thought the Bucks would throttle them. None of the new Eastern powers have proven themselves against the cream of the crop is what I'm getting at. Yes they are better than the Blazers, but the Blazers aren't trash and the Raptors have their own flaws.

If Portland and Toronto go h2h in a series and Kyle Lowry has another crappy series it would be competitive.

"Flavor of the week" you do realize Raps sat Leonard and Lowry tis season while healthy specifically for the now

They dressed the entire starting 5 maybe 7-8 times together all year and if they didn't Toronto would've had the best record in NBA with 2 wins over Golden State including one without Kawhi

This dude is just a hater, he's been hating the Raps since the start of the 6ers series

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Blazers only made the WCF because of where they were seeded. If they played GS, Houston, or Utah they would've been eliminated in the first round. 

14 minutes ago, amac said:

When you look at Milwaukee's supporting cast is it honestly surprising they couldn't repeat that success in the playoffs? Does anyone think Khris Middleton is a bonafide #2 option? It's possible those 3 teams aren't as good as they are now being hyped up to be, considering gatekeeper Lebron is not in the East anymore I will wait to see how they fare against Golden State before I sip the kool-aid, as the only one who has elite all around talent on paper is Philadelphia.  

If Kyle Lowry and Pascal Siakam don't bring it they are going to get beat handily, which is not something I'd want to be hinging my hopes on. 

Lowry and Siakam arent the guys we need to step up. It's Green and Gasol we'll need to start hitting shots because it's no secret what Warriors gonna do

Edited by BillsGuy82

5 hours ago, showtime said:

You're crazy.  If Kevin Durant was fully healthy, then I would pick the Warriors to win this without a doubt.  But with the uncertainty around Durant even playing at all?  Warriors are in trouble.  Against most teams they wouldn't need Durant, but they need him here.  Without Durant this is going 6-7 games and the Raptors have a pretty good chance to win it.

The Warriors are in trouble? Nah. That’s going too far. Saying the Warriors in 5 isn’t any crazier than saying they’re in trouble.

But hey we’ll see.