2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

If someone posted this already, my apologies, but will, Stephen freakin Curry actually play like an MVP in the finals already????

33 pts in game two last year, followed by 37 pts in the clinching game four of the sweep wasn't enough for you?

That's 70 pts in two games brah. 

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I'd say they are better off with him not playing at all 

If it was against the Bucks and how they like to push the ball at times of the game? Then definitely would be better off without him. But I think he can play in this series some and will be needed. The Raptors defense is super legit and you will just need someone to make plays on the block or in isolation. This is where the loss of Durant will truly matter. Against a sorry defensive team like the Blazers? No, but against a team that can switch everything and defends the three ball well? Absolutely. I say give Cousins about 10-12 minutes and see what he gives you. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If it was against the Bucks and how they like to push the ball at times of the game? Then definitely would be better off without him. But I think he can play in this series some and will be needed. The Raptors defense is super legit and you will just need someone to make plays on the block or in isolation. This is where the loss of Durant will truly matter. Against a sorry defensive team like the Blazers? No, but against a team that can switch everything and defends the three ball well? Absolutely. I say give Cousins about 10-12 minutes and see what he gives you. 

I get that the Warriors have like so much room for error, but playing an out of shape center coming off two significant injuries and expecting something out of him will most likely be rough. Dude was a terrible defender when healthy. GS fans saying Boogie Cousins will be needed is some good reverse jinxing and I respect it.

I think Boogie would have been valuable to this team if they had to play the Nuggets or a team with a great post center as a body to throw. I have a hard time seeing him being valuable but I suppose it's possible. No reason he should play minutes in the finals but when you are the Warriors it doesn't matter lol 

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I get that the Warriors have like so much room for error, but playing an out of shape center coming off two significant injuries and expecting something out of him will most likely be rough. Dude was a terrible defender when healthy. GS fans saying Boogie Cousins will be needed is some good reverse jinxing and I respect it.

I think Boogie would have been valuable to this team if they had to play the Nuggets or a team with a great post center as a body to throw. I have a hard time seeing him being valuable but I suppose it's possible. No reason he should play minutes in the finals but when you are the Warriors it doesn't matter lol 

Reverse jinx? Huh? This is going to be a defensive grind type of series, especially without KD. Look at the 76ers and Bucks scores, teams were barely surpassing the 100 point mark. The Raptors have the individual defenders are able to switch well enough to make the Warriors play more one on one than they would like. So this is where Boogie can have some value. You can play him for a five minute stretch here and there. 

The Raptors aren't one of those teams that will run the high P&R to death like the Rockets. Boogie can be okay on the defensive end when Gasol is in the game. Will Kawhi try to attack Boogie? Absolutely, but I say trap Kawhi and make guys like Siakam and Gasol beat you from down town when Boogie is in the game. I don't think they should trap Kawhi all game, but you can in those few minutes that Boogie plays. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Reverse jinx? Huh? This is going to be a defensive grind type of series, especially without KD. Look at the 76ers and Bucks scores, teams were barely surpassing the 100 point mark. The Raptors have the individual defenders are able to switch well enough to make the Warriors play more one on one than they would like. So this is where Boogie can have some value. You can play him for a five minute stretch here and there. 

The Raptors aren't one of those teams that will run the high P&R to death like the Rockets. Boogie can be okay on the defensive end when Gasol is in the game. Will Kawhi try to attack Boogie? Absolutely, but I say trap Kawhi and make guys like Siakam and Gasol beat you from down town when Boogie is in the game. I don't think they should trap Kawhi all game, but you can in those few minutes that Boogie plays. 

It's just wild to say a team as great as the Warriors, who have looked excellent all playoffs, should play and give shots to an out of shape center coming off two significant injuries and has only played 30 games with the team in their most high stakes games of the season. 

It's one thing to be cute and let Boogie fire threes against the Pelicans in February and another thing to give dude minutes (coming off an injury!) in the finals. It's just a situation that very few teams would put themselves in or be able to handle....but the Warriors have that room for error! 

Boogie looked pretty brutal when he played earlier this year, imo, and it's only going to be worse. I wouldn't expect too much from him. But, like I said, it's possible I suppose. It's just funny that you said Boogie will be needed lol. They don't need Boogie at all. 

54 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yes. Don't mess with what's been working. Let Cousins work with Klay on the 2nd unit.

I should've phrased that differently.. I meant should they play him at all. I agree with you, if they do play him, he should certainly be playing the bulk of his minutes (however limited they are) with the second unit.

On 5/28/2019 at 2:03 PM, showtime said:

I have no clue.  Judging on the amount of food references and the questions being stupid - I would probably guess Brian Windhorst.

My favorite reporter question (as a joke) was asking one of the players at Super Bowl press week if this was a "must win game".

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, champ11 said:

It's just wild to say a team as great as the Warriors, who have looked excellent all playoffs, should play and give shots to an out of shape center coming off two significant injuries and has only played 30 games with the team in their most high stakes games of the season. 

It's one thing to be cute and let Boogie fire threes against the Pelicans in February and another thing to give dude minutes (coming off an injury!) in the finals. It's just a situation that very few teams would put themselves in or be able to handle....but the Warriors have that room for error! 

Boogie looked pretty brutal when he played earlier this year, imo, and it's only going to be worse. I wouldn't expect too much from him. But, like I said, it's possible I suppose. It's just funny that you said Boogie will be needed lol. They don't need Boogie at all. 

Not saying they can't or won't win without him, but if KD is out for the entire series? Then yes, I think his scoring will be needed in spots. The offense is going to be brutal when Steph sits. All these wins without KD, Steph has been amazing. He hasn't had one off shooting night or one bad game. What happens if he doesn't have it rolling? And against this defense, he is going to have a game or two where he finds it very tough. You're definitely not getting scoring from Bell or Looney this series lol.